Claire's Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.3

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Claire's Stores in August 2017.

Interview

Pretty simple. interviewed with GM in food court area. Anybody could land a job with them and I believe that's why this company has a huge turn over rate. GM that interviewed me was immature to say the least. I knew before the interview started it wasn't the company for me. When interviewing potential new hires try to be more professional instead of sipping on your drink and have a little bit more class. This job is more for teenagers instead of grown women.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about little bit yourself?   1 Answer

Social Media Editor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

I forward my resume over to the talent manger through email and received an email 2 days later to schedule a phone interview. I responded back to her less than 24 hours about available times for interview, but received no response. The following Tuesday morning a received an email asking if I am available for a phone call that day. I respond and was schedule for the phone interview later that afternoon. About 20 minutes before our phone call , I received an email requesting another time to speak. I understand that things come up, but I have yet to receive an email from them since. This is very rude and unprofessional on their part and I will not submit an application for this company in the future. BEWARE of recruiters and talent managers at Claire's.

Allocation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

Waste of time. The people I interviewed with were less than thrilled to be there and seemed to be completely uninterested in the company, their jobs and getting to know more about me and my qualifications. One of them actually spent time during the interview bashing a former employer (really professional). The interview ended without being offered business cards or any further direction. Never heard back from the recruiter. I'm sure I dodged a bullet on this one.

Tip: maybe Claire's should actually start hiring people who are passionate and enthusiastic about the brand. This company seems to have a lot of employees that just do not want to be there. Maybe that is why the company is performing so well financially...

Interview Questions

• What would stress you out most about this job?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Orlando, FL).

Interview

It was a fun group interview, but it was down to business as it should be. There was girls who had their personal answers, but try to formulate your own answers so that you can essentially stand out.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever stole an item or been with a friend as they stole something that didn't belong to them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Glendale, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

One on one interview in a sitting area at the mall. Very chill almost casual interview. Hiring manager was very nice and seemed like she liked me alot. She told me about the promotions and events that happen at the store. She also told me that the store rents out accessories that employees can wear while at work. We also just chatted in general. However, I was not hired because I was looking for a summer job and they wanted someone more longterm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I filled out an application and was called soon after to come in for an interview. We sat outside, talked for maybe 20-30 minutes. She told me she had 2 more girls to interview but I definitely was going to be 1 of the 2 girls she planned on hiring. A few hours later she called to officially offer the job which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Claire's?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Overland Park, KS) in March 2016.

Interview

Very quick interview process. Took approximately 1 week with 2 interviews. One in person with DM and One on phone with RM. I applied via a website and heard back within 24 hours. Interview set for later the same week with my second interview thw following week. Very generic questions with productivity and and social media focused questions.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Smyrna, TN) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview. Very unprofessional. Basically told the whole group why she did not like certain girls and it was based quite a bit on appearance. Was told she would call even if we did not get the job. I received no call and when I tried to call and ask I got hung up on.

Third Key Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Dallas, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process lasted about 20 minutes. A lot of the questions were expected interviewing for a retail job. A lot of them were about helping customers and what experience I have to help me at their store. Availability was a big thing, you must be available for weekends.

Interview Questions

• How will you make sure the customers will want to come back to our store specifically?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Bristol, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Had the interview in the mall food court. The initial interview went well and I was told I would hear back after a few days, over a month later I got a letter saying though I was qualified they wouldn't be offering me a job.