City of Kyle Library Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at City of Kyle

Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kyle, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at City of Kyle (Kyle, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within two weeks for an interview. The interview was held at the Kyle Public Library. Before beginning the interview, I was asked to fill out a written response to the question "Why have you chosen to apply for a Library Assistant position?" -- took a few minutes. After completing the written response, I was greeted by the hiring managers. The interview itself was fairly standard. The managers were incredibly nice. If you are bilingual Spanish/English, the library director will ask you to read a small paragraph and answer a question in Spanish. We talked about future plans with the library and how I would fit in. Towards the end, I was given a tour of the library and was introduced to the staff. Overall, very good experience. I was hopeful for the position, but unfortunately received no offer. I contacted HR two weeks after the interview to confirm.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest pet peeve?   Answer Question
  • What has been your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question
  • How do you feel about the use of social media?   1 Answer
  • Tell us about your experience in using technology.   Answer Question
  • If a patron needs help in locating a specific book, how would you help him/her?   Answer Question
  • If there is a disturbance in the library, how would you address it? What would you do?   Answer Question