City of Scottsdale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Scottsdale (Scottsdale, AZ) in February 2012.

Interview

Sent resume online, interviewed day or two later and was hired same day as interview. The best apart about interviewing for this job is that you do not necessarily have to dress nice. You have to get into the pool to do a skill set, so as long as you are in your swim suit, that is all you need!

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you have that will make you successful in this job?   1 Answer

Communications Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at City of Scottsdale (Scottsdale, AZ) in December 2010.

Interview

Application, Computer-based test, panel interview with communications staff, background application, background check and background interview, polygraph, psych eval, and physical eval. Standard process for most law enforcement jobs. Also a one year probation. Training typically takes 9 months to a year, insufficient progress will result in you being let go during your probationary period.

Interview Questions

• You get a call about a vehicle collision on private property, and it's our policy not to respond for a report. The caller is insistant that police respond, how do you handle?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or don't. Starting (read: minimum) salaries are fixed by the city.

Treasury/Budget Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Scottsdale.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by human resources for an interview. I was given one week and three various times on that day to select. The interview started 10-15 minutes later than scheduled. Parking was simple and it was an easy to find location. People were very helpful in finding where I needed to go.

Interview Questions

• Mundane run of the mill---How do you see yourself in five years; How do you forecast revenues?

Overall interviewer/s were positive pleasant people but glaring red flags were given. Red flag number one: when I asked questions at the end of the interview only the manager was allowed to answer--in fact only one of the three subordinates responded during this round and that was only after after the manager gave her permission. Red flag number two: the manager stated the current staff was half of what it needed to be. Red flag number three: during my entire interview I did not see one of the three subordinates smile once. Ultimately I was not offered job, in hindsight I am thankful for that---I felt like I dodged a bullet. (Remember, you are interviewing them as much as they are interviewing you)   1 Answer

Solid Waste Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at City of Scottsdale.

Interview

They ask ten basic questions. There is a panel of 3 to 4 people who alternate reading questions. There is little to no interaction in the process. The questions do not take any expertise or knowledge of the industry and is geared to low paying positions and employees with little education.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Instructor- Recreation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at City of Scottsdale (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

It was very organized. Knowledgeable employees interviewing me.
    If you have the experience and love to teach, you will be OK
    I was interviewed by two seasoned employees within the department and they became my direct supervisors.
    There is a phone screening, then you will meet in person, and finally you will get an email with a yes or no.
    Depending on their need, that will dictate the total days in getting an answer.

Interview Questions

• Average questions regarding experience time you have, style of instruction.
      Remember these are recreational classes (fun) but the classes need to have substance.   Answer Question

W/WW Treatment Plant Operator Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at City of Scottsdale (Scottsdale, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

The orientation was followed by a panel interview every qualified on paper candidate was chosen for this one. After that process a few were selected for the second interview for which the questions were not provided. The interviewers were very friendly and nice. The program was promoted throughout the interview process to let the candidate know that this is a good career choice. The interviews lasted about an hour each time.

Interview Questions

• Tell the panel about one complex science or technology related project you've completed that suggests you have a strong aptitude for science and technology. The project could have been completed in school, work or your personal life.   Answer Question