City of Ottawa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.7

Councillor's Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City of Ottawa (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I was selected through my university coop program. I met with the office manager and then advanced to an interview with the councillor a week later. They were both very friendly and informative. The questions were good, but it is important to research the ward and committees beforehand. I was asked at the end of the interview to look into something specific about the coop process, so expect that and make sure to have a good response email.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict and criticism from constituents?
      Tell me about yourself
      Have you handled social media, constituent cases, phone calls

Co-Op Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at City of Ottawa in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was conducted over the phone, with two representatives from the department on the line. Both individuals were good-natured and enjoyable to talk to. Six questions were asked, two of which were technical planning questions and the remainder personality based.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe what a minor variance is, and how they are used?   Answer Question

Program Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Ottawa.

Interview

The process was exhilarating but not too short. There are a lot of certifications and online courses that have to be completed but you dont need them prior to the interview

Interview Questions

• What programs/activities would you lead out for the kids   Answer Question

Program Leader Interview

Interview

Sit with you and ask you why you want to work there. They asked why I liked kids and why I wanted to work with them, what my favorite kid-related memory was.

Program Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at City of Ottawa.

Interview

You get a call to schedule your interview. In person interview. There were 2 people for this interview They asked me various questions on what i thought it took to work with children, do I have any experience working with children.

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at City of Ottawa (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Wet screening: bricks, head up, pia, spinal, submerged, 3 F.A incidents - arterial bleed on fore arm, infant choking to non breathing, and another

dry interview - *some pools* asked some qs in french
    - experience
    - situational questions
    - how to deal with patrons/members
    - availability

Interview Questions

• - what would you do if a parent said their child was too good for x level   1 Answer

Camp Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at City of Ottawa (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview in person with two interviewers to ensure impartiality. Vert casual. This was followed by a written portion to be turned in in about 2 days. This was submitted by midnight on Saturday. Within the following week an offer was received via internal e-mail system.

Interview Questions

• I have been asked to reduce spending on materials. How do I save money on supplies?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at City of Ottawa.

Interview

I applied online and received a letter with instructions for where to go to attend a city wide skills screening (hundreds of people). The screening was for skills tested for in the NLS exam. After that, I received a phone call to attend a site specific skills screening (20 or so people) for the pool that where I would potentially work if I were to be hired. Within a week I received a phone call to set up an interview. The interview was with a panel of 3 people.

Interview Questions

• You are guarding the dive tank. There is a person climbing back down the 3m diving board. There is a toddler in a PFD alone, sitting at the edge of the dive tank. A swimmer has just approached you to ask about the pool hours. What do you do?   Answer Question

Human Resources Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City of Ottawa (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

called in for a written test, followed by an interview comprised of 8 questions, formal setting. given some time to write down answers. Questions were related to technical knowledge in hr, as well as situational questions.

Interview Questions

• behavioral questions
      technical knowledge
      dealing with difficult client
      encouraging change
      example of promoting change

Software Developer Interview

Interview

It's a on campus mock interview. And there are two interviewers. last around 30 minutes.
    They asked question one by one. Totally there are 7 behavior questions.
    After the interview, they give you a feedback about your performance.

Attention, this is just a mock interview. As I'm a student who is looking for co-op right now.

Interview Questions

• just simple behavior questions?
      What would you do if your boss give you too much work?