Claire's Stores Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.4

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Claire's Stores in August 2017.

Interview

Pretty simple. interviewed with GM in food court area. Anybody could land a job with them and I believe that's why this company has a huge turn over rate. GM that interviewed me was immature to say the least. I knew before the interview started it wasn't the company for me. When interviewing potential new hires try to be more professional instead of sipping on your drink and have a little bit more class. This job is more for teenagers instead of grown women.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about little bit yourself?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Claire's Stores

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Very quick interview access after applying for the job. In store interview. The process was short sweet and to the point. A bit difficult to get in touch with the the District manager. But the store manager made it work. Very patient with the process and I was also.

Interview Questions

• What do you think your strengths and weaknesses would be in this type of environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Lancaster, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

The process took about twenty minutes. I answered questions and she went over the details of the position. I was offered the position and began my training about a week later.

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Aurora, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

It was pretty simple, most questions are about what customer service means to you, how you would handle certain situations, and your sense of style. First, they will start with a phone interview if you are new to the company, and from there they will decide if a face to face is necessary. I had a phone interview, face to face, and then a phone interview again with the district manager. All were less than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is good customer service?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Claire's Stores in May 2016.

Interview

Loved the interview. The interview lasted about 20-30 minutes. Great questions. Some were challenging. But luckily I had already been in the situation so I knew what I was talking about.

Interview Questions

• Situation scenarios and examples of times things happened to me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Columbia, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

Brief and to the point, also if you do not accessorize properly they will turn their nose at you or give you one more chance to re-interview before they speak to you.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in managment?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Claire's?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Southlake, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Took one to two months to hear back. When I finally got an interview I interviewed for assistant manager it was a lie they just say that tone get interviews. They offered be key holder. Store manager was great and a wonderful person very professional and punctual. District manager was two hours late! She talked too much.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for claire's?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Lincoln, NE) in September 2015.

Interview

basic, phone interviews and multiple in person interviews. You also have to take a test after training before you are keyed it is done over the phone with the district manager

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

The interview is very easy and straight to the point. Most of it was the manager explaining the position and required responsibilities. Since I had previously worked for the company when I was in high school, the manager just asked me about the store I worked for. I was asked about the store size, the average daily sales, store volume, and if I had pierced ears.

Interview Questions

• Would you have a problem piercing ears? Piercing is required for all Claire's positions, full time, part time, sales associates to district managers.   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Asked about previous experience. Job length. Strengths/Weakness. Personality. Interview with store manager first, if they like you, they will pass you on to district manager for further interviews. Ask if you know what ADS, UPTs, mean to affect sales. Talk to you about the effective way to talk and sell to customers.

Interview Questions

• What I would bring to Claire's to better the store that may not already be there.   Answer Question