City of Hope Interview Questions in Duarte, CA | Glassdoor

2.9

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duarte, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at City of Hope (Duarte, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Got phone call about 4 days after the online application from the administrative manager; then through email, they scheduled an on-site interview for around 2 hours. Then a week after, followed up with a second interview. Total process: 4 weeks+, Be patient.

Interview Questions

• One time you almost lost a customer, but how did you salvage the situation?   1 Answer

RN BSN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duarte, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Hope (Duarte, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with the nurse recruiter, she was very nice and professional. I have a second interview with the unit manager. I cannot say I have an offer until I get my second interview. I will update.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle taking care of a cancer patient that is your age?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duarte, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Hope (Duarte, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied for the position online. Received a response within a couple of weeks with interview a week after. Had a nice chat with the PI and he showed me around the lab. We talked about my qualifications and my experience. Overall, the interview was not so much about what I knew but my overall work process. Was offered the job but was forced to accept the position within 3 days despite asking for more time to consider other opportunities. HR cited budgetary reasons.

Research Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duarte, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at City of Hope (Duarte, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process I had with a lab at City of Hope was pretty straightforward - one phone interview with HR, followed by an on-site interview with the PI and a few other researchers in his department.

Although the interviews went as expected, I was very disappointed in the communication process afterwards. The PI called me a week and a half after my on-site interview to tell me that he had spoken to all (all!) of my references, and that he really liked me as a candidate. Although he did not give me a verbal offer over the phone, he told me HR would get in touch with me to go over the benefits offered with the job. HR called me the next day, and after describing the benefits the representative said that they had not decided on a salary for the position yet, and that they would get back to me as soon as they figured that out. A week later, HR emailed me to let me know that another candidate was hired instead. I was surprised, and I felt like I had been led on. I don't think HR should have discussed the benefits with me nor told me they were working on a salary if they were not sure I was the candidate they would offer the job to. I also thought it was strange and a little unprofessional of the PI to follow up with me and make it seem as though he wanted to offer me the job. I think the whole process should've been handled differently by both the PI and HR; I would've rather they refrained from contacting me until the very end when they told me I did not receive the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at a research institute like City of Hope instead of a job in industry?   Answer Question

Clinical Laboratory Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duarte, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at City of Hope (Duarte, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The supervisor is a nice person and very accomodating. He introduced me to the lab personnels and the instruments used in the laboratory. He also gave me an overview of what they are expecting from me.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duarte, CA

Interview

There were tests I took to ensure I was able to handle the position then there was a phone interview with an executive member and finally a 1:1 interview. You have to know what you are doing because from the very start as a professional you jump right in. I'm fortunate to learn from the top leaders of the organization. They are really in the action of it all. You will never find any one of their execs behind a desk. They are on campus, in meetings and improving the hospital every day. I would be careful about the Directors some are real (will make sure you feel secured and happy to work for them by treating you and the others equally) and at least 1 director I encountered was fake (made others work harder and gave them promotions whenever they went the extra mile to do his dirty work)

Interview Questions

• What do you look for in a company?   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duarte, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City of Hope (Duarte, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

From beginning to end the process was informative, organized and effortless. They gave you all the information you needed up front for easy transition on the day of interviews. Team you interviewed with from the group panel to the CEO, were briefed, ready and very prepared. Respectful, honest and very open to any questions or concerns you had.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something you learned through a recent difficulty at your current job.   1 Answer

Registered Nurse, BSN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duarte, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at City of Hope (Duarte, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online for Operating Room RN. I was told a few years back that when I had my BSN to reapply and that O.R. RN's will always be in need. I interviewed with the Management team along with a few staff. Typical O.R. type questions, (what procedures have you been involved in, do you scrub, dealing with surgeons, stress, etc..).

Interview Questions

• Type of surgeries involved with, do you scrub? ASC vs. surgery inpatient setting.   1 Answer

Clerical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duarte, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at City of Hope (Duarte, CA).

Interview

I went to work at City of Hope as a temporary employee. After a few months there, I was asked if I was interested in the position. I said yes, and then the process to hire me began.

Director, Content Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duarte, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City of Hope (Duarte, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Algorithms are used to match candidates' resumés to job descriptions using keywords; Two phone screen interviews occurred, one with HR recruiter and the other directly with hiring manager; Process took 21 days time; This job has since been cancelled and is now reissued as a newspaper journalist-type position without a marketing focus.

Interview Questions

• Nothing of a personal nature was asked; The main question was, "How would you re-purpose the City of Hope Breakthroughs Blog to reach other audiences?"   1 Answer