City of Tacoma Interview Questions | Glassdoor

City of Tacoma Interview Questions

2.8

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City of Tacoma (Tacoma, WA).

Interview

I applied for this position online and received a phone call inviting me to interview the following week. The interview was conducted in a very small conference room by a panel of six HR professionals. Each of the six panel members introduced themselves by providing their name and title. After the introduction, each panel member asked me one question from a list of questions they had provided me when I had entered the room. Once I had answered all of their questions I asked a few questions of my own. I wasn't entirely sure who to direct the questions to because nobody had explained their role in the department, so I directed my questions to the office manager, Wendy, who initially greeted me and walked me to the conference room. Wendy deferred each of my questions to other panel members. After my last question was answered, Wendy hastily ushered me to the exit. I was caught off guard and felt rushed. She made no mention of when they would contact me if I was selected, so I assumed the interview didn't go well. Overall, the interview process took about 15 minutes. About an hour after the interview, I received an email from one of the HR analysts informing me that I had ranked fifth out of 10 candidates in my online application and that they would like to schedule an initial interview. This was very confusing to me because I had already had an initial interview. I assumed the email was automated and was sent in error. Almost two months later, I still have not heard whether or not I will be moving forward in the process. I suppose I expected more clarity during the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a strength and a weakness of yours and how it affects your work.   Answer Question

Tax Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City of Tacoma (Tacoma, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online and panel interview. This went via their government site. Was selected to interview among 12 other individuals. Panel was made up of people from various departments. Maybe 8 or so interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Various questions such as how you feel about minorities, to dealing with certain difficult situations.   1 Answer

Financial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at City of Tacoma (Tacoma, WA) in April 2010.

Interview

It was a 3 panel interview with basic interview questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, Union position with set rate of pay.

Senior Technical Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at City of Tacoma in April 2010.

Interview

Very detailed. A management colleague from a prior work engagement clued me in to this position. The company is very progressive. They have a Microsoft'ish look and feel but they are a power retailer not a software house. The staff was very personable, low key in personal character, but uniformly passionate about their company and their mission. These folks were beyond tech savvy, they were floating on the bleeding edge of several technologies where most shops will not venture until at least RC5 or 18 months, which ever comes last.

The interview was very conversational. They would initiate a topic area and I had to weigh in with my perception of the maturity, sustainability and durability of the technology. No right or wrong, just what do you know about this. As my strengths are primarily deep back-end infrastructure I nailed most of the network, storage and high-performance configuration strategies. I did not fare so well with newer front end application strategies (connection pooling, stateless consistency ...) ... but I did impress them with security concepts and describing the nuances of ipv6 versus ipv4.

I had a one-on-one, tech team panel, 5 staff members, then 20 minutes with a Director. The Director interview occurred about a week and a half after the tech team panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe the investment criteria to ensure a profitable cloud service while ensuring a no-fault business continuity commitment to premier clients ...   1 Answer

The interviews went very well. However, the timing and commute just did not work out.
    There were also considerations because of a family health 'pre-existing' condition that could not be covered until a stated period of time had elapsed.