Claire's Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Claire's Stores Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.1

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Contacted a couple of weeks after I applied. Typical questions asked and it was pretty informal. Know what the company sells and their target market. Called for an interview with the district manager and was offered the job the next day. You have to pass an online survey as well.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been with a friend who shoplifted and if so what did you do?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

One interview with the manager. Just questions about your skills and experience. Mainly what you would be able to do. May ask one or two senario based questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really negotiated. just told.

Store Manager Interview

Interview

I was recruited by a store manager. Soon after I was interviewed by the District Manager. The interview was more like a casual conversation. She had no paper in front of her that she was making notes on. Although after working at the company now for 7 years, the interview process depends on who you get interviewed by. I think most follow a template.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I think they knew what I was making at that time because they had employees that used to work where I was, so they made me a significant offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

Talked to the Manager when I handed in my application and scheduled an interview a week later. It was rather short. Asked basic questions about past work experiences, etc. Was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest mistake you've ever made at work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, gave me the pay and hours, and I was given the option to accept or decline.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

Depending on who your supervisor is, the interview process is pretty quick and painless.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, simple offer and acceptance.

Application

Interview

Very easy. General retail experience questions, "what-if" questions, questions about past employment and what you liked and didnt like. Keep positive and peppy and you will be fine. First few days are learning register and general company know-how. Everyone will have to learn to do ear piercings though even if you are under 18, so be prepared for that.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had someone on the phone, an ear piercing, and a customer at the checkout and you are alone?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

It was quick. The person doing the interview made no effort to try and continue the conversation she would just stare at me looking for the answers that i would come up with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, what are your 3 strengths and weaknesses, why should i hire you, what makes you a great addition to the team?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Very quick interview access after applying for the job. In store interview. The process was short sweet and to the point. A bit difficult to get in touch with the the District manager. But the store manager made it work. Very patient with the process and I was also.

Interview Questions

• What do you think your strengths and weaknesses would be in this type of environment?   Answer Question

Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Claire's Stores in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online a few months prior but I guess my application was still in their system. I was called for an interview at their store. The interview lasted about 20-30 min with basic questions. The interview was very friendly and relaxed. Afterwards the manager told me she would contact me in a week. Once I got the call she told me I would have a follow up interview with the district manager at another location. The interview with the distrcit manager was a little more tricky because she only asked me to asked to ask her questions. Then told me that I would get a call in a few days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Cleveland, TN) in August 2009.

Interview

Already was a sales clerk, all they did was call corporate and they gave me the position

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Gave me what I wanted