City of Houston Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at City of Houston

2.6

Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City of Houston (Houston, TX) in January 2020.

Interview

Great, Interview process was lengthy but worth it. Got the job in the end. I prepped well for the interview which helped a lot and they could tell. The whole interview lasted an hour and 10 minutes, short assessment and 30 minute interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job   2 Answers

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at City of Houston.

Interview

Overall process was very positive. You are interviewed by 2-3 people within the department you are applying for. They grade you based on the answers you provided during the interview. The interview wasn’t too bad itself. It involved both personality and technical questions. They don’t expect you to know the technical question, but they are interested in how you would approach the question.

Interview Questions

• How do you take criticism and ideas from people who are ranked below you   Answer Question

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City of Houston (Houston, TX) in July 2019.

Interview

I was called in for the in-person interview. I prepared, rehearsed and during the interview I did great. Everyone seemed happy and got great feedback even from the Communications Director. She said I think like they do and that I had a great portfolio and pointed out positive things that I did that no one did and in the end said that I was one of the favorite candidates and had a great chance on getting hired. She also mentioned that to contact her if the future paper work from HR doesn't get to me in a day or two and to find the status. Overall very friendly person and the other people in the interviewing team were great too. But then after a two weeks she stopped responding to my email. I understood that I was not getting a chance of getting hired now so I just asked if how I could improve and if she can give any feedback.... again no answer.
    My problem was not for me getting hired there but for being a reasonable person, a person should be told if you make it to the final round of only 3 applicants (I was told that I was among last top 3 selected candidates and even have a better chance than any other), you should be courteous enough to notify. I do not trust their management and HR.

Interview Questions

• What is your process of design?   1 Answer

HR Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at City of Houston (Houston, TX) in April 2019.

Interview

3 Person Panel interview. Total of 7 questions were asked while interviews wrote down my answers. Interviewed on 4/1/2019 and was called on 4/4/2019 for a second panel interview with the management team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, what is customer service to you, how do you learn the organization of a company, what is the hardest task in your current job, what applications/software are you familiar with?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City of Houston.

Interview

I came in for my interview with the staff members with whom I would be working with. They discussed the job & duties as well as my experience and knowledge . It was laid back and not too stressful. I was quoted one amount of money I would be hired at but offered a lower amount when they called to offer me the position. Being a new employee who needed the job, I did not say anything as to not make waves.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City of Houston.

Interview

The process was a bit lengthy but worth it overall. I received a job offer which I accepted and am now in a great position with a wonderful municipality.

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City of Houston (Houston, TX) in August 2018.

Interview

It was good process. great questions and very cordial interviewers. I was pleased with the atmosphere. They were very engaging and that puts the candidate in a comfortable position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a perfect fit for this position?   Answer Question

Water Plant Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City of Houston (Houston, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

Interview was a great experience they ask me a bunch of entry level questions. This was my first panel interview the group made me feel comfortable and welcomed its takes time to get a call back..the city do answers applications so if you interested please apply

Community Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City of Houston (Houston, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

Short straight to point it was a group interview. Program manager and two other colleagues. They pretty much talked and smiled trying to see if you had a bad attitude or were going to be a team player.

Microbiologist I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City of Houston.

Interview

Interview process was very warm and friendly. I had 3 people interviewing me. They were calm and friendly. Questions were not very difficult. They had question sheets in their hands and were writing down the answers as I was speaking.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   Answer Question
    • What would you do in difficult situations like out of reagents and all?   Answer Question
    • Strengths and weaknesses? Why are you best candidate? Relationship with supervisor.   Answer Question