Claire's Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.1

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Columbia, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

Brief and to the point, also if you do not accessorize properly they will turn their nose at you or give you one more chance to re-interview before they speak to you.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in managment?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Claire's?   1 Answer

Third Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Claire's Stores in January 2016.

Interview

It was like any other interview for retail. It was very simple. They really decide based on personality and determination. It took about 3 hours after I applied to get a call and a week to get through the interview process but it wasn't too long or hard to get the job.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Was recruited by the District Manager on LinkedIn. Had brief phone interview before having one-on-one interview with DM. Was sent to two different stores to walk through and see how store looked and employees interacted with customers. Face to face interview was long, over two hours, but everything was covered from what was seen in stores, expectations, D.O.R's, pay, dress code, benefits, etc.

Interview Questions

• If you took over the store tomorrow, what's five things you would do differently based on what you saw in the store during your visit?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay was discussed because I had been making more than they could offer me for the position. A wage was agreed upon at the interview that needed to be cleared through upper management.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Sacramento, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Went in and applied, got a call back for an interview a week later. Store manager was friendly, she asked me questions on a bench outside the store for about 30 minutes. The only job experience I had was my volunteer work at a soup kitchen and she was very interested in that. I got a call from her the next day saying that I had a phone interview with the district manager the next morning. The interview with the district manager was pretty short and mainly wanted to make sure I knew what the position involved and asked basic questions about my job experience. She said that the only problem she saw was my scheduling and that she'd talk to the store manager about it. Two days later I got a call from the manager offering me the job. My main piece of advice would be to smile, be perky and passionate about the job. The whole process, while stressful because it was my first job interview, was pleasant.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Portland, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

Very quick and easy, asked all the basic questions. Definitely do your research first and have a positive can-do attitude and you'll be considered. You also have to be open to ear piercing babies it's not that big of a deal in the long run.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stressful situations?   1 Answer

Third Key Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

Pretty simple interview. Just like any other basic retail interview. I was asked about stealing, customer service, fashion, and if I was comfortable piercing ears. Pretty much got the job on the spot, but had to be interviewed for a second time because of company policy (the second interview was basically just the manager ranting about her day though, I hardly spoke).

Third Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Central Valley, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Central Valley, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

They asked me like three retail related questions, which I answered easily with over 10 years of experience. I was hired on the spot! Don't be scared when they mention the hours they are preparing you for the worst. They told me 10 hours a week, but I usually get 20-30 a week.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Smyrna, TN) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview. Very unprofessional. Basically told the whole group why she did not like certain girls and it was based quite a bit on appearance. Was told she would call even if we did not get the job. I received no call and when I tried to call and ask I got hung up on.

Third Key Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Livonia, MI).

Interview

Received application in store filled out and turned into the store manager the same day. She requested a time I could meet for an interview, interviewed the following week. The interview was pretty laid back got offered the job after passing a phone screening.

Interview Questions

• In this position you are expected to help customers while putting out stock. How would you balance the two?   1 Answer

Third Key Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Dallas, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process lasted about 20 minutes. A lot of the questions were expected interviewing for a retail job. A lot of them were about helping customers and what experience I have to help me at their store. Availability was a big thing, you must be available for weekends.

Interview Questions

• How will you make sure the customers will want to come back to our store specifically?   Answer Question