City of Sacramento Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.5

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at City of Sacramento (Sacramento, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

3 person panel interview, and i went in a little nervous but ive gotta say they were very easy to elaborate on all subjects with, they did not make me feel uncomfortable or nervous and juest made the process flow smoothly. I feel i have a great shot at the position.

Interview Questions

• Would i report an accident at work and what would my process be.   1 Answer

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City of Sacramento (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

The interview process was easy. I had two people who interviewed me. But they were very kind and smiled the whole time, so I wasn't as nervous. I started off as a volunteer then I was offered a limited term opportunity. Take any opportunity you can because you never know where else it may take you.

Interview Questions

• Then they ask why I applied to volunteer.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at City of Sacramento (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

It was really laid back. Asked many questions regarding management of people, and conflict resolution. It seemed they wanted to know what kind of person you were to assign you to the proper facility, based on how well you cope with customers, employees in different settings. The main thing about the interview, I felt like was how well your projection was. This is because the supervisors know that you will be in contact with a lot of patrons and customers throughout the day. The more direct and having a command you were, I think the better. They also look for strong leadership traits, because managing also means dealing with a number of workers, and you have to earn respect and show them that you have potential.

Interview Questions

• If there was one place in the world you would visit, where would it be?   Answer Question

Human Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City of Sacramento (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

panel--two adults and one teen. Completed application on line; called in for an interview, had an interview and offered one of three jobs available at that time; office manager, Landscape and Lighting Coordinator for Summer Youth Programs; Human Services Coordinator for Workability Program.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation in disciplining a staff member in a group setting.   1 Answer

Negotiation

phone call with an offer; there was no negotiation.

Duty Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at City of Sacramento (Sacramento, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who currently had the position. I submitted my resume via e-mail and was scheduled for an e-mail via e-mail. I met with the 3 main managers who asked me questions evenly between them. The interview was really easy. Basically they were stoked I had a college degree and had lived abroad. I honestly believe I got the position in large part bc I was the same ethnicity as one of the managers interviewing me and she was really interested in talking with me about that.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with a confrontation either in the workplace of in another experience in your life   1 Answer

Accounting Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at City of Sacramento (Sacramento, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

3 panel interview and they each asked a question from a set of 15 questions. It will test your knowledge in accounting, spreadsheets and analytical skills. I was given an excel skills test prior to interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a challenging situation and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Program Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at City of Sacramento.

Interview

The city's hiring process can be slow at times and very old.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your plans for the first 180 days if you are hired!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Can negotiate but limited in range because the current city manager only authorized to hire someone from each position's salary control point/mean.

Utilities Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City of Sacramento (Sacramento, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I received an email asking me to call for an interview. The interviewer was late, did not apologize, nor did he introduce himself right away. Two staff members interviewed me with scripted questions. I was told I would hear back within 24 hours but never heard anything. They were polite and friendly but seemed a bit scattered.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the City of Sacramento?   1 Answer

Senior Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at City of Sacramento (Sacramento, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

There was a observation portion of how you interacted with the patients in the program, then after that there was a interview portion consisting of the supervisors of the different locations.

Interview Questions

• How you would handle a patient that is in distressed and is confused about where they are and why they are here?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City of Sacramento in March 2009.

Interview

The City of Sacramento required a skills test prior to the interview. The skills test was grueling and lasted several hours. Candidates ranked in the top three rankings were the only candidates who were "reachable" and able to interview. The Human Resources Department is very disorganized and took months to publish the list of "reachable" candidates. Once the interview took place; however, the panel of interviewers were very professional and bright.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was out of the question. Each position has a set salary.