Claire's Accessories UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 16, 2017

2.5

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Claire's Accessories UK.

Interview

After applying I was invited to join a group interview, where they had us split into two teams and had us complete tasks for hypothetical customers. This included finding items that could be used for an 80s party while the other group had a different type of customer to accommodate to. Afterwards, we had to explain our decisions. Additionally, they tested our team work skills by giving us a card with an animal on it. We weren't allowed to speak to each other but could make the animal noises and had to assign ourselves into height order of the animal. Mostly they were looking for personality and candidates who seemed bubbly.

Interview Questions

• We were asked to bring an item that was important to us and to explain why   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Claire's Accessories UK (Sheffield, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Asked why I want to work for the company and what I like about the company. Talked about what I could bring to the company. Was told to go on to the shop floor and ask as a sales assistant.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Claire's Accessories UK (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

I dropped my CV in store and was called on the phone to come in for an interview in store at the end of the week.
    The manager took me to the back room and asked questions from a pre-written form, then wrote down my answers on a pad of paper.

Interview Questions

• What are your three biggest strengths and three biggest weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • If you were an animal, what animal would you be?   Answer Question
    • Would you be alright with piercing ears? Same question for noses, and for piercing the ears of very young children.   1 Answer

EU SDM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Claire's Accessories UK (Birmingham, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Pro actively contacted by their HR department after they found my CV on a job board.
    Initial phone call from HR department asking if I was interested in the role, CV then passed on to hiring manager.

1st Stage telephone interview was good not so much a Q&A but felt more like a general chat

Invited in for 2nd stage face to face with hiring manager and another colleague usual format Q&A session based on previous roles and competency based questions.

Interview Questions

• Q&A session based on previous roles and competency based questions.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chorley, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Claire's Accessories UK (Chorley, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Completed a job application form, followed by interview. The job application had lots of questions to answer. The interview went in details of your qualifcations, delved more into your answers, and asked what your reasoning for applying for the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if there's a trouble customer in the store?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swansea, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Claire's Accessories UK (Swansea, Wales (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

One on one interview, had to do a one page maths test without a calculator, that was very difficult, I may have got a C in GCSE maths, but I struggled anyway. I also had to go on the shop floor for about 20/30 minutes and approach customers and try and sell them things. Manager was very down to earth and understanding about my current job situation.

Interview Questions

• What issues do you think we have to worry about during a busy Saturday?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a difficult situation you experienced in the workplace and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview Claires Accessories Uk Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Claire's Accessories UK (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Apply in store for sales assistants or supervisors positions.

Have telephone interview,
    + Tell me about yourself? ( Previous /current work or studying?) Looking to see if your flexible
    + Why should claire's choose you?
    + what experience do you have for the role?
    + what 3 words your friends would use to describe you? (Looking for driven & enthusiastic.)
    + Can you work over 7 days, including xmas & New Year?
     takes about 10 minutes.

Then you'll be invited for interview with store manager usually takes around 30 minutes,
    Dress fashionable, lots of jewellery. Know whats on trend at the moment.

You'll fill out an application form.
    You'll then be asked scripted questions?

+ What do you know about Claire's? ( Do Your Research.)
    + Why do you want to work there?
    + What skills & experience can you add to this position?
    + What is your understanding of excellent customer service?
    + Where have you received this & why was is so great?
    + Are you willing be Ear pierced trained? ( Yes is only answer to this, as they take alot of money in Ear piercing.)
    + Name a time when you were in a situation where it was difficult to communicate with someone? What was the outcome?
    + What is your availability?
    + Do you have any up coming holidays?

Negotiation

They called within a week & i accepted the offer.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Claire's Accessories UK (Salisbury, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

I was stood in the middle of a stock room being interviewed by a manager who was due to leave 2 days after my interview anyway. Because of that fact I had to go in and have an interview with another manager anyway

Interview Questions

• If you could be a giraffe or an orange which would you be?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Claire's Accessories UK in March 2012.

Interview

interview took around 30minutes, asked questions about previous employment alot to do with customer service also when you have recieved good customer service. also showed me an item and asked me to point out key features that would make it attractive to customers

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ajax, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Claire's Accessories UK (Ajax, ON (Canada)) in May 2011.

Interview

I dropped off my resume, got a call about 2-3 weeks later. I came in and walked around for a bit, waited for my turn and went in the back. Basically the manager had about three pages of questions for me to fill out verbally while she wrote. It wasn't too bad, she asked a lot about my work experience and such. She told me they were interviewing a lot of people and to call back in 2 weeks if I hadn't heard much. I't's actually only been less than a week since my interview, but I need to fill this in, so.. we'll see! But yes, they ask about ear piercings and I think you have to do it.