City of Phoenix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at City of Phoenix

2.9

Sort:

Police Officer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at City of Phoenix.

Interview

Very long and filters out the wrong applicants.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at City of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

1st interview is general and an overview of qualifications for the job as described in the application. 2nd interview is specific to the position that is actually open. A phone call means you moved on, an email is generally bad.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2015.

Interview

Very few details concerning pay, hours, transportation, or interview requirements are given prior to interview. Absolutely no flexibility for date or time of interview. Had to pay for parking in order to be interviewed, they did not validate parking. Interviewed by about 5 people at the same time, seems to be an extraneous amount of employees/other interns that really don't need to be there or ask questions that 1 or 2 people could ask.
    Pay is not specified in the application or interview, only described as a "modest stipend" that is paid at the end of the internship.
    Students must provide their own transportation.
    Internship expects 30+ hours a week and must be available some(unspecified) nights and weekends, essentially ruling out the possibility for a second (paying) job.
    They ask if you "need this job to sustain yourself."
    Interviewee is required to write a business letter during interview, not specified prior to interview.
    Interns in general seemed unhappy.
    Essentially the position and interview cater to students who's education and living expenses are paid for by their parents. Discriminates against students who do not have the wealth to pay for housing, food, transportation, and tuition without a paying job.

Interview Questions

• What do you think sets you apart from other candidates?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2009.

Interview

Basic safety scenarios and policies. Then math questions based on money. The next part was basically to ask about our background to determine whether we were a good fit. Because it was a summer job you get your second interview right away. same basic format but more indepth.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a man walk into the girls bathroom after some girls just went in?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non existent i wanted the job and it was my first chance to make money

Administration Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City of Phoenix.

Interview

The interview process included a Panel Interview with multiple people of which those on the panel had not reviewed my resume or had any knowledge of my experience and qualifications and kept their heads down during the entire interview and never made any eye contact. Along with the lengthy application you had to complete online, you then had to answer written questions and submit before an in person interview. The actual in person interview date and time was assigned via email, with no exceptions and no accommodating people with work schedules.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Phoenix in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was comprised of fairly straightforward questions that were not too complex. I used the standard STAR technique to respond and it went fairly well. There were no tips or tricks during the interview and they definitely focused on individual accomplishments.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when provided a presentation or briefing and it did not go well.   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Interview

Phone screen first, followed by a panel interview in person. Friendly, relaxed process trying to determine your fit. Interview is structured to be identical across all candidates as expected. Fast turnaround time.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Applied online and was invited through email. Not much information was given through email other than date, time and location, Short interview, It was about 30 minutes long and only about 9 questions. I felt the interview went well but was I wrong, Not offered for a 2nd interview even though I met the qualifications for the job, I was on-time, professional, confident but not overly confident and felt I answered all questions properly. Basically, no surprises from what I resume stated so (A) not sure why I was invited for an interview if they weren't going to offer a 2nd. I did nothing wrong in my opinion. Total waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Several questions had 2 parts. If I had known that I would have written the questions down but I wasn't expecting that and I thought it was a little unfair to ask 2 part questions knowing the interviewee would be nervous. After answering 1 part of the question, I asked to repeat the question so I can answer the 2nd part. When I asked to repeat the question, one of the interviewers made a note. Forgive me for being nervous and trying to give detailed answers but I guess she wanted to make a note of it.   1 Answer

Library Page Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2014.

Interview

After applying online if you meet the qualifications they are looking for then you end up on a list. Someone from management calls you to arrange an interview. When they conduct interviews numerous applicants are seen in one day. You are given a time slot and a packet containing the specifics of the job you are applying for. An interview panel of four people ask you a series of eight questions and listen and take notes on you answers. Then they ask you if you have any questions. Then the interview process is over.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe a negative customer experience and how I dealt with it.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2008.

Interview

Two panel interviews over a three week process. Once position was accepted there was a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Describe your knowlege, skills, and abilities and rate them as they relate to this position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.