City of Houston Mechanic III Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Mechanic III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City of Houston (Houston, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

The first step was urinary test, interview with hiring supervisor; then I was hired to work for City Of Houston Solid Waste Management. The interview was quick and simple. I also receive document of employment.

Interview Questions

• Where do see in 5 years with the City of Houston   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for City of Houston

Mechanic III Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at City of Houston in February 2009.

Interview

First, do not expect the hiring process to be quick. There is the application screening process, then interviews (1 to 4 depending on the position), then the actual selection process. It can easily take 3 months from application to starting date. Interviews are typically done by a panel, and usually consist of a series of questions that may or may not be relevant to the job. Interviewers seem to like black and white answers and dislike any answer that doesn't defer to policy.

Interview Questions

• "Why are you the best candidate for the job?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is little if any room for salary negotiation below the executive level.