City of Richmond Virginia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.7

Communications Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Richmond Virginia (Richmond, VA).

Interview

It lasted half of the day so bring a snack or food to eat between testing and final interviews. There is a preliminary interview, a few different skills tests, a personality test, as well as a final panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Systems Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City of Richmond Virginia (Richmond, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

Panel interview which included the hiring manager, an HR staff member and another manager. Each person took turns asking questions from a sheet of paper and each interviewer took notes while I answered the questions. To be fair each candidate was asked the same exact set of questions and given a copy of the questions to be presented to them during the interview process. For confidentially reasons, I was not allowed to keep a copy of the interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions, more soft skills and situational type questions than technical interview questions. i.e. How do you handle a situation where x, y, z happens?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at City of Richmond Virginia (Richmond, VA) in August 2012.

Interview

Online application and assessment. Phone interview.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any unexpected or difficult questions.   1 Answer

Salary offer too low to relocate.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at City of Richmond Virginia (Richmond, VA) in January 2008.

Interview

applied online online, got a call after 3 months, got hired 6 month later, long waiting time.

Negotiation

nogotiable

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City of Richmond Virginia in June 2010.

Interview

Applied through the city's job line. Called for an interview after about 4 weeks. Had panel interview with the hiring authority,and 2 additional managers. There were about 15 questions. Situational about office practice, handling difficult people, budget, general accounting, and microsoft office ususage.

Interview Questions

• If you had five things to get done and all were enoughly important, how would you decide what to finish first.   1 Answer
    • why do you think you are the best candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Somewhat negogiated salary, was not a lot of room for flexiablity, salary for position had already been approved by council.

Engineer III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City of Richmond Virginia in February 2009.

Interview

You are called to schedule an interview, you show up (early to get a parking space nearby), you go before a panel of 3 or more who each take turns asking questions. The panel writes down notes while you speak and reviews your answers after you leave. The panel discusses each candidate and applies scores to each question. Each panel member's total scores are averaged and the selected candidate is called for second interview in my case. Days after the second interview the staff supervising the position calls you with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Detailed question on your approach to designing a road   1 Answer
    • Experience with managing personnel   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate. You are paid in line with others in that position.