City of New York Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.5

Assistant Corporation Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of New York (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Torts

Pretty basic interview went over resume, writing sample and qualifications. i interviewed in early Sept and still waiting (I know they called all three of my references) so i'm not sure if i didn't get an offer or if they are just slower to give back a response. Was interviewed by two people within the torts division.

Policy Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City of New York (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied for this position online. The application consisted of questions regarding standard info about yourself and then two short essay questions: what is a public issue you care about and what is a focus of this administration that you are drawn to. Got contacted for a phone interview 2 weeks later.Really standard behavioral questions. They offered me the internship on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why this administration? Why this office? Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

City Park Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Queens Village, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at City of New York (Queens Village, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I did on online application. They called me the next day for an interview in queens new york. I came in dress to impress there was only 2 other people there. Did another quick application there its like 5 minutes long or less. Soon as i was done they interviewed me for about 8 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone you was working with wasn't doing their job.   1 Answer

Net Backup Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City of New York (Brooklyn, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview process was long. I applied for the position in February and received an email in April. First round was just to get a basic idea of what you did followed by a technical screening round. In the second round questions were related to job responsibilities were not that difficult to answer but they also asked me questions which are not a part of my job role. I had to reconfirm about the position they were interviewing for. Secondly, they dint even have my resume during the interview. After a while, they informed me that they can find better candidates locally and rejected my application.

Interview Questions

• Netbackup process flow
      Netbackup error codes
      Deduplication vs Duplication
      Replication vs Duplication
      Can VADP duplicated?
      error log check for status code 14
      Significance of /proc file system
      Importance of routing table and gateway.
      Answer Question

Borough Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City of New York (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied for position online and was called to set up a time for a phone interview with Director. Call took approximately 15 minutes. After a few weeks of waiting, I received an email stating that the position was offered to another candidate and thank you for applying.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself.   1 Answer
    • What are my future goals.   1 Answer

Senior Policy Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City of New York (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through online portal at the Mayor's office of Sustainability. Was asked to come on for first interview. I was interviewed by Chief of staff and another person. They had a fixed set of questions that were related to job description followed by a 15 minutes written test.

Urban Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at City of New York (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

It was very informal. We mainly discuss about my portfolio and previous experiences. They asked me about previous experience with community outreach, about experience dealing with developpers and private application. Also, why i wanted to work for DCP? And city of New York? Why tge public sector?

Digital Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City of New York (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a panel interview with 4 people for the DEP. They had a form with a bunch of questions and just filled it out. I don't think they read my resume beforehand because they asked if I had a blog/website which I listed at the top of my resume and in my cover letter. I was also called in 10-20 mins after my scheduled time. Most questions were pretty standard. They didn't seem to understand the job I was applying for, like they were unfamiliar with certain programs I'd use. What a bunch of stiffs.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever work with someone difficult? And how did you deal with that?
      How would you handle a difficult situation?
      How do figure out which social media platform is most effective? (Or something to that degree)
      Answer Question

Procurement Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at City of New York in January 2016.

Interview

Took over 5 months to hear back after submitting online application. Called on Friday and interviewed on Mon. Heard back the following Tuesday and interviewed on Thursday. Friendly staff. Interview was quick.

Interview Questions

• Explain the process of a request for proposal from start to finish.   Answer Question

Salary offer was lower than my current position.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City of New York (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Resume review. Questions about my previous jobs. Life Goals. Why I wanted to work there. What skills did I have. What weaknesses did I have. What did I study in school.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer