Clarity Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Clarity Consulting

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Clarity Consulting (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two phone interviews and an in-person interview. The phone interviews consisted of mainly behavioral questions and easy technical questions. The final interview took about 6 hours, which consisted of two one hour technical interviews, lunch with two Consultants (behavioral interview), a final behavioral interview, an overview of benefits, and a meeting with an executive (Clarity Partner). The interview process would've been shorter if I wasn't so busy during the process.

Interview Questions

• Write a few SQL statements to execute the given query   Answer Question
    • Describe and draw out the design of a project that you worked on from start-finish.   Answer Question
    • Write an algorithm in any language you know to solve the given problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clarity Consulting (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted by a recruiter. We arranged an initial phone screen followed by a technical phone interview a few days later. After that they set me up for an on-site interview. It was a 4 and a half hour process consisting of two 1 hour sessions with technical consultants, followed by a 1 hour lunch (which ran long) with 2 other technical consultants, then a 1 hour session with one of the executive level partners of the company, and finally a brief tour of the office (Q & A opportunity) with the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• If I have 9 pennies and one of them is fake based on it weighing less than the real ones, use a balance scale to find which penny is the fake.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clarity Consulting.

Interview

There was a brief initial HR phone screen, followed by another phone call which was a more technical review of my resume/skills (no technical questions), then an in-person interview which consisted of 2 hour-long technical interviews with lunch in between.

The interviewers were very nice, and the technical interviews were fairly laid back--no "how well have you memorized leetcode" type questions, just a couple very basic technical questions (stuff that anybody should be easily able to answer on the fly without reading an "interview book") and mostly reviewing resume/skills.

In the end I mostly got the impression I was rejected for not showing enough enthusiasm for consulting as a career, so be sure to come prepared with plenty of relevant questions to demonstrate your interest. Seems like a great place to work, and definitely the first time I've been rejected for something other than not answering technical questions right, so do your homework going in. Unlike other companies they care as much as about fit as raw coding ability, which is nice.

Interview Questions

• Open-ended OO questions, implement a very basic algorithm in pseudocode. All paper/whiteboard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Clarity Consulting (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First met with a recruiter at a career fair, then had a ~45 min phone interview. Was asked to come up to Chicago for an onsite which consisted of 3 interviews, lunch, and a tour of the office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clarity Consulting (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I spoke with the recruiter from Clarity Consulting after I applied online via LinkedIn. We set up a quick 20 minute phone screen, asking about my experience with group projects in college. She also asked about my various side projects that I have.

She sold Clarity as a fun place to work and also provided me with marketing materials regarding what the company does. I assumed this was for a real position, but unfortunately she was playing games because a week later she followed up with me asking for my Social Security number in the form of a Word document, which was a strange thing to ask for a pre interview. Overall, the whole process was a bit of a joke, but I was interviewing like crazy that month, so I wasn't the least bit disappointed in the behavior of this company.

She seemed to be trying to create a pipeline for candidates. Her behavior it's not something I care for. Watch out.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Clarity Consulting (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

After talking to a recruiter at the career fair and then having a phone conversation with her a few weeks after, I was invited to come to Clarity's office in downtown Chicago to meet with a few people from the company so they could get to know me. I was in a conference room with one of their software consultants for about an hour and a half (an alum of my school) and then about 45 minutes with one of the partners. Both were kind and seemed more like they were trying to get a personality fit for the company than to grill me to see if I knew my stuff. There was no technical portion of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are you hoping to get from your internship?
      What attracted you to Clarity?
      What classes have been your favorite and least favorite? Why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Clarity Consulting (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied directly through the company website and was contacted for a first interview after about 3 weeks.

From that point the recruiter was constantly in touch with me and I received updates extremely quickly. I always knew what the next step was and where I was in the process.
    I had 2 phone interviews, followed by an in person interview with 3 different people which lasted most of the day and included a lunch with 2 team members. I received an offer quickly after that, about 10 days after the initial contact.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult clients?
      What programming experience do you have?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clarity Consulting.

Interview

Met them at the career fair, and excited to get an interview. Thought I did well in the interview, described all my past experiences and had reasonable answers for all of their questions.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Clarity Consulting (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process couldn't have been more simple. I had an initial phone interview with the recruiter followed by a technical interview with one of the consultants. A few days later, I was asked to come into the office to meet with various members of the team. I met with 2 consultants in the morning followed by an amazing lunch with 2 other consultants. After lunch, I met with one of the Partners. The recruiter gave me a tour of the office and showed me all of the building amenities before walking me out. I received a call the next day with an offer - it was THAT simple!

Engagement Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Clarity Consulting (Chicago, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview process is very straightforward. I had two phone screens (Out-of-state procedure) which attempting to get an idea of my experience. No more than an hour a piece. They flew me into Chicago for an all day interview once I was screened. The day of interviews was pretty grueling just due to the fact that I had to answer similar questions for 4 sets of people. Most questions were geared towards work experience, language favorites, when was a certain pattern appropriate, etc. The final interview is with an executive. This varies wildly so you really have to just adjust to each personality. They made a decision in two business days.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, dealing with the similar questions while maintaining enthusiasm was the most difficult part of the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given a call by the recruiter and then he confirmed the offer by an email. The email outlined base pay, shares, and start date.