City of Philadelphia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.5

Management Trainee ( Finance and Budget) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

Was a Oral Examination not an interview. Was given 30 min to review and write notes to answers 3 exercises. Exercises had a A B and C questions/ parts. After that you are given 30 minutes to present your answers to 3 reviewers.

Interview Questions

• Based on data given, What percentage of ____is ____?   Answer Question
    • Describe in detail the steps you would take in determining which and how much funding each department gets.   Answer Question
    • How would you present this information to your supervisor ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at City of Philadelphia.

Interview

You take a tour of the Radio Room and talk about what you will be doing for the job. The interviewer will get to know you during a normal conversation and question anything that may show up on your records.

Clerk Typist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at City of Philadelphia (Phila, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Scheduled interview with supervisor and management for an exam i took last year. Generally, the process takes months for new hires, but you must pass the exam to be considered for the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

There were three parts to the interview: presenting a project I had worked on before, leading a group conversation, and general questions. Six people were there for the group conversation, and everyone was nice and friendly. It was a serious interview, but it didn't feel high pressure with the people I met.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

Had worked for the city previously, when I heard about this job opening I applied online, got a call for a phone interview, was brought in for an in person interview and my offer letter was sent the next day

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for The City?   1 Answer

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City of Philadelphia (Phila, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

1. Apply to position
    2. If you meet position requirements, you are invited to take test to be placed on list for that position.
    3. List is for all departments to use to fill similar positions
    4. Receive call or email to schedule interview, if name reached on the list
    5. Receive email & snail mail notifying you have been appointed
    6. Report for appointment & sign appointment contract

Interview Questions

• What was one time you helped create a process in your last position?   Answer Question
    • Are you able to learn new programs?   1 Answer
    • How would you feel working with a team vs. alone?   1 Answer
    • They asked about familiarity with important accounting principles & laws.   Answer Question
    • They described job duties (pros & cons) then asked about my ability to complete the tasks.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can refer to the pay scale chart per your union & negotiate using that instrument during the interview. After receiving notification that you were chosen, the salary cannot be negotiated.

Engineering Aide I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at City of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

applied online through phila hr website. scheduled to take the exam. took the test. got the test results in the mail. called for interview one year later based on test ranking. met with the hr and immediate supervisor. hr described the benefits and interview process. supervisor asked some questions related to work, job experience and future goals. very easy interview. No ugly situational questions. accepted job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Real Property Evaluator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at City of Philadelphia (Phila, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

Panel interview with several members of he and management. Brief questions about yourself. Then they asked several questions about real estate, nothing too hard. If you passed the test for the interview you should have little trouble. Difference between appraiser and evaluator. And see another question below. Pretty friendly during the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. It's a union job.

Communication Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview was conducted on a Friday afternoon with three staff members. Their willingness to make time to meet with me at that time was commendable, and a clear sign of their commitment to the department's growth. The interview felt a bit informal, but all the general interview questions were asked, including what you would bring to the department.

Interview Questions

• What strategy would you bring to out communications platform?   Answer Question

4th District Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at City of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

45 minute process. Very casual which made it enjoyable/easy. Came in and spent the first 10 min talking about Philly sports. Then proceeded through my background and previous experience. Following that, asked me questions about the office's work and what I could contribute. Another employee came in making it more of a panel interview Followed up with what I thought of Philadelphia.

Interview Questions

• What's good about Philadelphia and what is bad?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No pay for internship so no pay negotiation.