City of Portsmouth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

City of Portsmouth Interview Questions

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at City of Portsmouth

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Portsmouth.

Interview

Panel interview with three interviewers. Asked basic interview questions as well as some specific questions related to past work experience, office experience and scenarios about what you would do in different situations. Entire interview was about 30 minutes. Interview started asking if there were any questions about the position and ended asking if there were any questions as well.

Museum Services Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at City of Portsmouth.

Interview

The interviewers were LATE. Obnoxiously late without explanation. Read from a sheet and wanted someone black to work for their black museum despite qualifications or achievements. Completely unprofessional. I was not impressed.

The application process is laughable. You have to turn in a paper application. You would think the City of Portsmouth would get with the times and have an online system for applications.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at City of Portsmouth (Portsmouth, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

Panel interview with pre-set questions. Usually panel interview include at least 3 people, this one only had the department director an one other person not in the same department.The second interview was one-on-one with the Assistant Director.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with self-insured health plans?   1 Answer

Appraiser I Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City of Portsmouth in July 2013.

Interview

they like you or they dont good ole boy system......do not have online application submission system so a lot of people just apply increasing chances for a job most of the people here all know each other for many many years and very rarely bring in outsiders

Negotiation

Camp Counselor Interview

Interview

Application process is rather stream-lined, and mostly done online.