Civil Service United Kingdom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 2, 2018

3.5

EDIP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Civil Service United Kingdom (Telephone, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Online tests (verbal, numerical, situational judgement), competency questionnaire, telephone interview.

The latter two look for the core Civil Service competencies as listed on the website.

Mostly quite basic - nothing too unexpected or difficult. Practice tests are provided before taking the actual tests, competency questionnaire is quite clear and easily answered, and interview topics are given before hand.

Town Council Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bishops Stortford, England (UK)

Interview

Fairly straightforward. CV application letter and application form. Then one on one interview. Quite informal. Got good vibe. Didn't get the job. Was surprised. Asked for feedback. Quite formal non feedback with little constructive criticism. No point really.

Workcoach Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Civil Service United Kingdom.

Interview

Worst application process ever! Apply on line and then you do a test which doesn't work if you have a firewall on your PC; Governments advice turn off your firewall and anti virus etc!
    Raised this as an issue and the response was to do an on line test you need to be connected to the internet! ( A) This had nothing to do with the query raised and shows they never bothered actually reading the email sent to them re the issues, and (B) They never actually bothered listening to the issues when I called them to explain in person.
    I was told we will re set your password which again shows they don't listen as the issue was not a password issue but more around the test crashing. I ended up withdrawing my application as I have never come across such rude, unhelpful, and moronic staff and it made me realise that I never wanted to work for such incompetent and rude people.

Interview Questions

• I was told by DWP staff that lots of people had applied but few had taken the test. I tried to explain that I would therefore draw inference from this as why would people do a lengthy application then give up at the easy multi choice questions, this wasn't picked up on I was told that people would complete a lengthy application but then be put off by a few easy multi choice questions which again shows they don't have a clue.   1 Answer

Civil Service Fast Stream Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Civil Service United Kingdom.

Interview

Tests, followed by e-tray, followed by video interview and assessment, no time to prepare between stages, remember to focus on core competencies, hard to get feedback, lots of preparation is needed

Economist Fast Stream Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Civil Service United Kingdom.

Interview

First stage was pass Situational judgement questions, complete an E-tray, and then video interview if you pass the above. The video interview was tough as the questions don't adapt to the answers you have given before- sometimes you could shoot yourself in the foot by giving an example for one question which was more appropriate for the next.

Interview Questions

• How committed are you to learning and developing throughout your career and how do you demonstrate this?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you have bounced back from a bad situation   Answer Question
    • How do you demonstrate your ability to adapt to change?   Answer Question

Fast Stream Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Civil Service United Kingdom (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Situation Judgement Questionnaire - given a scenario and you select the most/least effective response. This is followed by an online e-tray exercise - given a scenario and you have to respond to emails in 80 minutes. This is followed by an online video interview, which requires you to tape your responses to 8 questions

Economist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Civil Service United Kingdom (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Online form filled in. Asked to go to the interview about 3 weeks later. Job offer within two weeks. Basic competencies such as when you have persuaded someone, teamwork. Followed by micro - externality based - and Macro - regarding inflation.

Civil Service Fast Stream Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Civil Service United Kingdom (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

long winded and difficult with a situational judgement test, e-tray, video interview and further online questions to answer with each unlocked after the other. have gone through video interview for two of my choices

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Civil Service United Kingdom (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Long, difficult process. The assessment centre was very intense. I thought the writing exercise was the hardest. I also found the group exercise quite intimidating. Fake it till you make it

Interview Questions

• Prepare 5 min talk on information given and be prepared to answer question   1 Answer

Civil Service Fast Stream Interview

Interview

It is a long process with an even longer waiting time. There are several steps to pass through. The online exercises are easier than expected and do not require any specialist preparation.