Claire's Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.1

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anderson, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Anderson, SC) in July 2016.

Interview

Totally unprofessional. Store manager scheduled a PHONE interview through email, called me a few minutes after the scheduled time and asked me where I am. Made me rush out there for an in person interview instead of a phone interview. When I got there she had no clue what position I had even applied for and could not find my application or resume. Ended up offering me a part time, minimum wage sales associate job. Even though I applied for a management position and I haven't been anything less than a manager in 2 years -_-

Third Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macedonia, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Macedonia, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

Imy interview took place on the sales floor. It was about 15 mins and I had to fill out another application once I got there. It was busy and my manager was the only one there so she had to ask me quin between customers. She read a script of questions and I answered them to the best of my ability. I got a phone call the next day offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with a coworker that you do not get along with?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Aurora, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

It was pretty simple, most questions are about what customer service means to you, how you would handle certain situations, and your sense of style. First, they will start with a phone interview if you are new to the company, and from there they will decide if a face to face is necessary. I had a phone interview, face to face, and then a phone interview again with the district manager. All were less than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is good customer service?   1 Answer

Allocation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

Waste of time. The people I interviewed with were less than thrilled to be there and seemed to be completely uninterested in the company, their jobs and getting to know more about me and my qualifications. One of them actually spent time during the interview bashing a former employer (really professional). The interview ended without being offered business cards or any further direction. Never heard back from the recruiter. I'm sure I dodged a bullet on this one.

Tip: maybe Claire's should actually start hiring people who are passionate and enthusiastic about the brand. This company seems to have a lot of employees that just do not want to be there. Maybe that is why the company is performing so well financially...

Interview Questions

• What would stress you out most about this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Orlando, FL).

Interview

It was a fun group interview, but it was down to business as it should be. There was girls who had their personal answers, but try to formulate your own answers so that you can essentially stand out.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever stole an item or been with a friend as they stole something that didn't belong to them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Glendale, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

One on one interview in a sitting area at the mall. Very chill almost casual interview. Hiring manager was very nice and seemed like she liked me alot. She told me about the promotions and events that happen at the store. She also told me that the store rents out accessories that employees can wear while at work. We also just chatted in general. However, I was not hired because I was looking for a summer job and they wanted someone more longterm.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Claire's Stores in June 2016.

Interview

After asking for an application and turning it in with my resume attached, I met with the manager in the food court a few weeks later. She was very serious but also very nice. The interview didn't take long and I was very nervous and afraid that I said the wrong things. However, I received a call back, 2 days later, saying that I had gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• What does a Claire's customer look like?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

Got hired on the spot asked a couple of questions such as when available, previous work experience, being comfortable with doing piercings, etc. very quick interview wouldn't say was even an interview got hired on the spot and asked to sign paperwork that following week.

Interview Questions

• School schedule, if I would be comfortable doing piercings   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

I had an in-person interview that lasted only 8 minutes. I interviewed with the manager, although the assistant manager chimed in from time to time. They asked behavioral and sales questions. Totally predictable and easy questions.

Interview Questions

• Greatest weakness + strengths
      How would you handle a unsatisfied customer>
      Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Claire's Stores in May 2016.

Interview

Loved the interview. The interview lasted about 20-30 minutes. Great questions. Some were challenging. But luckily I had already been in the situation so I knew what I was talking about.

Interview Questions

• Situation scenarios and examples of times things happened to me.   Answer Question