Clarion Healthcare Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Clarion Healthcare Consulting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clarion Healthcare Consulting (New Haven, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

Half fit interview, half easy case (45 min total). Interviewer wasn't that engaged. Not sure what they were looking for; I came out of it feeling really good, but I wasn't advanced to the next round. Many other reviewers say the same thing, so maybe they only hire one or two undergrads a year.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one thing you learned in this course (picked off my transcript).   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clarion Healthcare Consulting (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty easy interviews, but overall negative experience from a professionalism perspective.

I was immediately asked if I needed a visa--this was over the phone--right as the first interview began--not sure if this is even allowed. The interviews were simple--all market sizing questions that didn't demand much knowledge of the space which is nice for people worried about their fact-base. But, the interviewers throughout the process were unengaged and didn't seem to know their way around the cases well, which made it hard to read or judge their reactions. Maybe this was supposed to be a "stress test," but it didn't come off as stressful, it just made for really awkward interviews. I also had a few interviews during each round moved last minute, and was asked to couch surf, which wasn't even addressed by the interviewers.

Didn't get moved on, so unsure if there was another round. All in all the company's culture seemed laidback and pretty nice, but the process came off as unstructured and a bit unprofessional

Interview Questions

• All questions were simple market sizings, no questions about healthcare or where it's going so you should be fine if you're not an expert   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clarion Healthcare Consulting (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

First round on campus for 45 min with fit/case. Second round in their office with 3 1-hour interviews. Didn't advance into the final round (third round).
    All the interviewers and people I met are really nice and seem to be sincerely interested in learning about the candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Clarion Healthcare Consulting (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through university recruiting. The interview arrived ~20 minutes late for the scheduled time of my interview, and was clearly not in the mood of interviewing at the beginning of our conversation. Behavioral questions were largely based on resume and past experience. Case question was straight forward. Toward the end of case, when I asked shared current trend / industry insights directly related and applicable to the case scenario, the consultant did not seem to catch up. Overall, the consultant's responses (throughout the interview) seemed canned and not very enthusiastic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Clarion Healthcare Consulting (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus career services. Heard back within a week, first round interview on campus and final round in Boston a couple weeks later. The final round of interviews had a case in every interview, except for the one with the partner, and the interviewers challenged you a lot. The cases themselves were of average difficulty.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Clarion Healthcare Consulting (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions in addition to several other questions with regards to market size, etc (framed as a case question). They got back to me saying that my background was not really what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you advise this company whose market shares have been X and Y in years 2010 and 2012?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Clarion Healthcare Consulting in March 2015.

Interview

Very laid back and relaxed. Interviewer seemed genuinely interested in me. It was a tad concerning that I never heard anything from them after the interview (happened to multiple people). Despite only interviewing 7-8 people they never responded to any of my follow up emails just asking where they were in the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Clarion Healthcare Consulting (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had an in person interview on campus. I didn't do well on the case, but was still called back for a phone interview because of a strong biographical interview. After a successful phone case interview, I was called back for a super day in the Boston office. This consisted of 5 interviews ranging from easy to difficult with various types of cases- presentation-based, reading and summarizing, management consulting.

Interview Questions

• How many Doctors are there in the country? Which doctors should we focus our marketing towards if we have a client with a new   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clarion Healthcare Consulting (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied through my school's job board.

A week later I had a 45 minute interview with an on campus recruiter. She was very sociable, friendly. She was very good at listening and asking relevant follow up questions to what I was saying - and I feel like she really cared about what I was saying.

The next round was 4 or so 30-45 minute (depending how far over they went) interviews. The interview I had with the partners were phenomenal. Very relatable, friendly, and easy to talk to. The interviews I had with other recent hires and managers were ok.

I came back up the following week for another half day of interviews with members of the recruiting team.

Interview Questions

• The only case that sticks out was one where I was given 10 minutes to present a slide showing the 5 biggest issues in healthcare right now. It was very low stress, and the interviewer was excited to see what I had to say.   Answer Question

It was a really hard decision for me. I really liked this place and another place that I was deciding between. Honestly it came down to firm culture, and I could see myself liking the other place more. I know that this place would have been a fantastic place to work!

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Clarion Healthcare Consulting in October 2013.

Interview

Thirty min on campus interview. My interviewer asked some questions about my resume and we did a case. As the entire interview was only 30 min, both portions were short. The personal experience portion was mostly focused on getting more detail about certain experience rather than exploring a particular event in great depth like at some other consulting firms. The case was also strait forward, and included figures to analyze.

Interview Questions

• Neither the personal experience portion nor the case seemed that difficult, but I did not pass the interview, so I must have missed something. I guess they are maybe looking for deeper insights as I covered the obvious and at least some of the slightly less obvious.   Answer Question