City of New York Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at City of New York

2.6

Community Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at City of New York (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

Invited for in person interview, first round. Interviewed at Agency office, final round. Extended job offer, but 3 months until I got a start date. Between the paperwork, finger prints, etc. - Its a long process.

Interview Questions

• what interested you in the position   1 Answer

Construction Estimator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at City of New York (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Send my Resume and called me for interview. I appeared in front of 3 people for interview. They asked me about my experiences and some construction related questions. After that next day I got a phone call and gave me an offer. I said I will get back to them, and next day I called back with my acceptance.

Interview Questions

• Describe about my work experience?   1 Answer
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Construction Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City of New York (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

it was in a room with 2 dob personell some basic questions some harder questions a little nerve racking if you don't know your stuff do research and make sure you have degrees or extensive industrial construction experience

Interview Questions

• blueprints some distinctive situations building questions   1 Answer

Construction Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at City of New York (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Asked a set of predetermined questions. The interviewers are your future supervisors. I was interviewed by two supervisors, and a HR employee. Generally the people who work for the DEP are very friendly so it's easy to know when they like you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with someone difficult   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at City of New York.

Interview

Quick interview but confusion as to who the actual contact was supposed to be. Kept waiting for 30 minutes. Four people were in the interview, all participants asked very basic routine questions regarding prior experiences.

Interview Questions

Application

I interviewed at City of New York in December 2012.

Interview

Took a civil service exam and received a letter of elgible appointment. Went to HQ, filled out massive paperwork and went through the background check/investigation. After I gather some extra paperwork, I received a phone call stating to report to HQ. Trained at the PA, passed my courses and received my assignment. Very informal (no interviews) but formal in sense that was had to be in business attire when going to HQ. Interesting process.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to work atypical shift such as 4 to 12 or midnight tour?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation since its civil service. Either you take it or leave it.

Policy Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City of New York (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied for this position online. The application consisted of questions regarding standard info about yourself and then two short essay questions: what is a public issue you care about and what is a focus of this administration that you are drawn to. Got contacted for a phone interview 2 weeks later.Really standard behavioral questions. They offered me the internship on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why this administration? Why this office? Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Associate Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at City of New York (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview begins with series of question to all candidates. More on technical, basic math and IQ testing. The set questions are not best fit for all candidates. Interview panel does this to overcome the EEO issue. Interviewers mind is set for selection before the interview.

Interview Questions

• Effective outcome of a project is based on volume or based on multiple tasks.   Answer Question

City Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City of New York (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I sent my resume through the New York City Jobs online portal. I then received notice for an initial phone interview two weeks later. This took around half an hour and was mainly about my experiences on my resume and interest in the opening. I was then able to get a second in-person interview three weeks after. This included an evaluation of a site plan. It took two more weeks for them to inform me of their decision.

College Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City of New York (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I went into the main office and I was interviewed by two upper level supervisors. They asked me what I knew about the position, why I wanted the position, and how I would contribute to their daily operations.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I was decent with numbers because it was a clerical position.   1 Answer