City of Phoenix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 9, 2017

3.1

Manager IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City of Phoenix (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Required a 30 minute written exercise on my management strategies. Followed by a 30 minute panel interview. Normal management and experience questions. It was friendly and thorough. Nothing unexpected arose. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City of Phoenix.

Interview

Resume's are worthless as the interview panel doesn't even look at it. Date and time for interview were scheduled via e-mail only. Interview was approximately 20 minutes and they did not want to go a minute over, even though they were over 15 minutes late to interview me. Questions were simple enough, but they want to rush you to fit into the 20 minute allotted time. The worst part was having to pay for parking. They do validate parking but only provide a 40-50% discount off the regular price.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deliver difficult news to a customer? If so, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

Complicated, lots of unnecessary drama. They assume you know everything and how to get there. At 200 West Washington, I pulled up, parked and a homeless guy came begging for beer money. I took a pic of him with my phone. Too bad I can't post it here. That's my first impression of the City of Phoenix.

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a panel interview that consisted of 2 people, not really knowledgeable in IT. The interview lasted about 15 minutes. Prior to the interview completed additional information for company data collection. People were extremely friendly and very professional. A good company to work for, must improve it's recruiting ability

Interview Questions

• Questions concerning my current background; my experience relating to Data Administration. Long and short term plans. My ability to manage projects and people. Experience with Oracle and other Database systems,   Answer Question

Administration Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City of Phoenix.

Interview

The interview process included a Panel Interview with multiple people of which those on the panel had not reviewed my resume or had any knowledge of my experience and qualifications and kept their heads down during the entire interview and never made any eye contact. Along with the lengthy application you had to complete online, you then had to answer written questions and submit before an in person interview. The actual in person interview date and time was assigned via email, with no exceptions and no accommodating people with work schedules.

Property Acq Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at City of Phoenix.

Interview

Application on-line with later group interview. Lasted exactly the time they mentioned, 20 minutes. At the end, one seemed perturbed and impatient when I kept asking questions. I rated this a negative experience because they never let me know the results of the interview, which is a basic thing companies do. You may not get a response after you apply for a company, but you ALWAYS should get a response after an actual interview, I had to write in to the HR contact to see what the status was. Letting people who have interviewed know what happened is basic courtesy, and let's them know you are professional.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2015.

Interview

Very few details concerning pay, hours, transportation, or interview requirements are given prior to interview. Absolutely no flexibility for date or time of interview. Had to pay for parking in order to be interviewed, they did not validate parking. Interviewed by about 5 people at the same time, seems to be an extraneous amount of employees/other interns that really don't need to be there or ask questions that 1 or 2 people could ask.
    Pay is not specified in the application or interview, only described as a "modest stipend" that is paid at the end of the internship.
    Students must provide their own transportation.
    Internship expects 30+ hours a week and must be available some(unspecified) nights and weekends, essentially ruling out the possibility for a second (paying) job.
    They ask if you "need this job to sustain yourself."
    Interviewee is required to write a business letter during interview, not specified prior to interview.
    Interns in general seemed unhappy.
    Essentially the position and interview cater to students who's education and living expenses are paid for by their parents. Discriminates against students who do not have the wealth to pay for housing, food, transportation, and tuition without a paying job.

Interview Questions

• What do you think sets you apart from other candidates?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at City of Phoenix.

Interview

The interview was structured questions asking about certain accomplishments or how I would begin my role in the new position, but it did not take long. We took a break for lunch, which was awkward as the interviewers tried being casual and not talk about the job until after lunch again. They were not very versatile with their behavior going from interview to lunch and then to tour.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at City of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

1st interview is general and an overview of qualifications for the job as described in the application. 2nd interview is specific to the position that is actually open. A phone call means you moved on, an email is generally bad.

Housing Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at City of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a panel interview with round robin questions. Each interviewer was polite and allowed time to interact with the candidate. The process was organized and structured. Each panel participant asked approximately 2 questions and took notes throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you completed in the past and how this contributed to the overall success of your department or organization.   Answer Question