KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Is this your company?

Add an Interview

City of New York Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 91 of over 91 interviews

In Person7%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

City of New York

Application

I interviewed at City of New York

Interview

I was contacted by an interviewing manager to arrange the interview through a call at a specific time. They went through my resume, asked me various questions, and tested my knowledge.

Interview Questions
  • What specifically interested you to apply for this position?
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

City of New York

Application

I interviewed at City of New York

Interview

Multi-level / Consisted of interviews with different agency and department representatives. They asked questions about prior and current work experience. Provided an overall review of the agency and the work that would need to be preformed.

Interview Questions
  • They asked about current trends in society and how I would incorporate this into my work.

City of New York

Application

I interviewed at City of New York

Interview

truly such an amazing experience I am so grateful to be apart of such an astoundingly supportive and innovative company such as New York it’s just overall an amazing experience

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

City of New York

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of New York in Jan 2022

Interview

they were very friend and they smile with you, they started by telling about what they do at their industries. and all introduced themselves. they were concern about even my commute to the site told me about the working hours

Interview Questions
  • WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF IN THE NEXT FIVE YRS? TELL US about yourself ?

City of New York

Application

I interviewed at City of New York

Interview

This was a brief zoom interview asking basic questions about education and work background. Two interviewers from the department, and the entire interview lasted approximately 45 minutes. They set aside the last 15 minutes of the interview for logistical questions about the position and department.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time you had to perform under pressure at a previous work position.

City of New York

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of New York

Interview

Excellent and prompt. Asks questions about ability to do PCR, pippetting, and basic lab skills. Also asks about laboratory experiences and any previous experience regarding public health or medical setting.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

City of New York

Application

I interviewed at City of New York

Interview

The interview process was easy with a couple of behavioral questions. The interview was with 3 people and the questions were informal and easy. Replied back in about two weeks with an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself? What do you know about government accounting?
1 person found this interview helpful

City of New York

Application

I interviewed at City of New York

Interview

Standard interview questions and process. Don’t panic if it takes a while to hear back. Typical questions such as why this agency, why this type of work, what is your background knowledge, what are your strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aponi-vi, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at City of New York (Aponi-vi, AZ) in May 2021

Interview

Interviewed via videoconference by two managers with different experiences and longevity with the City of NY. PMO read his interview questions from his computer and all related to project methodology and management.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of New York (New York, NY)

Interview

the process was fairly simple, you go on the website and apply based on the job number. After that you submit your resume and fill out the application. The city will then reach out.

Interview Questions
  • What are some of your strengths?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 91 Interviews

City of New York Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at City of New York as 55.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.74 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Administrative Staff Analyst and Analyst rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Internship and Intern roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at City of New York takes an average of 38 days when considering 96 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for TV Equipement Operator had the quickest hiring process (on average 20 days), whereas Administrative Staff Analyst roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 90 days).

Common stages of the interview process at City of New York according to 96 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 22.70%