City of Grand Rapids Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 12, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at City of Grand Rapids

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Grand Rapids (Grand Rapids, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview was approximately an hour long, with a panel of three individuals. Followed a fairly standardized structure where the panel appeared to be following written prompts and completing said form with responses provided by the interviewed individual. Panel was friendly and listened actively to answers provided.

IT&S Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at City of Grand Rapids (Grand Rapids, MI) in November 2010.

Interview

applied online, took forever to hear from them. They set up a panel interview, then a second level panel interview. After that, they made an offer. Negotiated some and set a start date.

Pretty straight forward process. Run of the mill questions. Behavioural mostly. One case study (e.g. look at this data, tell us what you would do to improve it).

Interview Questions

• I was suprised by the case study question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

pretty basic, little room to negotiate

Interview

Receive call for an interview a few weeks after applying, interviewed once with quite a large panel, received an offer a couple weeks later. Interview was pretty standard, project questions, IT questions, some development questions.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions about systems they use. Answered 'no' a lot.   Answer Question

Negotiation

minimal negotiations, union environment