Civil Service United Kingdom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Civil Service United Kingdom

3.4

EDIP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Civil Service United Kingdom (Telephone, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Online tests (verbal, numerical, situational judgement), competency questionnaire, telephone interview.

The latter two look for the core Civil Service competencies as listed on the website.

Mostly quite basic - nothing too unexpected or difficult. Practice tests are provided before taking the actual tests, competency questionnaire is quite clear and easily answered, and interview topics are given before hand.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Civil Service United Kingdom in January 2015.

Interview

very informative, group interview challenging questions that related specifically to the job at hand. i don't have anything else to say about the interview process so I will not meet the thirty word minimum

Assistant Economist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Civil Service United Kingdom (London, England (UK)) in June 2020.

Interview

Government Economic Service
    Presentation followed by interview. They give you a week to prep for a report which should be technical but the presentation should not be technical. It lasts 10 minutes then they ask econ questions and then about 40 minutes on competency questions.

Interview Questions

• What are the common measures for economic development and what are their downsides?   1 Answer

Fast Track Scheme Interview

Interview

The whole process was well managed and swift. Interviewers were experienced and knew what they were looking for. Location was in White Hall, London. Assessment day was not too long.

Summer Diversity Interview

Interview

The interview was quick and very scripted. Usually they are half an hour long but mine was approximately 15 minutes. There was no natural progression to the questions. They are designed to cover all the skills a candidate should have. These skills are detailed in the various handbooks sent out as part of the interview.

Civil Service Fast Stream Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Civil Service United Kingdom (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in March 2020.

Interview

A number of SJTs then a video interview and then an Assessment Centre. After this there was a Final Selection Board where you had a formal interview and more scheme specific tests.

Government Economic Service Fast Stream Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Civil Service United Kingdom (London, England (UK)) in March 2020.

Interview

Applied online and was a lengthy process. There were online tests, a work based scenario online test and a video interview. After that was the Fast Stream Assessment Centre and then the Final Selection Board.

Interview Questions

• The FSAC was a general assessment centre for all applicants. It included a group exercise, a written analysis exercise and a leadership exercise wherein you take on the role of a project leader.   1 Answer
    • The Economics Assessment Centre focuses on basic undergrad level economics- There is a report writing assignment and a personal interview.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

An online application which included tests. The last and final stage was the Telephone interview which was all competency-based, no technical questions. Straightforward and good communication from the HR team which led to an offer being made.

Fast Stream Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Civil Service United Kingdom (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Video interview, series of 10 questions, 30 seconds to read the question, 1.5-2.5 minutes to answer. Difficult to pace yourself through the interview, and practice definitely needed as ti was very different from a face to face interview

Data Science Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Civil Service United Kingdom in February 2020.

Interview

Collection of different interviews ranging from competency based to technical and motivation. A lot of the questions seemed very similar to one another and included lots of situational judgement scenarios. Received no feedback in my rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you used data science techniques. What was a problem you faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question