City of Ottawa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

City of Ottawa Interview Questions

Interviews at City of Ottawa

2.6

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at City of Ottawa (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Give you 5 minutes to read 3 questions and then you had to answer those questions in 15 min. You were allowed to take notes and but would have to leave them after. Thought I nailed it but I didn't.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at City of Ottawa.

Interview

Long winded. Waited about 4 months total from application to hire. Panel interviews are awkward; zero give and take. Could have just performed a written test since they don't even make eye contact with you or give feedback on questions.

Interview Questions

• You're the first crew on scene to a water main break. What are your steps to approaching and handling the scene.   Answer Question

Headguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I interviewed at City of Ottawa (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2019.

Interview

Sit down in a closed room and asked questions. It was a formal interview where they assessed my qualification for the job. Many questions were asked and answered. It was not too hard or stressful, the interviewers were very nice and encouraging. Good interview environment.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at City of Ottawa.

Interview

In person interview. Asked about some basic technical questions as such was is city's right of way. They asked questions related to city's infrastructure and properties first, and then introduce what they do and what will be your daily tasks. It will be an average interview if you prepared yourself.

Interview Questions

• What public infrastructures consider as city's properties?   Answer Question

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Ottawa.

Interview

- attend city-wide skills check off (there are six items, as listed on the City of Ottawa website)
    - meet with specific pools for interview (you can call them, but they may call you if desperate)

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to [PR situation, first aid situation, coworker situation]?   Answer Question

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Ottawa (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

It went well, they were kind and open to questions for clarification. They had questions lined out, point rated basis based on my answer. The office is located in Nepean. Interview was on top floor of the building.

Councillor's Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City of Ottawa (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I was selected through my university coop program. I met with the office manager and then advanced to an interview with the councillor a week later. They were both very friendly and informative. The questions were good, but it is important to research the ward and committees beforehand. I was asked at the end of the interview to look into something specific about the coop process, so expect that and make sure to have a good response email.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict and criticism from constituents?
      Tell me about yourself
      Have you handled social media, constituent cases, phone calls   Answer Question

Co-Op Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at City of Ottawa in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was conducted over the phone, with two representatives from the department on the line. Both individuals were good-natured and enjoyable to talk to. Six questions were asked, two of which were technical planning questions and the remainder personality based.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe what a minor variance is, and how they are used?   Answer Question

Program Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Ottawa.

Interview

The process was exhilarating but not too short. There are a lot of certifications and online courses that have to be completed but you dont need them prior to the interview

Interview Questions

• What programs/activities would you lead out for the kids   Answer Question

Program Leader Interview

Interview

Sit with you and ask you why you want to work there. They asked why I liked kids and why I wanted to work with them, what my favorite kid-related memory was.