Claire's Stores Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Claire's Stores Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Was recruited by the District Manager on LinkedIn. Had brief phone interview before having one-on-one interview with DM. Was sent to two different stores to walk through and see how store looked and employees interacted with customers. Face to face interview was long, over two hours, but everything was covered from what was seen in stores, expectations, D.O.R's, pay, dress code, benefits, etc.

Interview Questions

• If you took over the store tomorrow, what's five things you would do differently based on what you saw in the store during your visit?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay was discussed because I had been making more than they could offer me for the position. A wage was agreed upon at the interview that needed to be cleared through upper management.

Other Interview Reviews for Claire's Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Bristol, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Had the interview in the mall food court. The initial interview went well and I was told I would hear back after a few days, over a month later I got a letter saying though I was qualified they wouldn't be offering me a job.

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Chattanooga, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

I was already an employee, I approached my AM and asked her about the open position. She told me about it, and I expressed I was interested. My DM allowed me to work in the store for a month as a trial to see how well I could do it, at the end of that month she say me down and asked me very basic questions such as how I felt about running the store, and how did I get along with my staff. At the end as we were walking back to my store she extended the job offer, with a higher salary than I was asking for.

Interview Questions

• How well did I get along with my employees?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

Submitted an online application with resume. Emailed district manager. Was called a few days later for an interview. Had an in person interview with the district manager and then she gave me a personality test to take online and then after that I second interview with the regional manager. Overall process was fairly smooth, but semi unorganized.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

Just a pretty normal interview, definitely was my style which made it flow easily. You know why Claires? Talked about the store, what was the issues & what I would do to handle that. Previous jobs experiences, metrics, that kind of thing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was a light negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Claire's Stores (Boston, MA).

Interview

You send in your application or resume, the district manager will phone interview, then in person interview you (sometimes you will also interview with another store manager) and you will interview either on the phone or in person with the regional sales manager.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan out your day?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Start high, they want to pay you the least amount they feel possible.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

Wasn't too bad, not too involved. Had to go through initial interview and then on to a phone screening with automated questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really, it was a take it or leave it type

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

Took one interview and one reference and hired

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Claire's Stores.

Interview

Depending on who your supervisor is, the interview process is pretty quick and painless.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, simple offer and acceptance.

Store Manager Interview

Interview

I was recruited by a store manager. Soon after I was interviewed by the District Manager. The interview was more like a casual conversation. She had no paper in front of her that she was making notes on. Although after working at the company now for 7 years, the interview process depends on who you get interviewed by. I think most follow a template.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I think they knew what I was making at that time because they had employees that used to work where I was, so they made me a significant offer.