City of Irvine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.4

Park Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Irvine (Irvine, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

long process with multiple interviews. Panel interview, consisting of 4 individuals. Very detail and specific questions about daily duties of position. Multiple interviews and questions. Too many questions. Process from application to interview took over 4 weeks. Pay rate not so great. Very structured environment. Very little flexibility offered to part time employees.

Interview Questions

• How would you change the duties of this position if you had the option?   Answer Question

Community Services Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City of Irvine (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Panel interview with mostly behavioral questions. The interview had 3 individuals on the panel from the park hiring and asked a series of questions. The questions rotated from the 3 individuals and probably lasted about 30 minutes at most. Mostly generic behavioral questions, specific to athletics.

Interview Questions

• One question asked about challenge and how you overcame it in the workplace.   Answer Question

GIS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at City of Irvine (Long Beach, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Panel interview with two members of the GIS department. About 30 minutes. Basic personality questions and some previous experience with related software and projects. It was very relaxed and informal.

Information Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at City of Irvine in January 2015.

Interview

The first thing you have to do is submit an application. Make sure to tailor it to the job as best you can, and use similar lingo or you won't get picked out of the stack of resumes. Then you get to interview with a panel of 2-3 people. Learn the job description well before going in, and think of questions they may ask. I was asked about how I do research, how I dealt with a difficult customer, and how my experience and education make me a great candidate for this position. After the interview, if they like you, you will get another interview.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience and education make you a good candidate for this job?   1 Answer

Senior Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at City of Irvine.

Interview

As with all government jobs, it takes forever to hear back regarding an interview. They set aside one or two days and you have to go to one. After interviewing everyone, they make their choice. To make it fair to everyone, there is a list of pre-approved questions that they can't deviate from.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. They only offered the bottom of the pay scale.

GIS Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at City of Irvine (Irvine, CA).

Interview

On-site Interview: Interviewed by 2 people one is hr for general questions the other is a gis specialist.

Swim Instructor/Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at City of Irvine (Irvine, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Apply online. Answer all questions fully. Tryout, make sure you can make the tryout date and all required trainings. You will be required to swim and preform rescues. Interview. Drug test. Attend all required trainings.

Interview Questions

• They will ask a technical question about either a rescue or how you would deal with a difficult parent or child.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You will get the minimum of the pay scale, but now the pay freeze is over so there are raises.

Community Services Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Irvine (Irvine, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Professional and polite.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Short