City of Houston Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 78 of over 78 interviews

In Person7%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

City of Houston

Application

I interviewed at City of Houston

Interview

They just provided general questions about the job. At the time I applied, there was another round of interviews that I ended up not taking because I already got an offer.

Interview Questions
  • What can your experience bring to help the city's transit system?
    Answer Question

City of Houston

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Houston in Mar 2021

Interview

I first applied online for this job 02/02/2021. Please keep in mind that this is city government so things move slow. I was contracted for an interview 03/12/2021 and had the interview on 03/17/2021. It was a panel of 3 people and about 45 minutes long. Not a lot of technical questions, just how you handle things and your approach to certain issues. Everyone is very nice.

Interview Questions
  • How do you prioritize tasks?
  • How are your technical writing skills?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at City of Houston (Houston, TX) in Sep 2020

Interview

I applied for the position back in May got the interview via online September 14.... interview went well I answered all questions.... but towards the end I realized the interviewer was not even prepared / or even interested for that matter .....was called out by the interviewer for not having at least college hours in accounting and that she’s pretty sure that’s one of the requirements my reply was I do have college hours in accounting but the requirements did not specify this that all you need was a High school diploma/ GED and at least 1 year in clerical accounting!! She also tried to say she didn’t see were I had 10 years experience in accounts payables in which I replied I was a bookkeeper for 5 of those years.... plus all the other credentials stated ....

Interview Questions
  • All questions pertained to accounts payable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Houston (Houston, TX) in May 2020

Interview

I applied online. 3 weeks later I had my first interview via zoom. I was interviewed by the Supervisor and another person who would be my coworker. 3 weeks later I was called back for a second in-person interview. This time I was interviewed by the same two people plus the Supervisors Supervisor. They asked general STAR questions. I was then asked to take a short assessment that was already set up in the room. Everyone was nice and the process was easy.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when your Supervisor asked you to handle something immediately but you already had several deadlines how did you handle it?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Houston (Houston, TX) in Apr 2020

Interview

Submitted application HR made contact went in for an interview a panel of 4 people told to forward the rest of my certificates and diplomas to HR the interviewers were nice and made me feel at ease

Interview Questions
  • Things pertaining to actual field inspections

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City of Houston (Houston, TX) in Jan 2020

Interview

Great, Interview process was lengthy but worth it. Got the job in the end. I prepped well for the interview which helped a lot and they could tell. The whole interview lasted an hour and 10 minutes, short assessment and 30 minute interview.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

City of Houston

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at City of Houston

Interview

Overall process was very positive. You are interviewed by 2-3 people within the department you are applying for. They grade you based on the answers you provided during the interview. The interview wasn’t too bad itself. It involved both personality and technical questions. They don’t expect you to know the technical question, but they are interested in how you would approach the question.

Interview Questions
  • How do you take criticism and ideas from people who are ranked below you

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at City of Houston (Houston, TX) in Jul 2019

Interview

I was called in for the in-person interview. I prepared, rehearsed and during the interview I did great. Everyone seemed happy and got great feedback even from the Communications Director. She said I think like they do and that I had a great portfolio and pointed out positive things that I did that no one did and in the end said that I was one of the favorite candidates and had a great chance on getting hired. She also mentioned that to contact her if the future paper work from HR doesn't get to me in a day or two and to find the status. Overall very friendly person and the other people in the interviewing team were great too. But then after a two weeks she stopped responding to my email. I understood that I was not getting a chance of getting hired now so I just asked if how I could improve and if she can give any feedback.... again no answer. My problem was not for me getting hired there but for being a reasonable person, a person should be told if you make it to the final round of only 3 applicants (I was told that I was among last top 3 selected candidates and even have a better chance than any other), you should be courteous enough to notify. I do not trust their management and HR.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at City of Houston (Houston, TX) in Apr 2019

Interview

3 Person Panel interview. Total of 7 questions were asked while interviews wrote down my answers. Interviewed on 4/1/2019 and was called on 4/4/2019 for a second panel interview with the management team.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself, what is customer service to you, how do you learn the organization of a company, what is the hardest task in your current job, what applications/software are you familiar with?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Houston (Houston, TX) in Feb 2019

Interview

Had several phone interviews before the face to face interview with a panel. The phone interviews were simple and consisted of 15 minutes of getting to know you and 20-30 minutes with actual interview questions.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 78 Interviews