City of Stockton, California Interview Questions | Glassdoor

City of Stockton, California Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at City of Stockton, California

Program Manager Interview

Interview

A panel of folks more attuned to maintaining status quo than moving forward. The questions were out dated and looking back, somewhat unrelated to the position I was being interviewed for. No one on the panel had a real clue as to what they were looking for. Paper shufflers at their absolute best.

Negotiation

Based on their 1950's modality there was none. That should have been a red flag...

RECREATION LEADER III/IV/V Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City of Stockton, California (Stockton, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Took less than two weeks for them to get back to me. They are always looking for substitutes to fill in for people. Occasionally you will get long-term substitute assignments. If your availability is good, and you are liked by the after school program facilitators/coordinators, they will place you at a permanent site rather quickly.
    Lower pay-rates apply to Lodi Unified School District. The $11.05 pay-rate applies to Stockton Unified School District. SUSD has stricter requirements (college semester units) and is a more involved job. While working for SUSD, you will be responsible for an assigned group of students, so be prepared to answer questions about which age group(s) you prefer working with. You are also responsible for planning weekly schedules.
    LUSD simply requires that you are comfortable and competent at leading students in recreational activities including sports and leisure, along with helping with homework.

Interview Questions

• If your group of students is acting disorderly, how would you correct their behavior and get them to quiet down?   1 Answer
    • What age group are you most comfortable working with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There are no negotiations on pay rate. The ASES grant only goes so far, and the school districts are strict about what they pay. Negotiations are mainly for whether you become permanent at a site that offers more hours, or a site that is in your desired location.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at City of Stockton, California in April 2010.

Interview

Typical civil service hiring process. Went through a interview panel with a skills test to establish a list. Then the interview panel to select the best candidate. The whole process seemed very honest and fair.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I interviewed at City of Stockton, California (Stockton, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed twice. once by a single person then by a panel of people at the recreation center. It was not a difficult interview at all. They were very nice.

Law Enforcement Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City of Stockton, California in March 2009.

Interview

First was invited to an interview panel, which lasted for approx 20 minutes. I was then invitde to take a writtem test, which was basic high school material. I was then referred to backgrounds, which was a month and then offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good officer for the city of stockton   Answer Question
    • can you work in a diverse city and deal with adverse working conditions   Answer Question