Clarins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 2, 2017

2.5

Account Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Braintree, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Clarins (Braintree, MA).

Interview

I interviewed after pulling potential customers over to the counter for their skin care routine. I pulled six customers over and the counter staff sat everyone down and did their skin care regimen. After pulling customers for them, the regional account manager and I sat down in the middle of a mall and had a brief conversation.

Interview Questions

• Basic background questions about working in cosmetics and sales   Answer Question

Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clarins (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I had 3 in person interviews and two phone interviews spanning about two weeks, They let me know many times that this was a high profile position I was applying for and wouldn't even consider talking too me until they got in contact with at least one reference. The macy's portion was extremely easy, it was the Clarin's side that took the longest. I had one on one with the Regional, and two phone interviews with the account executive and then one with the VP who was on vacation. They all asked me the exact same questions about what my managing style was and previous success's. It all seemed great, but a very lengthy stressful process.

Interview Questions

• they had me sell product for Clarin's, and then Macy's asked me how comfortable I was selling the credit card. The Clarin's Rep was nice   Answer Question

Negotiation

honestly, I let them know my drive for business and the belief I already had with the clarin's products

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clarins (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Disgusting . Unprofessional , they can't wait to open the door to let you out. They didn't stick to their time for the interview and as soon as the person walk up to me and gave me a nasty look.

Interview Questions

• Your resume background. Not much asked.they were in a rush and can't wait to throw me out.   1 Answer

Beauty Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Clarins.

Interview

It helps to have at least 2 years of cosmetic retail experience. Also you must be good at selling.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

pay is non negotiable.

Account Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Clarins (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

5 interviews with the same person

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Maternity Cover Skincare Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wadebridge, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Clarins (Wadebridge, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Extremely friendly and open interview, I was made to feel very comfortable. I had a telephone interview first of all then the next day I was called for a face to face interview the following week. This interview was very relaxed but conducted in a professional manner.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clarins (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2017.

Interview

1st Interview - Telephonic call & 2nd Interview - Face 2 Face.
    After these process, Nothing Happened, I even asked for the performance review but I did not get any reply back from them,

Interview Questions

• How can you define yourself in three words?   1 Answer

SPA Therapist Interview

Interview

Applied online then a couple of days later a telephone interview for history. Went in for face to face interview and small tasks then back in for trade test back massage facial waxing hand massage. Back in for 5 min store approval. Visited Edinburgh 3 times. This job was temp 21 hrs over 3 days starting in November.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

After I accepted email offer from HR who asked when could I start - a new area manager called to change my start date by 3 months (aug) refused holidays and asked about my childcare as she was concerned I couldn't work until 8pm went on to roughly outline rota and shifts which no one had explained over the 4 interviews. At 2nd interview I had explained 6pm close at childcare providers and husbands shifts. I asked area manager for exact hours in writing. Ive heard nothing since. Spent around £40 in travel expenses to interviews for a temp p/t job which I was offered then it fizzled out. Confused? Not what I expected from Clarins.

Counter Specialist Interview

Interview

Started with a telephone interview , then interview with AM , asked to do a basic figures maths sheet then asked the basic questions what you know about company , about ya self etc , then asked to role play and sell a product of a choice of 3 to AM in interview , then have to go on shop floor and try getting customer , even though you have never been trained on any of the product as yet , Clarins is mainly skincare and all about traffic stopping the customers , very strict on targets and rude management if not met to standard , however only ever seems to take on inexperienced staff , and with this come a really bad staff turnover ,

Interview Questions

• Why have you picked this product to sell me ?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Interview

The process involved pre screening and multiple rounds of interviews. I interviewed with members of the both local and regional teams. The whole process was very open and quite relaxed. Focus on fit with the company values.