City of Hope Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

City of Hope Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2018

2.9

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Hope.

Interview

Applied online in August received a call for phone interview a month later. Then I didn't hear back for a month about a face to face interview. Interviewed in person November. The interviews were fairly basic and not very complex. The communication lag time with the recruiters is an issue.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at City of Hope in January 2018.

Interview

One over the phone interview and one in person with the hiring manager. Manager was new, smart but lacked enough people management skills in my opinion. Department suffers from general organizational disarray. I was told manager had really liked my background for this Sr level position which was “ permanent “ and I would expect a call for the next steps. Never heard back, my recruiter said they apparently hired a Jr candidate for a five week contract to see how it would work out.
    Very unorganized and lacks organizational planning immensely!

I will stay away from this place due to more than one negative experience total waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Very specific question about my past experience as an analyst, manager was very smart and was trying to get into your head by asking very specific and detailed questions   Answer Question

ERP Systems Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duarte, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Hope (Duarte, CA).

Interview

Panel interview, with aleast 3 person, focused mostly on behavior type of questions, your answers are used against you to probed deeper down into yourself. They are pretty good at getting into your head.

QA Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at City of Hope.

Interview

I applied through my university's career center. Several weeks later I received a call to schedule a phone interview. The interview seemed to go well. I was told that a decision would be made within a week, but I never heard back. No responses to emails or phone calls.

Scientific Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Hope (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I spent one hour talking to the manager of the scientific writers for a PhD level position at City of Hope. After that, I spend an entire day on campus with around 6-7 individual thirty minute interviews. It was all relatively standard and went fine as far as I could tell. After following up, I waited to hear back from them. After taking a day off work and an hour of my time with this company, I was not even granted a response telling me I had not gotten the job. I followed up with the manager and she did not even respond. Given that a few of the people I interviewed with seemed to imply a high degree of beauraracy in the organization, I most likely would not have accepted any offer. However, the fact that they did not even respond after I gave them much of my time signifies to me a high amount of unprofessionalism. I would not recommend anybody give this organization their time.

Interview Questions

• Depended on who the interview was with but mostly surrounded on the way in which I write grant proposals. Most everything related to the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City of Hope (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application and about a week later I was contacted for a phone interview. The phone interview went pretty well and I was asked for an in person interview on site. The interview consisted of 1 panel interview with current research associates and 1 with the physician I would be working with. Both were pleasant and friendly. This is where things got frustrating though. The interviewer ended the interview by telling me I would know within the next week of his decision. One week goes by, nothing. I emailed him to check in and reaffirm my interest, still nothing. 3.5 weeks later and I got a generic email informing me I did not get the job. The rejection stung, but the complete lack of communication was really frustrating.

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duarte, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at City of Hope (Duarte, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Got phone call about 4 days after the online application from the administrative manager; then through email, they scheduled an on-site interview for around 2 hours. Then a week after, followed up with a second interview. Total process: 4 weeks+, Be patient.

Interview Questions

• One time you almost lost a customer, but how did you salvage the situation?   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Hope.

Interview

Applied online through City of Hope Career. Got phone interview from the P.I. 4 week after the application. Will receive on-site interview information through e-mail after the phone interview. Take weeks to process.

RN BSN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duarte, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Hope (Duarte, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with the nurse recruiter, she was very nice and professional. I have a second interview with the unit manager. I cannot say I have an offer until I get my second interview. I will update.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle taking care of a cancer patient that is your age?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Duarte, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Hope (Duarte, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied for the position online. Received a response within a couple of weeks with interview a week after. Had a nice chat with the PI and he showed me around the lab. We talked about my qualifications and my experience. Overall, the interview was not so much about what I knew but my overall work process. Was offered the job but was forced to accept the position within 3 days despite asking for more time to consider other opportunities. HR cited budgetary reasons.