City of Hope Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 26, 2017

2.9

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duarte, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at City of Hope (Duarte, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Got phone call about 4 days after the online application from the administrative manager; then through email, they scheduled an on-site interview for around 2 hours. Then a week after, followed up with a second interview. Total process: 4 weeks+, Be patient.

Interview Questions

• One time you almost lost a customer, but how did you salvage the situation?   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Hope.

Interview

Applied online through City of Hope Career. Got phone interview from the P.I. 4 week after the application. Will receive on-site interview information through e-mail after the phone interview. Take weeks to process.

RN BSN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duarte, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Hope (Duarte, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with the nurse recruiter, she was very nice and professional. I have a second interview with the unit manager. I cannot say I have an offer until I get my second interview. I will update.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle taking care of a cancer patient that is your age?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duarte, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Hope (Duarte, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied for the position online. Received a response within a couple of weeks with interview a week after. Had a nice chat with the PI and he showed me around the lab. We talked about my qualifications and my experience. Overall, the interview was not so much about what I knew but my overall work process. Was offered the job but was forced to accept the position within 3 days despite asking for more time to consider other opportunities. HR cited budgetary reasons.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at City of Hope.

Interview

The City of Hope interview process was enjoyable. It consisted of several conversations between myself and the principal investigator before deciding if there was a fit with my skills and research interests.

Research Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duarte, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at City of Hope (Duarte, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process I had with a lab at City of Hope was pretty straightforward - one phone interview with HR, followed by an on-site interview with the PI and a few other researchers in his department.

Although the interviews went as expected, I was very disappointed in the communication process afterwards. The PI called me a week and a half after my on-site interview to tell me that he had spoken to all (all!) of my references, and that he really liked me as a candidate. Although he did not give me a verbal offer over the phone, he told me HR would get in touch with me to go over the benefits offered with the job. HR called me the next day, and after describing the benefits the representative said that they had not decided on a salary for the position yet, and that they would get back to me as soon as they figured that out. A week later, HR emailed me to let me know that another candidate was hired instead. I was surprised, and I felt like I had been led on. I don't think HR should have discussed the benefits with me nor told me they were working on a salary if they were not sure I was the candidate they would offer the job to. I also thought it was strange and a little unprofessional of the PI to follow up with me and make it seem as though he wanted to offer me the job. I think the whole process should've been handled differently by both the PI and HR; I would've rather they refrained from contacting me until the very end when they told me I did not receive the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at a research institute like City of Hope instead of a job in industry?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Hope (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The first interview was great. I truly enjoyed my conversation with the recruiter, she was professional and showcased the company well. If the next steps of the interview are like the first one, this will be a great place to work because you can feel the culture of care.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your professional career for the last 7 years?   1 Answer

Clinical Laboratory Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duarte, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at City of Hope (Duarte, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The supervisor is a nice person and very accomodating. He introduced me to the lab personnels and the instruments used in the laboratory. He also gave me an overview of what they are expecting from me.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duarte, CA

Interview

There were tests I took to ensure I was able to handle the position then there was a phone interview with an executive member and finally a 1:1 interview. You have to know what you are doing because from the very start as a professional you jump right in. I'm fortunate to learn from the top leaders of the organization. They are really in the action of it all. You will never find any one of their execs behind a desk. They are on campus, in meetings and improving the hospital every day. I would be careful about the Directors some are real (will make sure you feel secured and happy to work for them by treating you and the others equally) and at least 1 director I encountered was fake (made others work harder and gave them promotions whenever they went the extra mile to do his dirty work)

Interview Questions

• What do you look for in a company?   1 Answer

Medical Records Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City of Hope (Lancaster, CA).

Interview

Thorough, lengthy, unreturned calls back, problematic, hard log in for online application, multiple back and forth calls, misleading, not user friendly online application, overwhelming background experience with the company that CoH uses. telephone interview first then followed by face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Do not remember, standard questions 'what would you do in this situation' 'tell me about your most recent employer' 'why do you want to work here' 'how you overcame a situation' 'what is your best and worst trait' 'tell me about yourself' most were situational questions and what I would do to fix or how I would react. 'what duties you had at most recent employer'   1 Answer

Negotiation

low balled with pay rate