CityWorth Mortgage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at CityWorth Mortgage

2.4

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CityWorth Mortgage (Fairfax, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

First it started with a phone screening then after getting there you are given a tour. After that there are two rounds of interviews and basic questions about your personality and self-assessment. Office was open floor so you are basically interviewing in the middle of the action.

Interview Questions

• Two positive qualities, two negative qualities, mostly the typical interview questions with a focus on drive and motivation.   Answer Question

Mortgage Banker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at CityWorth Mortgage in September 2017.

Interview

Had a phone screening with one of the recruiters pretty much telling you about the company. Then was asked to come in for an interview. So I come to the interview and mind you I live in New York, so not a short commute. The recruiter met me in the front of what seemed to be an overwhelming, adult Chuck-E-Cheese-esque work space. Everyone is dressed in shorts, people skateboarding around, not professional at all. I was then brought into a room by a recruiter and she asked me for ratings of myself in certain characteristics, and too three strengths and weaknesses. Then she passed the piece of paper with my self evaluations onto a manager. He was an old time mortgage banker, and seemed extremely arrogant and old-school. Asked me why I rated myself a 9 for one trait then explained what the company did - which in short is subprime lending, and they say they don’t do predatory lending, but it’s pretty obvious to someone who knows anything about mortgages. Anyway I went in with very high expectations, and left with a much lower outlook of the company. I then followed up with an email thanking them for the interview, then a week later asking if there was any progress and the recruiter had promised me to be in contact. Heard nothing back, very unprofessional for a new mortgage company like this. Don’t waste your time!

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CityWorth Mortgage (Fairfax, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

Short, sweet, to the point....basic interview asking about my experiences, what I brought to the table, how the industry worked and how the company operated. It was a great back-n-forth balance.

Interview Questions

• To sell a pen on the spot....   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CityWorth Mortgage (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

1. Talk to a recruiter on the phone.

2. In person interview, first was with a team lead and we did a "personality" assessment (3 weaknesses, 3 strengths, etc.)

3. After the interview with the team lead I met with a higher up employee, we went over my experience and the job.

4. Congrats phone call, and they asked for three references (had to be somebody you work directly under).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CityWorth Mortgage (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Consisted of a tour then a one on one interview. The interviewer explained a normal day, expectations, and salary/commission process. Then the interviewer asked simple questions regarding myself and words that described me.

Interview Questions

• They simply asked words that describe yourself. Strengths, Weaknesses.   Answer Question

Mortgage Banker Interview

Interview

I walked in and had to awkwardly wait for some one to come and grab me. No reception office and disorganized environment. The questions were easy and the interviewers were encouraging.

Mortgage Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CityWorth Mortgage.

Interview

Began with a phone call after application submission that ended with setting up an on site interview date and time. Offer was extended about a week after the interview. The interview lasted about an hour and was conducted by three people separately.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CityWorth Mortgage (Fairfax, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Referred by a friend (They get a referral bonus)
    Submitted Resume (small, growing company. no formal application)

Initial Phone Interview

Interview with Recruiter
    Interview with President (asked about motivations, previous experience)
    Interview with Vice President (mostly he talked about the company and the vision)
    All interviews same day

Congratulations email. Asked for 3 references.

Called References (They called all 3)

Got a phone call confirming references were good. Started 2 weeks later. There are monthly start dates for bankers. Other staff is brought on as they are hired.

First day involved filling out formal paperwork.

Real Estate Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CityWorth Mortgage (Sterling, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on Indeed. Got a call from the recruiter with a very brief phone interview and promptly set up an in-person interview. Took a tour with the recruiter, then talked with CEO's son-in-law. He asked basic interview questions then took me over to meet another employee and asked me to sell the employee a pen. If you don't pass this stage you are sent home. If you pass you talk to the CEO; more of a conversation.

Mortgage Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CityWorth Mortgage (Fairfax, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

Email contact first, phone interview second, and in person interview. I was interviewed by 3 people and they were awesome. I felt comfortable talking to them and it was more like a conversation than an interview.