Claire's Stores Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Claire's Stores Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 27, 2017

2.5

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Contacted a couple of weeks after I applied. Typical questions asked and it was pretty informal. Know what the company sells and their target market. Called for an interview with the district manager and was offered the job the next day. You have to pass an online survey as well.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been with a friend who shoplifted and if so what did you do?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Claire's Stores

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Very quick interview access after applying for the job. In store interview. The process was short sweet and to the point. A bit difficult to get in touch with the the District manager. But the store manager made it work. Very patient with the process and I was also.

Interview Questions

• What do you think your strengths and weaknesses would be in this type of environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Cleveland, TN) in August 2009.

Interview

Already was a sales clerk, all they did was call corporate and they gave me the position

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Gave me what I wanted

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Claire's Stores in March 2010.

Interview

It was very laid back - I felt relaxed and comfortable throughout.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation needed.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

I was hired as a 3rd Key. The interview was very standard retail interview. Asked a lot about customer service and your experience with it. They ask about past experience with sales goals, visual merchandising, motivating staff, and loss prevention. Multitasking is very important so be sure to give examples of how you are good at that.

Interview Questions

• "What should happen to an employee if he/she is caught stealing?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was in need of a job so I accepted what they gave me. District manager is the one to make the call so you can't really negotiate.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

The interview is very easy and straight to the point. Most of it was the manager explaining the position and required responsibilities. Since I had previously worked for the company when I was in high school, the manager just asked me about the store I worked for. I was asked about the store size, the average daily sales, store volume, and if I had pierced ears.

Interview Questions

• Would you have a problem piercing ears? Piercing is required for all Claire's positions, full time, part time, sales associates to district managers.   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Lancaster, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

The process took about twenty minutes. I answered questions and she went over the details of the position. I was offered the position and began my training about a week later.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

First interview was in store and just asked what I enjoy doing and about school, promoted twice by doing tests.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What would you do if you have an ear piercing, people Are ready to cash out, you have a shoplifter and the phone is ringing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing. You get minimum and no set amount of hours.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Detroit, MI) in September 2012.

Interview

Quick and easy, Dress nice. It was a one on one, Quiet and remote. A few questions. Waited a few weeks for a call back. Friendly people. The questions were simple. Use eye contact, don't be afraid to joke.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Claire's Stores in February 2014.

Interview

It was nice. Very laid back. We stood outside, and talked about the position. Then i interviewed with the district manager. Then I got an offer. I don't want to be forced to talk about my interview...the experience was fine. It was just like every other interview anywhere else. Used the dame generic questions.