City of Jacksonville Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at City of Jacksonville (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward. I was asked about my collegiate career, work experience, and situational questions. I was asked to give examples of when I fulfilled a leadership position or when I had to practice confidentiality in an office setting.

Environmental Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at City of Jacksonville (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Group interview that is standardized and very monotone. No unique questions regarding personal experience but just your basic what would you do in this case.

Interview Questions

• If your boss asks you to do something considered immoral, but not illegal what would you do?   1 Answer

Real Estate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at City of Jacksonville (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2008.

Interview

It took several months for HR to even respond to applications and schedule interviews. I came in for a group skills test and was called back for a group interview. I thought the interview went well although I got the impression it was a "boys' club" type atmosphere and they told me they weren't willing to pay me what I wanted but I explained I was interested in the benefits package and was willing to take a pay cut. I never heard from them again and they do not return calls or emails.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest mistake you ever made?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at City of Jacksonville (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

As the position was for a City Job, there was a lengthy process before I got to the interview. Completing the application online took about an hour due the the questions. I also had to go onsite and take a computerized test. I was selected for an interview, and the interviewers were very good at communicating what they wanted.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about I time I dealt with a conflict in the workplace.   Answer Question

Revenue Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at City of Jacksonville (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

Job posted in February. Tested in March. The test consisted of clerical skills, math, personality test for Customer Service, and listening skills. Interviewed in April. Offered the position two days later. Overall interview and hiring process was done quickly.

Revenue Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at City of Jacksonville (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Took exam on April 2, passed with a score of 89% and received call within a week, had interview and offered a position the next day. The interviewers were late and never apologized. I applied for a position for 27,000 per year, but I got offered 9.80 an hour, because part time was their priority fill first! Salary was non negotiable.

Interview Questions

• Accounting experience and customer experience, What were my long term goals and expectations   1 Answer

Digital Media Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City of Jacksonville (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very simple, and the conversation was laid-back and casual. I spoke with two or three members or the department regarding various tasks and projects I had done in the past that helped qualify me for the position. Overall, it was a good experience. The conversation just flowed, and there were no out of the ordinary questions that I was asked.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that can be beneficial for this position?
      What can you bring to the table that others can't?   Answer Question

Fingerprint Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at City of Jacksonville.

Interview

Step One: Review of app to see if you meet the minimum.
    Step Two: Phone call to schedule an interview, if chosen.
    Step Three: Asked to come in and put your life on paper (residence history, finances, entire employment history, 200+ questionnaire for polygraph), sign W-4, Run your fingerprints through the system, select your polygraph date and time, and drug test.
    Step Four: Take the polygraph.
    Step Five: Background Check (may take up to 30 days)
    Step Six: Offer Accepted or Decline.

Interview Questions

• Questions such as "what would you do in this situation?" "How would you solve the situation if this happened?" "Describe a situation where you had to. . ."   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. You either take the offer or you decline.

Manitenance Worker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City of Jacksonville.

Interview

It was a good interview very stuctured, wanting to know if your a team player, and know about your atitude which is typical in all interviews now a days

Interview Questions

• Their was know difficult questions just a basic interview, with basic questions   Answer Question

Constitutional Office Appointee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at City of Jacksonville (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2011.

Interview

This was an appointed position. Thus, the elected official had the ability appoint at will. The typical process involves a posting to the public. Once an individual applies on the city website, there is a waiting period for an interview (if appropriate for the position).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary set for this position.