City of Seattle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at City of Seattle

2.9

Sort:

Outreach Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City of Seattle.

Interview

It was a poorly organized process; told I had no interview and then that I did months later; my ethnic name was messed up many times; one interviewer was oddly cold that may just have been the way interview was set up, but there was little back and forth; no eye contact. This is the 2nd process that seemed pre-decided based on how much energy the team was giving it. Perhaps they were just going through the motions until they finalized the person they wanted all along.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Seattle (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Two in-person interviews with 4 to 5 attorneys at each interview. Conversational, friendly, and fairly easy going small group of attorneys conducting the interview, alternating questions. Somewhat informal but professional and engaging.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for the City Attorney's Office?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have with eDiscovery software?   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Seattle.

Interview

I scheduled an interview by Skype with three of the employees in the department. They sent the interview questions 10 minutes before the start to allow me to review. After the interview ended, I had 30 minutes to complete a task and return it to them.

Interview Questions

• The City of Seattle’s Race and Social Justice Initiative (RSJI) advances racial equity in city
      government and the community. What are your ideas about applying race and social
      justice principles to labor standards enforcement?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you successfully communicated with a challenging individual.
      Describe a similar situation that was unsuccessful and what you may have done
      differently.   Answer Question

Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City of Seattle (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Took a long time for them to get back to me, but the interview process itself was pretty involved and effective. Was not prepared for a panel interview, but it was helpful to speak with multiple staff about the position

Interview Questions

• What would your engagement strategy be for involving senior management in performance decisions   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City of Seattle (Seattle, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

Long and unprepared process. But worth it. A lot of unrelated questions but some were relevant. A few tech questions to see how well-rounded and experienced. A little philosophical questions, but easy. Then a lot of side conversation.

Strategic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at City of Seattle (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Contacted by HR and set up panel interview. Four people on the panel. Questions challenging but nothing totally out of left field. Lead interviewer called references but I was not offered the position.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Seattle (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied on-line (2 positions) and received quick follow-up for in person interviews.
    Both interviews were panel interviews, consisting of 5-7 people. If you arrive 15 min prior you can review many of the interview questions. Interviews start and end promptly.

Interview Questions

• Along with basic questions about work history many questions focused on the new social justice and equity plans.
      Questions that had nothing to do with a person's ability to preform the job function.

Examples:
      How would you feel about being called out for white privilege?

Describe a time when you confronted/corrected a social injustice.

At both interviews I felt that I was not going to be considered for the position because I was white.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

There was an application process which included a cover letter and resume. After passing the application process there was a screening and then in person interview. Instructions for the day of interview are provided.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at City of Seattle (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

panel of 3. Was given a list of questions and the interview is all about the questions. They would take notes when you answering the questions. After all the questions were answered, there would ask you if you had any questions for them.

Interview Questions

• describle two technical decisions you made in your recent project   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at City of Seattle (Seattle, WA) in December 2012.

Interview

Typical interview.
    Questions about job history, work experience, interests, knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult experience working with a customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question