City of Kyle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at City of Kyle

Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kyle, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at City of Kyle (Kyle, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within two weeks for an interview. The interview was held at the Kyle Public Library. Before beginning the interview, I was asked to fill out a written response to the question "Why have you chosen to apply for a Library Assistant position?" -- took a few minutes. After completing the written response, I was greeted by the hiring managers. The interview itself was fairly standard. The managers were incredibly nice. If you are bilingual Spanish/English, the library director will ask you to read a small paragraph and answer a question in Spanish. We talked about future plans with the library and how I would fit in. Towards the end, I was given a tour of the library and was introduced to the staff. Overall, very good experience. I was hopeful for the position, but unfortunately received no offer. I contacted HR two weeks after the interview to confirm.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest pet peeve?   Answer Question
    • What has been your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about the use of social media?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about your experience in using technology.   Answer Question
    • If a patron needs help in locating a specific book, how would you help him/her?   Answer Question
    • If there is a disturbance in the library, how would you address it? What would you do?   Answer Question

Ecs Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kyle, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City of Kyle (Kyle, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Application - This is your place to shine. The current process for picking applicants for call-back is highly informal and very much an emotional process. Focus on including your reasons for leaving previous jobs. "Got the job at Burger King" won't cut it. This is a law enforcement related field. We will use all of our available resources to weed out your lies. Those that attach a brief resume generally stand out. Keep it simple.

Initial Call-Back - Nothing to worry about here. If you've been called back, it is to invite you to a 'pre-orientation' with a group of 4 or 5 others. HR will give you a rundown of pay and benefits and allow you to ask job specific questions. A short tour of the communications center will precede a short break, then the skills test. If you're literate and can type more than 35 wpm, you'll do fine. The test covers scenario based questions, maps skills, reading comprehension, data entry, and multitasking.

Interviews - Our policy mandates that we interview based on the scores of the aforementioned test. Sell yourself with real-life examples for each question. Be personable and dress appropriately. There are no secret or tough questions here. Most of the questions are standard across the board. If we're asking additional questions, it is because you failed to give us enough detail the first time around. What really impresses the ladies is looking up the city stats and mentioning anything about the city's potential growth.

The Wait - Our top pick is contacted within two weeks by HR. You're given an employment offer along with your initial hourly wage, conditional upon a successful drug and background check. Do not accept that additional offer. HR is young and our pay rates are flexible. There is wiggle room. You won't be turned away for asking for more money. I'd aim for 5%-7% more than offered. Raises aren't consistent, so get what you can now.

Interview Questions

• It is your standard gauntlet of questions. Be honest. Past mistakes will only hurt you, if you try to cover them up. We don't look to hire those with perfect pasts, just those that can learn from their history.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't accept your initial offer. Ask for 5%-7% more. HR will call you back within a day or two.