City of Roanoke Interview Questions | Glassdoor

City of Roanoke Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at City of Roanoke

Deputy Sheriff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at City of Roanoke (Roanoke, VA).

Interview

Pretty Standard interview for law enforcement position. It is a long process of doing background checks, polygraph, psych test, neighbor check, home visit. After everything is completed then there is an interview with the sheriff, who asks you questions. They already know your background at this point, and want to gauge you as a person. My advice is to be honest and consistent with your answers, they already know your background, and if they don't, they will find out.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What do you know about our agency?
      Are you being truthful?
      Anything else I need to know?   Answer Question

Circuit Court Assistant Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City of Roanoke (Roanoke, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Multiple In-person interviews with the Clerk of Court and another employee. The atmosphere was very uncomfortable as we were in a very large conference room in the law library. The two interviewers sat at one end of a twelve foot table, while I was at the other end. The questions weren't all that difficult; for example, "Where do you see yourself in five years?", "Tell us your greatest strength and weakness". However, the clerk did ask me about my support system, which I found disturbing as a mother. She said that she wanted to ensure that someone else could take care of my children if they were sick. It gave me the impression that mothers of young children were not welcome. They called me in for a second interview, but I withdrew my application due to the feeling I got from the Clerk, who would have been my boss.

Interview Questions

• "Tell us your greatest strength and weakness?", "Where do you see yourself in five years?", "Why should we hire you?", "How is your support system?",   Answer Question