Claire's Stores Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.5

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Southlake, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Took one to two months to hear back. When I finally got an interview I interviewed for assistant manager it was a lie they just say that tone get interviews. They offered be key holder. Store manager was great and a wonderful person very professional and punctual. District manager was two hours late! She talked too much.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for claire's?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Claire's Stores

Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Brandon, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

No matter what position you apply for, you will get similar questions. The higher up positions will ask more questions about experience in leadership and management, but Claire's really likes to focus on customer service skills. They want their employees to really connect and gain more loyal customers. Many questions will revolve around different scenarios involving customers as well. Make sure to do a walk through of the store and know the product. You also have to be comfortable with doing ear piercing's.

Interview Questions

• A customer walks in, asks for a gift card. How do you approach them and add on items to your point of sale? The customer does not know much about the girl other than her being 10 years of age and "seems girly".   1 Answer
    • How comfortable will you be with the idea of piercing people, specifically young children and babies?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Columbia, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

Brief and to the point, also if you do not accessorize properly they will turn their nose at you or give you one more chance to re-interview before they speak to you.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in managment?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Claire's?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Lancaster, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

The process took about twenty minutes. I answered questions and she went over the details of the position. I was offered the position and began my training about a week later.

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Aurora, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

It was pretty simple, most questions are about what customer service means to you, how you would handle certain situations, and your sense of style. First, they will start with a phone interview if you are new to the company, and from there they will decide if a face to face is necessary. I had a phone interview, face to face, and then a phone interview again with the district manager. All were less than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is good customer service?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Very quick interview access after applying for the job. In store interview. The process was short sweet and to the point. A bit difficult to get in touch with the the District manager. But the store manager made it work. Very patient with the process and I was also.

Interview Questions

• What do you think your strengths and weaknesses would be in this type of environment?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Claire's Stores in February 2014.

Interview

It was nice. Very laid back. We stood outside, and talked about the position. Then i interviewed with the district manager. Then I got an offer. I don't want to be forced to talk about my interview...the experience was fine. It was just like every other interview anywhere else. Used the dame generic questions.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Claire's Stores in May 2016.

Interview

Loved the interview. The interview lasted about 20-30 minutes. Great questions. Some were challenging. But luckily I had already been in the situation so I knew what I was talking about.

Interview Questions

• Situation scenarios and examples of times things happened to me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Lincoln, NE) in September 2015.

Interview

basic, phone interviews and multiple in person interviews. You also have to take a test after training before you are keyed it is done over the phone with the district manager

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Detroit, MI) in September 2012.

Interview

Quick and easy, Dress nice. It was a one on one, Quiet and remote. A few questions. Waited a few weeks for a call back. Friendly people. The questions were simple. Use eye contact, don't be afraid to joke.