KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Is this your company?

Add an Interview

City of Seattle Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 132 of over 132 interviews

Campus Recruiting5%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

City of Seattle

Application

I interviewed at City of Seattle

Interview

I applied online. Human resources contacted me via email. I scheduled my online interview. About 30 minutes before interview, they emailed the questions. It was an hour interview. They didn't email the technical questions they asked at the end.

Interview Questions
  • If you had to pick one, what application do you feel most confident using? Please describe why.
    Answer Question

City of Seattle

Application

I interviewed at City of Seattle

Interview

The interview process took about a month. First, I took an online interview with about eight questions several team members. Afterwards, I was contacted for a second phase interview with a new set of team members.

Interview Questions
  • Can you tell me about a time you went above and beyond expectations at work?

City of Seattle

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at City of Seattle in May 2022

Interview

The interviewing team shared the questions with the candidate about 10 minutes prior to virtually meeting. This gave some semblance of an idea of what would be discussed during the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

City of Seattle

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Seattle

Interview

I didn't get an offer but everyone was great along the way. I found the technical assessment difficult since I'm not familiar with the city tax code. Down time between each round was about two weeks. The people who interviewed me left a good impression, seemed like nice people to work with.

Interview Questions
  • Describe how prior experiences have prepared you for this job.

City of Seattle

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at City of Seattle in Apr 2022

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview with a hiring manager. They had a list a of pre-determined questions that we went through, then there was an opportunity to ask questions. Next was a writing evaluation that was moderately difficult. It took me the entire allotted time to complete. Last was a video panel interview of supervisors and staff. These questions were also pre-determined. Based on the questions my initial phone interview, I prepared for the interview in terms of understanding current challenges facing the organization and role. The interview questions were predominately based on competency. It took another week or so for the panel to debrief, I was then notified that they would like to hire me. The overall process was pleasant and there were no unnecessary delays.

Interview Questions
  • I was shown a video and asked to answer several questions about it.

City of Seattle

Application

I interviewed at City of Seattle

Interview

initial phone interview and then 2 separate panels with a mixture of IT and business SMEs and managers. Interviews are very structured with introductions, scripted questions and questions the candidate may have.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time when you had to make a tough decision

City of Seattle

Application

I interviewed at City of Seattle

Interview

I arrived 30 minutes ahead of the scheduled interview, as directed by the hiring manager. Upon arrival I was given a brief, handwritten, SQL coding test and the questions I would be asked during the interview. The SQL test was fairly easy, I had enough time to complete the test and prep for the interview questions. The questions were straightforward, nothing tricky. I interviewed with the hiring manager and two other employees - one from the IT department and one from SDOT. They each took turns asking questions and left some room at the end for me to ask questions. Overall it was an easy interview.

Interview Questions
  • They asked about the RSJI framework. This was the toughest interview question because it wasn't something I had thought about before. I'd advise looking it up so you have some familiarity before going into the interview.
1 person found this interview helpful

City of Seattle

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Seattle in Nov 2021

Interview

First I submitted an online application. Next, I was provided a link to take a typing test, memorization test, and roadmap test. Finally, I was given the opportunity for a virtual panel interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

City of Seattle

Application

I interviewed at City of Seattle

Interview

You must create an online account. Answer several long answer questions then upload a cover letter and resume. The job was to hire a person to ensure equity in HR processes for BIPOC equity. But the hiring person is not a BIPOC person. So I wonder how they ensure there is no bias when this one not BIPOC person is the gate keeper to that position. I received an auto response via email. I was not called for an interview . Just informed that I was not a contender

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Seattle (Seattle, WA)

Interview

Webex/Teams video call for interview process. They give you a bit of time before jumping on the call to review questions which is fantastic, in my opinion. Interview process and turnaround for offer was quick.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 132 Interviews

City of Seattle Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at City of Seattle as 64.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.80 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Director and Administrative Specialist II rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Internship and Engineering roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at City of Seattle takes an average of 41 days when considering 139 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Internship had the quickest hiring process (on average 17 days), whereas Electrical Engineering roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 44 days).

Common stages of the interview process at City of Seattle according to 139 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 39.56%