City of Toronto Interview Questions | Glassdoor

City of Toronto Interview Questions

Updated Jan 4, 2018

2.7

Librarian Interview

Interview

2 interviewers, friendly

ARC Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at City of Toronto.

Interview

I received a phone called to come in for a interview at a scheduled time. When entering the room, I was given a 30 minute timer and some paper where I could take notes.

Interview Questions

• If you were to plan and event, what would you need to do?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if an employee, doesn't submit their weekly scheduled plans to you?   Answer Question

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Toronto.

Interview

Applied for the position online. Got called in for an interview. Did the interview in person, they mainly look at your communication ability and if you know basic lifesaving. Very easy interview, most people get the job basic questions.

Interview Questions

• What are the 3 P's of lifeguarding   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at City of Toronto.

Interview

First interview was a computer test with situational questions. I waited two weeks got a call back for the second interview. Second interview was a verbal face to face interview with situational questions. About a month later i got called for the job.

Summer Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Toronto.

Interview

Basic behavioural interview questions. The interviewers were very friendly but kind of awkward in a way. On the plus side the position was very high paying for such low level work. I did not accept the offer because I got the opportunity to get relevant experience in my field.

Interview Questions

• What experience, work or school, can you bring to this position?   Answer Question

Food Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

fairly easy.there were 2 people who interviewed me. they gave sheet with 5-6 questions and told me to answer and i can take as much time as i want and can change my answer too. they kept on writing whateveri said.

Interview Questions

• generally set of 5-6 questions related to job and city division you are applying to.   1 Answer

Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at City of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

First you must pass the computer test which are Microsoft Applications test. Depending on the job, there are typing test, data entry test and customer service test. After passing, you get called for an interview which is usually with 2 people. The hiring manager and your supervisor. They usually ask 5 or 6 questions, mostly based on how you would deal with certain situations and customer service related questions. They ask how your experiences relate to the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time and prioritize different projects?   Answer Question

Heavy Equipment Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

applied online and had my first test interview today, now waiting for the 2nd step which is a panel interview, nothing more to say, I am looking forward to working for the City of Toronto

ARC Program Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Toronto.

Interview

A group interview where you showcase your ability to lead an activity. You are told beforehand to prepare an activity that the group will participate in, and that you will have to lead said activity. The second part of the interview was them asking what you would do in certain scenarios.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the child was injured?   2 Answers

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at City of Toronto (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied on line and it took about 3 month. The interview has 6 question. You can have pen and paper to write down the thought before you answer.

Interview Questions

• What do your background and skills prepare you for this job?
      How do you deal with conflict?   Answer Question