City of New York Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 78 of over 78 interviews

In Person8%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

City of New York

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of New York

Interview

the process was fairly simple, you go on the website and apply based on the job number. After that you submit your resume and fill out the application. The city will then reach out.

Interview Questions
  • What are some of your strengths?
    1 Answer

City of New York

Application

I interviewed at City of New York

Interview

It was a very uncomfortable interview since the interviewer didn't even turn on her camera and asked me questions through the chat instead. I answered the questions and she even gave me a scenario that she didn't explain clearly so I didn't understand what to do.

Interview Questions
  • Please answer the following scenario in the form of a call center spokesperson.

City of New York

Application

I interviewed at City of New York

Interview

The interview process is a multi-stage process for hiring new employees. The interview process typically includes the following steps: writing a job description, posting a job, scheduling interviews, conducting preliminary interviews, conducting in-person interviews, following up with candidates and making a hire.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

City of New York

Application

I interviewed at City of New York

Interview

Group phone interview where the hiring manager was rude, condescending, and awkward and the other two in the interview said nothing. I asked what the biggest challenge of this role would be and he replied "working with me"

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

City of New York

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of New York

Interview

All over the phone. Only one interview. Questions were general interview questions(strengths, weaknesses). I asked about why I wanted to work there and my past experience. The process took about a month. HR took much longer.

Interview Questions
7 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of New York (New York, NY) in Jul 2019

Interview

Poor antiquated interviewing process. Underwhelming questions asked that did not address the need of the organization based on business’s culture No prior screening and length of time between 1st and 2nd interview were determined on third party availability.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at City of New York (New York, NY) in Mar 2019

Interview

There are three parts: two individual and one group. The group one you work together to create a presentation on a topic and present to the committee who is sitting in front of you.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City of New York (New York, NY) in Oct 2018

Interview

it was in a room with 2 dob personell some basic questions some harder questions a little nerve racking if you don't know your stuff do research and make sure you have degrees or extensive industrial construction experience

Interview Questions
  • blueprints some distinctive situations building questions

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City of New York (New York, NY) in Oct 2018

Interview

30 minute interview with director of Human Resources very sweet, more of an exchange of energy than formal interview process. If you go in comfortable with confidence you should be fine.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

City of New York

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at City of New York in Aug 2018

Interview

I sat for two interviews for NYCHA and submitted three writing samples with reference checks. Overall the process took three months with periods of no communication. I will say my interviews both were pleasant; however, I wasn’t offered the position.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 78 Interviews