Civil Service United Kingdom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 9, 2018

3.4

EDIP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Civil Service United Kingdom (Telephone, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Online tests (verbal, numerical, situational judgement), competency questionnaire, telephone interview.

The latter two look for the core Civil Service competencies as listed on the website.

Mostly quite basic - nothing too unexpected or difficult. Practice tests are provided before taking the actual tests, competency questionnaire is quite clear and easily answered, and interview topics are given before hand.

Civil Service Fast Stream Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Civil Service United Kingdom (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Prior to the interview I completed the online tests which you have 5 days to complete. After the initial online interview a phone call interview took place several weeks after. Overall the interviewer is interested about your experience and why you would like to work for the civil service. overall the experience was encouraging with the interviewer interested in your professional experience and aspirations for working in the government

Surge and Rapid Response Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Civil Service United Kingdom (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

Initially very welcoming but a very quick interview process ensued with a distinct lack of interest in fully formulated and relevant answers. This gave me the impression that whilst openness and honesty are promoted maybe not all is as it seems. Just my impression.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you effectively managed a quality service (competency based).   Answer Question

Surge and Rapid Response Team - Operational Delivery Profession Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Civil Service United Kingdom (London, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

I have been to an interview for the Surge and Rapid Response Team - Operational Delivery Profession, since my interview I haven't heard back from them. Has anyone heard anything from HMRC?

Administrative Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Civil Service United Kingdom in March 2018.

Interview

They were friendly and put me at ease straight away. One person asked the question and another wrote down my responses. They didn't ask about a competency if they felt I had already answered the question.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when one of your customers kept changing the goal posts. How did you respond?   Answer Question

Town Council Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bishops Stortford, England (UK)

Interview

Fairly straightforward. CV application letter and application form. Then one on one interview. Quite informal. Got good vibe. Didn't get the job. Was surprised. Asked for feedback. Quite formal non feedback with little constructive criticism. No point really.

Spring Week Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Civil Service United Kingdom (London, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

Online tasks and then telephone interview. First was a basic application then online tasks on their website (fairly easy and mostly situation based). Then there was a telephone interview a few months after, mainly questions about yourself, no questions on the Civil Service or anything.

Work Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Civil Service United Kingdom (London, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

Online application ,then situational judgement test . They called me straight away for an interview . It took about a week for the entire process. They made me feel very relaxed on the day of the interview.

Civil Service Fast Stream Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Civil Service United Kingdom (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Many stages to the application process: general application questions, online tests (situation judgement, behavioural questionnaire and an e-tray exercise), then a recorded video interview and finally the assessment centre.
    Assessment centre included a 1:1 interview, several individual exercises based around their core values and a group task.

Interview Questions

• Competency questions based on the core values which you are given in advance, so prepare answers around these.   Answer Question

Workcoach Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Civil Service United Kingdom.

Interview

Worst application process ever! Apply on line and then you do a test which doesn't work if you have a firewall on your PC; Governments advice turn off your firewall and anti virus etc!
    Raised this as an issue and the response was to do an on line test you need to be connected to the internet! ( A) This had nothing to do with the query raised and shows they never bothered actually reading the email sent to them re the issues, and (B) They never actually bothered listening to the issues when I called them to explain in person.
    I was told we will re set your password which again shows they don't listen as the issue was not a password issue but more around the test crashing. I ended up withdrawing my application as I have never come across such rude, unhelpful, and moronic staff and it made me realise that I never wanted to work for such incompetent and rude people.

Interview Questions

• I was told by DWP staff that lots of people had applied but few had taken the test. I tried to explain that I would therefore draw inference from this as why would people do a lengthy application then give up at the easy multi choice questions, this wasn't picked up on I was told that people would complete a lengthy application but then be put off by a few easy multi choice questions which again shows they don't have a clue.   1 Answer