City of Los Angeles Department of Public Works Civil Engineering Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Civil Engineering Associate

Interviews at City of Los Angeles Department of Public Works

Associate Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City of Los Angeles Department of Public Works in May 2016.

Interview

The interview (exam) had two interviewers that asked pre written questions. A few personality questions and the remainder were technical question (general civil engineering). After the interview you are emailed your score, and based on your score you are put on the eligible list.

Interview Questions

• Can you name the formula and variables needed to solve for discharge for a open channel?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for City of Los Angeles Department of Public Works

Civil Engineering Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City of Los Angeles Department of Public Works.

Interview

I was interviewed by two other engineers. I was asked a mix of questions to demonstrate interpersonal, managerial, and technical skills. The interview lasted about half an hour. The interviewers give the interviewee a score on a scale from 1-100 to rate the interviewee's performance. Afterwards, the interviewee is placed onto a applicant list and receives information about all openings for the classification (Civil Engineering Associate) that he/she applied for.

Interview Questions

• Describe how your education, experience and background have prepared you for the position.   Answer Question

Civil Engineering Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at City of Los Angeles Department of Public Works.

Interview

I had to bring in ID and paperwork, which one guy went over. After that, I was interviewed by two senior engineers. They asked a few questions about background and experience, and then some technical/communication questions.

Interview Questions

• What are the variables needed to solve for open channel flow? What is the name of the formula?   Answer Question
    • What are the above-ground lateral forces on a building?   1 Answer
    • How would you present a project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at City of Los Angeles Department of Public Works (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Typical interview questions with some basic civil engineering technical questions. It's what you'd expect in any interview. First round interview determines how you will be scored. Scoring is out of 100 so to be competitive you should shoot for a 93-95 on your interview.

Interview Questions

• What are the forces acting on a retaining wall?   1 Answer

Civil Engineer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Los Angeles Department of Public Works.

Interview

Applied online, only 500 applications accepted. Received a letter in the mail a couple of weeks later stating interview time and location. Interview was 45 minutes long-15 minute written portion, 30 minute face-to-face.

Interview Questions

• Name three characteristics a successful employee would need to possess   1 Answer