City of Seattle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at City of Seattle

2.9

Dispatcher I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at City of Seattle (Seattle, WA).

Interview

LONG. It starts with the online application. If you are selected, you will be invited to take a typing test at home (min wpm certificate required_ then invited to take an on-site skills test. If you pass the skills test, you are invited to a listen-in, board interview, another interview with a detective (my detective interview was 4 hours long), physical eval, psych eval

Public Works Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at City of Seattle.

Interview

I received an email requesting that I schedule an interview for a position. I am logged in to their online portal as instructed the other email and scheduled my interview for a specific time the following week. I then arrived 20 minutes early for my interview ahead of the scheduled time that was selected online only to realize that the instructional email did not give me a floor to get off on in a 70 floor building. 10 minutes ahead of time that I was scheduled to arrive I got a phone call asking where I was. I told him I was lost because I didn’t have a floor number. They let me know if Horner go to. I arrived and the front desk person informed me that I was an hour late. But I told him I had to look at a certain time on the website they said that I was to come in an hour before that time. But there was no instruction on this more clear process. Fortunately I was still able to interview which I believe went well. While waiting for my interview another person came in and had the exact same issue. Instead of ever apologizing and realizing that their system was the problem, they kept telling people they in fact were wrong and were late. Government work for you I guess.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time that diversity was important to you in your workplace?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time that something planned didn’t go according to plan and what did you do?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City of Seattle.

Interview

It is really unprofessional. It feels like an interrogation and the panel was very unfriendly. You are not interviewed by anyone that you will be working with or reporting to. They didn't even provide water or have it available. There was no clock and candidates were not permitted to ask the panel any follow up questions. They rush you through your alloted time.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time where you had to manage multiple priorities?

Their questions are all very generic an have nothing to do with the department you are applying for.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at City of Seattle.

Interview

Telephonic round for 40 min. Two people in interview panel . Asked about my back ground and some technical questions which are needed for new position. Second one is concentrate on behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your role in last company and how is it helpful to u in your future?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City of Seattle (Seattle, WA) in June 2019.

Interview

Panel of 3 interviewers. The questions were general. The testing afterwards was to me strange. I entered the testing room with the "examiner" anf was told immediately that " the timer is starting". He went on to show me test items and describe the test to me while the clock was ticking. Needless to say there was not enough time to finish the test. He rushed me out the door as soon as the time was up. While the interview was easy, the test frustrated me.

Interview Questions

• Why are you more qualified than another for this position?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Interview

I had two interviews. The first I was asked quite a few questions that I did not know the answer to. There were two interviewers. I felt as though they were looking for someone with a lot of experience for an internship role. Second interview was for a different team. I was asked much easier questions. I never received an offer even though the second interview seemed to go very well. Not really sure what happened!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City of Seattle in May 2019.

Interview

Two part interview. Both panels. There was a longer break in between the two interviews. First interview was with team and manager of position, second was with upper management and director. Mostly scenario based questions.

Environmental Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at City of Seattle (Seattle, WA) in December 2018.

Interview

Online application in October. Received an email with a 48 hr time limit to schedule an interview time in 5 days. The interview was a 4 person panel STAR interview. Everyone was kind and polite and read questions directly off a paper provided when I walked in. I was told a specific contact to direct questions after the interview. They were not responsive to inquiries, but after 2 months I did receive an email stating I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• What was a problem and how did you solve it. How did you resolve a conflict with a coworker. There was one job specific what would you do if this happened question.   Answer Question

Senior Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City of Seattle (Seattle, WA) in November 2018.

Interview

They emailed me for an interview date with less than 2 business days notice to drive nearly 4 hours for the interview. I was interviewed by three people- a manager, a current investigator, and a person from the policy section of the division. There was also a written test element.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation where you made a big mistake and what you did afterward.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at City of Seattle in November 2018.

Interview

A 45 minute panel interview with hiring manager and two other managers. A printed page with the questions was given at the beginning of the interview and I was given a few minutes to write down my thoughts.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to think creatively.   Answer Question