KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

City of Houston Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 95 of over 95 interviews

In Person6%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

City of Houston

Application

I interviewed at City of Houston

Interview

There is a panel of 5 or 6 people they ask u are style questions to determine knowledge There is a panel of 5 or 6 people they ask u are style questions to determine knowledge

Interview Questions
  • Automotive ase questions Automotive ase questions Automotive ase questions Automotive ase questions
    1 Answer

City of Houston

Application

I interviewed at City of Houston

Interview

The interview process at the City of Houston is very timely. Be prepared to wait a while before you hear from someone regarding your interview. Most interviews consist of three person panel.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

City of Houston

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Houston

Interview

interview was good, take about 30 minutes. They make you comfortable and the interviewers were very nice, there were 5 interviewers. I hope they will get to me in no due time.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself tell me one thing team leadership a situation you found yourself what do you do

City of Houston

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at City of Houston in Jan 2022

Interview

I applied online, I was called about a month and a half later. Three people were on the panel, they each took a turn to ask a question. 10 total questions were asked.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

City of Houston

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City of Houston in Jan 2022

Interview

The interview process was formal consisting of 5 personnel. Communication after the interview for follow-up did not occur. I was not notified whether I was selected for the job or denied the offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

City of Houston

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City of Houston

Interview

An HR Representative called me. I missed the call and they did not leave a message. When I called the number back, I received clarification of why they were calling (to set up an interview). The person asked me if I was ok with the salary range of the job. I asked them to remind me what it was since I had applied to multiple positions. They didn't know and couldn't answer me. I was first sent a link to do a recorded/virtual interview with a computer program. It was horrible, but I got through it. I was then contacted to have a virtual interview with actual people. A group of 5 people asked me the most asinine questions. When it came my turn to ask them questions about the actual job, they struggled to give me direct answers. I simply wanted clarification on the actual job duties and they could not tell me anything. At the end of the interview someone said I would be hearing from HR within 48 hours either way (whether I would be asked to come in person for another interview or otherwise). I was never contacted and the position still shows open on their website 6 months later. I hate to say it, but every single person I dealt with along the way lived up to the reputation of a government employee. SO SAD.

Interview Questions
  • Situational questions that were absolutely ridiculous. This is a job with the city making a basic salary - not Google. They read from a script and never asked me actual questions about myself or work history and how I could add value to their department.

City of Houston

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Houston

Interview

Three people on panel. Ask basic questions about yourself. They made sure you were comfortable. Not intimidating at all. Took the most about 30 minutes to interview. I didn't hear back for maybe 2 1/2 month to 3 months and then I received an offer.

Interview Questions
  • - Tell me about yourself - Tell me about a time - How would you handle an irate customer - Attendance? - Team player?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I interviewed at City of Houston (Houston, TX)

Interview

Due to covid it was video conference- first interview with people in that group and other county employees- 2nd one was with the managers a week later, and then an offer the following day

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time where you had to explain a difficult process to an upset person

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City of Houston (Houston, TX) in Oct 2021

Interview

First interview was reviewing my qualification vs was the job description listed. They literally went down the list and asked for my relevant experience for each bullet point. The interviewer didnt really seem to be empowered to make decisions.

Interview Questions
  • How do you handle working within a beurocratic organization?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at City of Houston (Houston, TX) in Oct 2021

Interview

1st interview general questions. How would your past experience relate to position? Problem solving skills and strategies. Interoffice relationships. Give examples for each question. Questioned by group of 3. Seem to want indepth answers. Best to be specific. You won't receive feedback of cues as to their opinion. No down time between questions. Scripted.

Interview Questions
  • Most important quality a customer service employee could display.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 95 Interviews

City of Houston Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at City of Houston as 74.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.65 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Customer Service Representative and Customer Service Representative I rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Administrative Assistant and Administrative Specialist roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at City of Houston takes an average of 46 days when considering 106 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Administrative Assistant had the quickest hiring process (on average 29 days), whereas Financial Analyst IV roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 82 days).

Common stages of the interview process at City of Houston according to 106 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 26.70%