City of San Diego Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.7

Rec Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of San Diego (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Took half a year just to get am email asking for me to email documents, resume, availability forms and background check form. The interview was fairly easy. I had 3 questions, with 15 minutes to prep my answers and then i answered my questions to a panel with three people.

Interview Questions

• What paid or volunteer experience do you have that shows you deserve the job   1 Answer

Parking Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at City of San Diego (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was online and I completed it ASAP. I got an interview a week later with two guys from the Waterfront park. They were very nice and the interview was smooth.

Interview Questions

• They ask situational questions about what you would say to the media and why you want to work for the city   Answer Question

Journeyman Electrician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City of San Diego (San Diego, CA).

Interview

A panel of 3 people headed by the Electrical supervisor asking questions about the very basic electricity and safety. Interview questions were handed to me 15 minutes in advance for review.

Interview Questions

• If you observe a collegue working unsafe, what do you do?   1 Answer

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at City of San Diego.

Interview

Applied online on their website. Filled out several pages of personal information and survey questions. Took about one month to get any confirmation of being eligible of the position. Two more months later got an e-mail for an available position. Filled out some more forms and scheduled my own interview time.

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at City of San Diego (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Submit resume, paperwork pass background check. The a phone interview, group interview and final interviews with dept. heads.

I was told that I was in the final 2, but just missed the cut by a point. They said the same role would be coming up again in a couple of months and to re-apply. I did, but this time didn't get a reply, interview or anything, despite being #2 during the previous round.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle complicated situations involving multiple govt. depts.   1 Answer

Junior Planner Interview

Interview

Straight up interview with a panel of three city employees. have you answer questions about the job. was short and sweet. They give you 15 mins before the interview to look over the questions. The questions were very straight forward. I think many people apply to city jobs. Need lots of experience to get in

Studnet Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at City of San Diego in May 2016.

Interview

Two interviewers who wrote down my responses. It was a very casual and comfortable atmosphere. I can tell that they are very accommodating to students and their school scheduling. I would recommend interviewing. The location was not too nice as there were no commercial buildings where you can wait at until your interview time. May just be this one specific location

Management Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City of San Diego.

Interview

I had 15min to review the questions. There were two people in the interview panel. I got asked 5 questions education and background experience. I did good at the interview and got a job offer

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at City of San Diego (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I have been selected through APWA ( American Public Works Association). They conduct an interview and then notified to the city of San Diego if they do need. It's quite simple and straightforward process but at the same time, it's very time-consuming.

Pea Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at City of San Diego (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview Panel with 3 Engineers, be honest concise with your questions and incorporate your experience with the job you're applying for. There's 5, 6 qquestions that you'll have to prepare for so just practice possible questions they may ask you and at the end open up the interview to know more about there background and experiences in the City.

Interview Questions

• What's your education/experience, and professional objective 10 years from now?   Answer Question