Clarion Healthcare Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at Clarion Healthcare Consulting

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clarion Healthcare Consulting (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

Three 45 minute interviews. Each was composed of ~20 minutes of fit and ~25 minutes of case. Interviewers ranged in seniority within the company and included a member of leadership.

Interview Questions

• Typical life-science case: estimate market size based on data you request from the interviewer then consider the effects of competition in the space   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clarion Healthcare Consulting (New Haven, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

Half fit interview, half easy case (45 min total). Interviewer wasn't that engaged. Not sure what they were looking for; I came out of it feeling really good, but I wasn't advanced to the next round. Many other reviewers say the same thing, so maybe they only hire one or two undergrads a year.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one thing you learned in this course (picked off my transcript).   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Clarion Healthcare Consulting (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty easy interviews, but overall negative experience from a professionalism perspective.

I was immediately asked if I needed a visa--this was over the phone--right as the first interview began--not sure if this is even allowed. The interviews were simple--all market sizing questions that didn't demand much knowledge of the space which is nice for people worried about their fact-base. But, the interviewers throughout the process were unengaged and didn't seem to know their way around the cases well, which made it hard to read or judge their reactions. Maybe this was supposed to be a "stress test," but it didn't come off as stressful, it just made for really awkward interviews. I also had a few interviews during each round moved last minute, and was asked to couch surf, which wasn't even addressed by the interviewers.

Didn't get moved on, so unsure if there was another round. All in all the company's culture seemed laidback and pretty nice, but the process came off as unstructured and a bit unprofessional

Interview Questions

• All questions were simple market sizings, no questions about healthcare or where it's going so you should be fine if you're not an expert   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clarion Healthcare Consulting (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied to Clarion online through their website portal (October 2016). Did not hear back for a while, but first round consisted of a split behavioral/case phone interview. Second round was in the office with 6 interviews and lunch (also half behavioral/case structure). All of the interviewers were incredibly kind and interested in getting to know me. I met with individuals from all levels in the firm (Associate to Partner).

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral interview questions aimed at seeing if you are a fit for Clarion and/or healthcare consulting industry. Cases varied and had unique styles that I had not seen before (which was refreshing), but certainly involved both qualitative and quantitative thinking oriented around healthcare industry problems.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Clarion Healthcare Consulting (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

First round on campus for 45 min with fit/case. Second round in their office with 3 1-hour interviews. Didn't advance into the final round (third round).
    All the interviewers and people I met are really nice and seem to be sincerely interested in learning about the candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Clarion Healthcare Consulting (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through university recruiting. The interview arrived ~20 minutes late for the scheduled time of my interview, and was clearly not in the mood of interviewing at the beginning of our conversation. Behavioral questions were largely based on resume and past experience. Case question was straight forward. Toward the end of case, when I asked shared current trend / industry insights directly related and applicable to the case scenario, the consultant did not seem to catch up. Overall, the consultant's responses (throughout the interview) seemed canned and not very enthusiastic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Clarion Healthcare Consulting (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus career services. Heard back within a week, first round interview on campus and final round in Boston a couple weeks later. The final round of interviews had a case in every interview, except for the one with the partner, and the interviewers challenged you a lot. The cases themselves were of average difficulty.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clarion Healthcare Consulting (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screening with a healthcare case. Then a visit to the office which was 5 interviews and a lunch with current associates. The interviews contained either fit questions or healthcare related cases. The interviewers were varying levels of seniority within the company. I received an offer a couple weeks later.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Clarion Healthcare Consulting (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

After interviewing on-campus with a Consultant from Clarion, I was invited to interview in-office two weeks later. The in-office round consisted of 3 45-minute interviews with Consultants/Managers, each having both behavioral and case components, followed by lunch with two more employees. One week later, I was invited back to the office for a meeting with members of the leadership team, and subsequently received an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Clarion Healthcare Consulting (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Standard consulting interview process - mix of behavioral questions and case interview format. Throughout process, was impressed by friendliness of employees and felt they truly took the chance to get to know me through the interview process.