City of Mississauga Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

City of Mississauga Canada Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2017

2.3

Senior Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guelph, ON (Canada)

Interview

Asked lots of questions and even gave homework after the interview but there was no follow up. Very disappointing. The questions asked didn't seem relevant to the opportunity and seemed intended to screen me out as too senior.

Interview Questions

• Asked about experience in municipal law even though this was an IT law position   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Mississauga Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by two managers, questions were long back and forth nerve recking but very friendly. It took 1 month from the date of interview for me to find out if i got the job and it wasn't by email not even a phone call so beware.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at City of Mississauga Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Very technical, lot of situation based question. however, if you suggest then similar situation, they want you to narrate the exact situation that they think you were in. Was a bit awkward. They were also 1/2 late to start time, which I dont appreciate. They repeatedly asked me, do you give presentations, and stressed on the word 'YOU'. Needless to say, given my experience, that should have been obvious, however I politely answered yes.

Customer Experience Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City of Mississauga Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Face-to-face with hiring manager and a peer manager. This was at the MiWay (Mississauga Transit) office.
    There was a written work style assessment test of 5 questions. You need to circle what's your preferred mode of working, reacting, etc. The questionnaire comes from Juice Inc.

Interview Questions

• - Basic behavioral questions
      - Experience with difference research methods
      - Difference between customer experience and customer service
      - Expertise with database tools and report writing, process mapping
      - How to deal with politicized agendas?   Answer Question

Camp Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at City of Mississauga Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a 2 part interview. The first part was them asking some basic skill questions and scenarios of camp situations and how you would handle them. Then their was a technical component where you had to create a game/song/or skit, out of 4 random words with 3 other people.

Interview Questions

I'm not sure about it yet!

Human Resource Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at City of Mississauga Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

Got a scheduled invitation mail before 7 days of Interview.Interview process was good. Behavioral question need to answer with examples based on your experience.

2nd round is written based on payroll calculations.

Transit Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at City of Mississauga Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

First was competency testing followed by job shadowing two months later, one telephone interview, followed by a panel interview, then a second short phone interview to set up the final in person one on one interview. The position was offered two weeks after last interview over the phone

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at City of Mississauga Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was through their website. You hear back from them and are then interviewed on a points base system. For every question, there needs to be an example as well.

Interview Questions

• Do you have cash handling experience?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at City of Mississauga Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

Contracted through Altis the agency where I was asked to do a skills test and submit references. The process was very straightforward and when I got the chance to speak with the manager, they were very forthcoming about the role and what it would entail.

Support Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City of Mississauga Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Received email for interview a month after applications closed. Emailed stated I had to called back HR within a week in order to set up face to face interview. This email also contained interview address, names of interviewers, and instructions on where to wait until mangers arrived. The mangers (two) were 10mins late to the interview. Interview questions were read from a sheet of default company questions. Each manager took turning reading off questions and making notes with little to no eye contact.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the City of Mississauga?   1 Answer
    • I was asked if i lived in the city, which was not one of the questions on the question sheet.   1 Answer
    • I was also asked about situations and how to solved these problems. what would i do if..... how would i handle....   1 Answer