Claire's Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Claire's Stores Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Columbia, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

Brief and to the point, also if you do not accessorize properly they will turn their nose at you or give you one more chance to re-interview before they speak to you.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in managment?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Claire's?   1 Answer

Third Key Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Lincoln, NE) in November 2010.

Interview

I was called by the store manager for an in-person interview. It was your typical behavior type questions plus a lot about customer service experience. Then they made me take this online assessment which seemed never ending. Stupid thing ever, it was all about personality. They never called me so I called to make sure they received it and it turned out they didn't so I had to fill out that hour-long online survey AGAIN. Then the district manager wanted a further interview with me, but I declined that interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you went out of your way for a customer?   Answer Question

I was offered another retail job and I read about how much that position sucks. I was also angry that they put me through all that work of interviews for just a low paying part time job.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Claire's Stores in April 2010.

Interview

I walked into Claires, asking if the were hiring for management and the store manager told me she was looking for an assistant manager. She then set me up with an interview, and told me to fill out the application and bring it back the day of the interview (3 days later). When I arrived for the interview, the DM was there and decided to sit in. They both asked me many questions and the store manger wrote down my answers on a 3 page paper. After the interview, she told me she would get back to me and I then received a call about 2 weeks later offering me an assistant manager for very little pay.

Interview Questions

• When was a time in your previous jobs, did you have to make a difficult decision?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

It was too low of pay for all the responsibility.

Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Brandon, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

No matter what position you apply for, you will get similar questions. The higher up positions will ask more questions about experience in leadership and management, but Claire's really likes to focus on customer service skills. They want their employees to really connect and gain more loyal customers. Many questions will revolve around different scenarios involving customers as well. Make sure to do a walk through of the store and know the product. You also have to be comfortable with doing ear piercing's.

Interview Questions

• A customer walks in, asks for a gift card. How do you approach them and add on items to your point of sale? The customer does not know much about the girl other than her being 10 years of age and "seems girly".   1 Answer
    • How comfortable will you be with the idea of piercing people, specifically young children and babies?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Buffalo, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview a month later had an interview with the district manager. Interview with well, I met the district manager at the local mall and interview outside of the store. She asked the typical interview questions. Had a second interview just a few days ago with a store manager at a different mall. She very much asked the same questions. Got a call back a few days later was offered assistant manager position

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Portland, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

Very quick and easy, asked all the basic questions. Definitely do your research first and have a positive can-do attitude and you'll be considered. You also have to be open to ear piercing babies it's not that big of a deal in the long run.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stressful situations?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

The process was a three-month long interview from November to January. First it was a general over the phone with a recruiter. Then I met with the District Manager, and last the regional. It was long process and it was all over the city. In the end was offered the position but the pay was to low for the type of General Manager they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to go visit the store and give an assessment of what things could be done better and what things were being done wrong.   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Claire's Stores in June 2016.

Interview

I applied in store for a sales assistant position. At the interview I was told I was applicable for the position of Supervisor. Interview was with a manager in the stock room. Went through my application booklet.

Interview Questions

• Would I be comfortable ear piercing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Aurora, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

It was pretty simple, most questions are about what customer service means to you, how you would handle certain situations, and your sense of style. First, they will start with a phone interview if you are new to the company, and from there they will decide if a face to face is necessary. I had a phone interview, face to face, and then a phone interview again with the district manager. All were less than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is good customer service?   1 Answer

Third Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macedonia, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Macedonia, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

Imy interview took place on the sales floor. It was about 15 mins and I had to fill out another application once I got there. It was busy and my manager was the only one there so she had to ask me quin between customers. She read a script of questions and I answered them to the best of my ability. I got a phone call the next day offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with a coworker that you do not get along with?   Answer Question