Claire's Stores Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.5

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Columbia, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

Brief and to the point, also if you do not accessorize properly they will turn their nose at you or give you one more chance to re-interview before they speak to you.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in managment?   1 Answer
  • Why do you want to work for Claire's?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Claire's Stores

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Claire's Stores in April 2010.

Interview

I walked into Claires, asking if the were hiring for management and the store manager told me she was looking for an assistant manager. She then set me up with an interview, and told me to fill out the application and bring it back the day of the interview (3 days later). When I arrived for the interview, the DM was there and decided to sit in. They both asked me many questions and the store manger wrote down my answers on a 3 page paper. After the interview, she told me she would get back to me and I then received a call about 2 weeks later offering me an assistant manager for very little pay.

Interview Questions

• When was a time in your previous jobs, did you have to make a difficult decision?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

It was too low of pay for all the responsibility.

Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Southlake, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Took one to two months to hear back. When I finally got an interview I interviewed for assistant manager it was a lie they just say that tone get interviews. They offered be key holder. Store manager was great and a wonderful person very professional and punctual. District manager was two hours late! She talked too much.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for claire's?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Brandon, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

No matter what position you apply for, you will get similar questions. The higher up positions will ask more questions about experience in leadership and management, but Claire's really likes to focus on customer service skills. They want their employees to really connect and gain more loyal customers. Many questions will revolve around different scenarios involving customers as well. Make sure to do a walk through of the store and know the product. You also have to be comfortable with doing ear piercing's.

Interview Questions

• A customer walks in, asks for a gift card. How do you approach them and add on items to your point of sale? The customer does not know much about the girl other than her being 10 years of age and "seems girly".   1 Answer
    • How comfortable will you be with the idea of piercing people, specifically young children and babies?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Aurora, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

It was pretty simple, most questions are about what customer service means to you, how you would handle certain situations, and your sense of style. First, they will start with a phone interview if you are new to the company, and from there they will decide if a face to face is necessary. I had a phone interview, face to face, and then a phone interview again with the district manager. All were less than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is good customer service?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Claire's Stores in May 2016.

Interview

Loved the interview. The interview lasted about 20-30 minutes. Great questions. Some were challenging. But luckily I had already been in the situation so I knew what I was talking about.

Interview Questions

• Situation scenarios and examples of times things happened to me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Lincoln, NE) in September 2015.

Interview

basic, phone interviews and multiple in person interviews. You also have to take a test after training before you are keyed it is done over the phone with the district manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Asked about previous experience. Job length. Strengths/Weakness. Personality. Interview with store manager first, if they like you, they will pass you on to district manager for further interviews. Ask if you know what ADS, UPTs, mean to affect sales. Talk to you about the effective way to talk and sell to customers.

Interview Questions

• What I would bring to Claire's to better the store that may not already be there.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

Met Adam, had interview. Got offer 2 days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. Was offered max pay.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

dropped off a resume, filled out an application form and got called in for an interview. was pretty basic asked questions about if you have ever stolen and about good and bad customer service experiences... i was given an online test and after i passed it i had 2 more interviews with the store and district managers..

Interview Questions

• how would you motivate staff to meet their sales goals?   Answer Question

Negotiation

make sure you let them know what salary you would like and be confident even if you don't feel it