Claire's Stores Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Claire's Stores Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Columbus, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was super simple each time I've interviewed. I met with the store manager, we sat down and she just asked me questions about my work history. Super laid back and simple. The first time I worked for Claire's I met with the DM as well, the second time I was just hired on.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with an unhappy customer. What did you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Claire's Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anderson, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Anderson, SC) in July 2016.

Interview

Totally unprofessional. Store manager scheduled a PHONE interview through email, called me a few minutes after the scheduled time and asked me where I am. Made me rush out there for an in person interview instead of a phone interview. When I got there she had no clue what position I had even applied for and could not find my application or resume. Ended up offering me a part time, minimum wage sales associate job. Even though I applied for a management position and I haven't been anything less than a manager in 2 years -_-

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

Super easy. My boss (the store manager) was super cool & we ended up becoming lifelong friends! I did an in person interview with her than a phone interview with the DSM. That was easy as well & lasted maybe 5 minutes. That was on a Friday & I was offered the job on Monday!

Interview Questions

• What would you suggest or try to sell to girls ____ age?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

Had me come in and the store manager took me out in the hall way and we went and sat down at a table in the mall. She proceeded to introduce me to herself and ask me a little about myself. She explained the position that I would be applying for and then I explained to her about why I was interested in the position.

Interview Questions

• What would make you a successful member of out Claire's team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Overland Park, KS) in March 2016.

Interview

Very quick interview process. Took approximately 1 week with 2 interviews. One in person with DM and One on phone with RM. I applied via a website and heard back within 24 hours. Interview set for later the same week with my second interview thw following week. Very generic questions with productivity and and social media focused questions.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Forks, ND

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Grand Forks, ND) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview asking what customer service means to me. Pretty straight forward. Manager seemed nice at first. But some days are better than others. I wish they had been more honest with how much staffing we DON'T have.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Claire's Stores in June 2013.

Interview

It was pretty laid back. Sat and talked with the store manager for a while about my experience and where i wanted to go. Basically just talked, not much more i can say.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable piercing ears?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

Average time for hire

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

Took DSM 3wks to decide to hire me even with the experience I had! That should have told me something!!

Negotiation

BAD!!! Manager made me think I would get a lot more which of course I didn't

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Olympia, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online through monster and had an interview the next week. Met with the district manager and assistant manager. When arriving had to wait over twenty minutes in the store while the district manager came back to lunch. At the interview the district manager had the assistant store conduct the interview through a packet which she stumbled through. After reviewing my resume the district manager offered me an assistant manager position for a store over 40 miles away...stating that I was unqualifed to be a store manager and that with hard work and customer service I could work my way up to store manager in a year or so.

Interview Questions

40 miles away and was for a position lower than what I wanted.