City of Houston Financial Analyst IV Interview Questions | Glassdoor

City of Houston Financial Analyst IV Interview Questions

2.5

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Analyst IV Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at City of Houston in September 2015.

Interview

Typical interview. Two employees sat across from me in a conference room asking me questions from a standard list. Most questions were regarding my background. It was moderately comfortable with some small talk. They did ask me the same questions multiple times, not because they were trying to trip me up, but because the same question was on their list in more than one place and one couldn't remember the answer I had previously provided.

They told me that the next step was for me to take a timed exam to test my skills. I never was contacted about the exam, so I figured they weren't interested.

I didn't hear from them for over a month and was called back for a second interview with a more senior employee.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for City of Houston

Financial Analyst IV Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at City of Houston.

Interview

Most of my interviews were informal and the job postings were posted out of formality. They already usually know who they are hiring. Human Resources is constantly re-assigned to different departments, which slows down the hiring process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at City of Houston (Houston, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Manager was late to the interview. She did not seem interested in interviewing me. It was like just part of a process that she had to follow. The job was reposted the day before my interview. My theory is if you are not really interested in hiring me, DONT waste my time. There were several people there on the same day to interview. One person left before me and one was waiting after me. They had no intention off hiring any of us.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected questions....Who would you give the unoccupied office to, a person that already works here and wants the office or the new person coming into the job that normally works in that office?   Answer Question