City of Seattle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Assistant Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Seattle (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Interviewed at the Seattle Municipal Tower, by a panel of 3 resident engineers. I was given a script with set of questions few minutes beforehand. Questions were mostly behavioral and situational. The interviewers rotated reading the questions out, and asked supplemental questions afterwards. Overall the interview was painless, and the panel was very friendly. I was called by the hiring manager about a week later to extend me the offer.

Interview Questions

• Did you encounter someone at workplace that was rude or uncooperative? How did you deal with him/her? And did he/she cooperate?   Answer Question

Hydropower Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Seattle.

Interview

not interview yet, just exam for hiring process. after exam you pass you will have working test. But I feel not right about my scores that telling me "score did not qualify you to move forward in the hiring process, "without numbers or percentage."

Interview Questions

• I don't know how to score your jobs exam in Seattle City Light? Base on buddy systems or legitimate personal knowledges? Because I'm kind of suspicious on my exam they just saying that "Unfortunately, your exam score did not qualify you to move forward in the hiring process" without numbers or percentage. And I do well on my exam too.   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Seattle.

Interview

I scheduled an interview by Skype with three of the employees in the department. They sent the interview questions 10 minutes before the start to allow me to review. After the interview ended, I had 30 minutes to complete a task and return it to them.

Interview Questions

• The City of Seattle’s Race and Social Justice Initiative (RSJI) advances racial equity in city
      government and the community. What are your ideas about applying race and social
      justice principles to labor standards enforcement?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you successfully communicated with a challenging individual.
      Describe a similar situation that was unsuccessful and what you may have done
      differently.   Answer Question

Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Seattle (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was straight forward. No surprises here. Be prepared to answer more skills related questions relevant to the position you're applying for, rather than personality based questions. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a better choice for this position than the other candidates?   Answer Question

Communications Strategist At Seattle City Light Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at City of Seattle (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very standardized. 3 person panel with the interview questions taped to the table, along with a pen and pad of paper. Lasted about 45 minutes and questions were pretty vague, but completely geared toward your professional abilities.

When I asked them to describe anything they'd want in the world, they said a larger PR budget.

Interview Questions

• Describe when you brought a creative vision to light.   Answer Question
    • How are you at taking something very technical and describing it to a wider audience?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

There was an application process which included a cover letter and resume. After passing the application process there was a screening and then in person interview. Instructions for the day of interview are provided.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Seattle (New York, NY).

Interview

I first had a phone interview that lasted less than 10 minutes. A couple day's later I received an email inviting me in for a second interview. The second interview was with 3 people asking me questions and it ended with a test.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience cash handling?   1 Answer

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at City of Seattle (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

An HR specialist welcomes you and gives you a list of 6-8 questions that will be discussed in the interview. You are given 5 minutes to jot down notes or ideas on the paper. Then you go into a panel interview with a mix of superiors and peers to discuss the position. Folks are friendly and sometimes ask follow up questions on top of your answers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you experienced or witnessed racism and what did you do?   1 Answer
    • What is a high visibility program or initiative you worked on and how did you cope with the extra scrutiny?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about you life/work experience and how it prepares you for this position.   Answer Question
    • Describe a scenario where you had to prioritize competing requests for your time and attention?   Answer Question

Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City of Seattle (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Took a long time for them to get back to me, but the interview process itself was pretty involved and effective. Was not prepared for a panel interview, but it was helpful to speak with multiple staff about the position

Interview Questions

• What would your engagement strategy be for involving senior management in performance decisions   1 Answer

Utility Account Representative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at City of Seattle (Seattle, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied in Feb.2016
    Took a skills test which included several customer service questions and an audio test. You hear the audio and then type with 10 mins to complete. Practice before hand if you are not familar. - March 2016
    Results - Passed April 2016
    Interview - May 2016
    Offer contingent on background check. May 2016
    Class starts July 15 2016.

Tips:
    Check for city jobs weekly.
    Apply
    BE PATIENT!
    Be early for interview and review questions.
    Answer questions with Star!
    DON'T OWE THE CITY.
    SMILE!!!
    If you get a status of "qualification audit" you are a finalist.
    Only 6-7 questions were asked. Not bad at all.
    Answer questions via panel with confidence!

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with attendance policy.   1 Answer