City of Rochester Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at City of Rochester

Lifeguard Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City of Rochester (Rochester, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was professional and informative, we were lined up one by one and interviewed, after we submitted all of our paper work and ID's, Talked one on one with the representative, told us about interests, abilities, social experiences, and then we talked about certifications, based on CPR, AED, and first aid, then we talked about water test, swimming, lifeguard skills, classes, proper attitude toward the job.

Interview Questions

• What site would you like to work at?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City of Rochester (Rochester, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was incredibly simple. It was with the core IT team that I was going to be working with, and they mostly asked personality questions. Very little technical knowledge required. Don't worry if you don't really know what you're doing, because most of the full-time employees don't know what they're doing either!

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with computers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiation. This was an internship, after all.

Senior GIS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City of Rochester (Rochester, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

It is a three-hours interview. It includes behavior questions, computer practice,and writing essay. Each part last like one hours. Computer practice is quite easy include three to four tasks to complete. Essay is about your previous experience relates to the position

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I interviewed at City of Rochester (Rochester, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

-Straight forward interview process.
    -Mainly wanted to see what skills you can offer and how you can contribute to on-going projects
    -Very briefly went over resume, then straight into the projects I was expected to work on
    -Was asked what my thoughts were on the things I would do to complete the project

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City of Rochester (Rochester, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Simple, straightforward interview. No behavioral or situational questions. Very basic with little to no preparation.