City of Houston Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Public Health Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at City of Houston (Houston, TX).

Interview

Submitted the application online through the official websites. Got the digital interview couple days later via email. The interview contained four questions. Basically, you will answer each question facing your computer equipped with camera and microphone. Be sure you are using the appropriate web browser.

Interview Questions

• Besides the behavior question, it asked some simple professional questions.   Answer Question

Division Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City of Houston (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

2 person panel interview, questions didn't really seek to select person best qualified but more the preferred applicant. Questions and answers- open ended questions. Very basic, didn't require much depth. I am more accustomed to higher level interviews at this level. Many of the questions were not situational and didn't require much clarification.

Financial Analyst IV Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at City of Houston in September 2015.

Interview

Typical interview. Two employees sat across from me in a conference room asking me questions from a standard list. Most questions were regarding my background. It was moderately comfortable with some small talk. They did ask me the same questions multiple times, not because they were trying to trip me up, but because the same question was on their list in more than one place and one couldn't remember the answer I had previously provided.

They told me that the next step was for me to take a timed exam to test my skills. I never was contacted about the exam, so I figured they weren't interested.

I didn't hear from them for over a month and was called back for a second interview with a more senior employee.

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at City of Houston.

Interview

I received an email about a month after i applied ....I've been applying for Customer Service positions with the city since 2011 so i was really excited to get a response back.....The interview went well. The interview panel consisted of four people......Standard Customer Service Representative interview questions....Its been about a month since the interview but i haven't heard anything back but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your boss asked you to do something you did not want to do?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City of Houston in January 2014.

Interview

Received call for interview on Monday for a Friday interview. Interviewer explained how their timecards worked and gave me one to complete. The timesheet had errors on there and I was to find errors and correct them.

Management Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City of Houston.

Interview

Applied online and was invited for interview, interview had three young professional panel members and they were very friendly and in my opinion the interview was very easy.

Interview Questions

• what skills and experience i would bring to the job if hired   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Interview

Applied on line. Application status changed from "received application" to "departmental reviewing". It has been 2 months and no updates. I called to follow up and was told cannot speak to hiring manager. I asked if position was still open and lady informed me she did not know. Asked her for advice on what to do. She said we are slow at hiring and just keep checking your status on line. Very frustrating and unprofessional on their part. If one is not qualified then change status to not qualified.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at City of Houston in August 2013.

Interview

Interviewed by C.O.S., Chief of Design and Construction, and Assistant Deputy Director, for a position in the Design and Construction Division with the General Services Department to design upcoming projects for new libraries, police, fire stations, office, and maintenance buildings. Interview process was a formal round table discussion of my background and qualifications for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for the City when your previous experience has been in the private sector?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at City of Houston (Houston, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Manager was late to the interview. She did not seem interested in interviewing me. It was like just part of a process that she had to follow. The job was reposted the day before my interview. My theory is if you are not really interested in hiring me, DONT waste my time. There were several people there on the same day to interview. One person left before me and one was waiting after me. They had no intention off hiring any of us.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected questions....Who would you give the unoccupied office to, a person that already works here and wants the office or the new person coming into the job that normally works in that office?   Answer Question

Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Houston (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

The position I applied for was posted in February and I received a call last week for an interview that was today (3/27/13). It was a panel a three. It wasn't intimidating at all. They talked about the position and questioned me on my skill and why that position. Afterwards, I took a writing test.

If everything goes well, they will call me to speak with the supervisor over the position before they make a hiring decision.

Interview Questions

• how would i handle an angry coworker?   1 Answer