Claire's Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Claire's Stores Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2018

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Columbia, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

Brief and to the point, also if you do not accessorize properly they will turn their nose at you or give you one more chance to re-interview before they speak to you.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in managment?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Claire's?   1 Answer

Third Key Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Lincoln, NE) in November 2010.

Interview

I was called by the store manager for an in-person interview. It was your typical behavior type questions plus a lot about customer service experience. Then they made me take this online assessment which seemed never ending. Stupid thing ever, it was all about personality. They never called me so I called to make sure they received it and it turned out they didn't so I had to fill out that hour-long online survey AGAIN. Then the district manager wanted a further interview with me, but I declined that interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you went out of your way for a customer?   Answer Question

I was offered another retail job and I read about how much that position sucks. I was also angry that they put me through all that work of interviews for just a low paying part time job.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Claire's Stores in April 2010.

Interview

I walked into Claires, asking if the were hiring for management and the store manager told me she was looking for an assistant manager. She then set me up with an interview, and told me to fill out the application and bring it back the day of the interview (3 days later). When I arrived for the interview, the DM was there and decided to sit in. They both asked me many questions and the store manger wrote down my answers on a 3 page paper. After the interview, she told me she would get back to me and I then received a call about 2 weeks later offering me an assistant manager for very little pay.

Interview Questions

• When was a time in your previous jobs, did you have to make a difficult decision?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

It was too low of pay for all the responsibility.

Third Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

Went into the store filled out the application took it back got an interview for the following monday interviewed. Manager and assistant manager interviewed both were really sweet laid back atmosphere but a professional refular job interview about how you previously worked and situations. Got hired on the spot

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was over the phone and very informal. I did not feel as though it was an interview due to the non personal way of interviewing. The interviewer was extremely polite but it took way too long to get a response and to receive my pay increase.

Third Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Cary, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

over the phone and simple STAR method questions. She talked about previous third key holder experience and what I can bring to the team. There was also a segment on asking questions about claires and describing claires culture

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Claire's Stores in June 2014.

Interview

The process started with a phone interview where we decided to get together for a regular interview. The district Store manager actually met me at a restaurant close to where I was working so we could meet on my lunch break, she asked normal questions and told me about the company in general things like benefits and sale incentive programs. We had a turd interview where she offered me the position.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2015.

Interview

Got call from DM via LinkedIn and had 1 interview with her. It was about half n hour and was basically on your experience and sales/management knowledge. Got her call back within a week with a good salary offer.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2014.

Interview

Long process and had to interview with two different people five different times. Very unnecessary steps to be hired for a retail job that teenagers get after school and for a summer job.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked retail before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Southlake, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Took one to two months to hear back. When I finally got an interview I interviewed for assistant manager it was a lie they just say that tone get interviews. They offered be key holder. Store manager was great and a wonderful person very professional and punctual. District manager was two hours late! She talked too much.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for claire's?   1 Answer