City of Hope Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duarte, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at City of Hope (Duarte, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Got phone call about 4 days after the online application from the administrative manager; then through email, they scheduled an on-site interview for around 2 hours. Then a week after, followed up with a second interview. Total process: 4 weeks+, Be patient.

Interview Questions

• One time you almost lost a customer, but how did you salvage the situation?   1 Answer

Clinical Research Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duarte, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at City of Hope (Duarte, CA) in November 2007.

Interview

Panel interview with 4 clinical trials administratrors, 3 scientific research staff in research specific to position, and medical terminology test. Offer for interview was received by email. Follow up was expedient, likely due to the eagerness to fill position. Clinical trial administrators asked very general questions about skills and familiarity in clinical trials in oncology as a whole industry. Scientific researchers gave more insight in what would be entailed in the position on a daily and long term goals of the research project.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about any challenges you had regarding getting along with others in the workplace?   Answer Question
    • Are you flexible and able to multi-task? Give an example.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Straight forward, very little wiggle room - agreed to go $2K above asking price. No allocations for conference reimbursements, standard continuing education reimbursements after 1 year of employment.

Interview

One interview, very short, asked about experience level with cancer trials. Asked about experience with consortium trials, asked regarding pharma trials, experience level in screening, entering data, current job responsibilities.

Clerical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duarte, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at City of Hope (Duarte, CA).

Interview

I went to work at City of Hope as a temporary employee. After a few months there, I was asked if I was interested in the position. I said yes, and then the process to hire me began.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duarte, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at City of Hope (Duarte, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

The hiring and interview process is lengthy. Once you apply do not expect a response anytime soon. It took me over 3 months from interview to hire date. The background took almost 2 months to complete. The HR staff are very helpful and very responsive once the process has begun, it is worth the wait and the hospital is a great place to be.

Negotiation

Was told what it will pay and if I wanted it.

Intern Interview

Interview

No interview for primary round of process. The Academy directors screen for potential interns by reading only your written application that you submit online, based on grades, short essays, teacher recommendations, etc. You are notified if you pass to the second round - the interviews. Interviews are conducted directly with lab directors that you're interested in working for, vary individually in scope/depth/difficulty.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monrovia, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at City of Hope (Monrovia, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Initial phone call (30 minutes), phone interview (about 60 minutes), interview in person (with 6 recruiters in three sessions with 2 recruiters in each session, hiring manager, team members, boss' boss), lunch with 'to be boss'

Interview Questions

• How would I live the company values and examples of situations supporting it; not much about how my experience from different industry would apply to health care, so I was proactive about that and I think it was a good idea.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City of Hope.

Interview

Look online to find opportunities then a phone call from HR is the next step prior to coming in for a 1:1 interview and testing. If all goes well then an other interview is set up with people you may or may not be reporting to. Very confusing to the prospective employee.

Interview Questions

Interview

1. Applied
    2. Phone interview - came within a week of applying
    3. In-person interview 2-3 weeks after phone interview - I talked with the interviewer for about 30 minutes and he just asked questions regarding my resume
    4. Interview lasted 1.5 hours - 30 minutes each with 3 people

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected; they usually ask about your experiences you have written on your resume

In regards to my work experience, one thing they asked was about a difficult situation and how I was able to overcome it   Answer Question

Negotiation

They called to offer the job. Once I accepted, I had to turn in some forms, provide references, do a drug test, and background check.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duarte, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City of Hope (Duarte, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

The Associate VP wanted me to be interviewed, vetted and hired prior to the end of the year, so once I was introduced, interviewed and background was checked the entire process length was 2-1/2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why this job? Where do you see yourself in five years? Is that a firm salary amount that you're requesting?   1 Answer