City of St. Paul Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at City of St. Paul

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at City of St. Paul (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

The operations manager contacted me via email, and we met for an interview at Xcel Energy Center. He was very nice and explained the details of the job.

Attorney Interview

Interview

Two interviews with senior staff and a council member. It was a good process to test my abilities and for me to learn about the position. Relaxed interview, but I knew there was a competitive process behind it.

Interview Questions

• What is my style for working in a collaborative office environment?   Answer Question

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City of St. Paul (Saint Paul, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

It is very easy. Anyone can get in this job as long as they pass the lifeguarding exam.
    They will ask your age range.
    And they ask what your schedule is and eventhough you prefer to work somewhere else, they will put you at a different location away from the pool you want to work for.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at City of St. Paul (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Some technical questions, but mostly "what did you do in X situation" questions. Started with a two person phone screening, then a 3 person panel interview in person. Mostly just culture fit, but you had to at least know a bit.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when X, how did you handle it, what did you learn from it, etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at City of St. Paul in August 2010.

Interview

civil service exam during application process, panel interview, then 5 months later I was called and offered the position. This was during the recession.

Interview Questions

• Don't recall but there are about 6 questions and you get to review the questions for 15 minutes prior to the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

salary if you have several years of experience in the work being performed, they are willing t negotiate salary if you have experience (to a degree) and vacation time comparable to what you had at your previous emloyer.