Clarity Insights Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Clarity Insights

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clarity Insights in February 2017.

Interview

Applied for a different role, but was asked to interview for associate consultant role instead. Recruiters were prompt and friendly. In the first phone screen, I was asked to go through my resume, about salary expectations, and about willingness to travel. After speaking with the recruiter more, the role did not feel like a good fit for me and was not pursued further.

Interview Questions

• Go through your resume, salary expectations, willingness to travel.
      Tell me about your greatest achievement to date.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clarity Insights (Redwood City, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Was pretty straightforward, lets go through your resume. Very relaxing first interview, but some questions threw me off seeing how I wasn't a freshie coming out of college. Not sure, think they clump all Associates with new ones through their 1 month training.

Interview Questions

• ell me about your achievements, have any trouble traveling, what was your GPA in college (Strange seeing how I graduated almost 4 years ago and been working!), why Clarity.   Answer Question

Principal Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Clarity Insights.

Interview

Telephonic screening 3 rounds. All 3 interviews will be very technical. There may be weeks of gap between each interview. Process may move faster depends on role and first project alignment. Final interview will be in-person in Chicago, IL office.

Interview Questions

• Data Warehouse general concept, Audit Balance, Performance management, Architecture and so on....   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clarity Insights.

Interview

I had a phone screening with a recruiter. She asked me typical HR questions. However, she was being rude to me. She kept interrupting me and asked me to repeat my answers. Two weeks later, I received a rejection email. I have a very bad experience with this interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• What's your salary expectation?
      Tell me about your technical skills listed on your resume.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Clarity Insights in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was long and sometimes dreadful. First, you have the typical HR Interview. Then, a basic "technical" interview. Third, a "data analysis" interview that was also very basic. Afterwards, I had two interviews at the same day. The first one was supposed to be a culture interview and was also a breeze. My last interview was the weirdest, unfortunately. I met the leadership development manager for a "behavioral" interview, but did not even have a single behavioral question. She seemed to gauging at me trying to predict in her mind I would be a fit or not. After five minutes in the interview she just lost interest and just asked me random HR questions.

I thought Clarity was a good place to work, but the last interviewer left a very bad impression.

Interview Questions

• They pretty much have a structured interview process. They provide you with a simple business case and work through it during the interview.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Clarity Insights (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Talent and hiring managers were friendly and helpful throughout the process. Overall the process moved slower than expected. Process took 6 weeks to get an onsite. Then, ultimately no offer was either made nor a decision to formally decline after waiting two months after onsite interview. Company is in a hiring freeze and appears to be pipelining candidates in anticipation of potential future workload increase. Don't hold your breath if you apply here.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you will be able to handle moving from a corporate to a consultancy work environment?   Answer Question

Clarity Insights Response

Nov 10, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition - Financial Services & Insurance

Thank you for taking the time to interview with us and for providing us welcome feedback on your experience. We've been fortunate to have grown 44% in total headcount along with 33% revenue growth ... More

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Clarity Insights in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received HR response for an interview after 5 weeks. The HR interview was about education and work experience and some general behavior questions. After 2 weeks HR emailed to setup a technical interview through Skype and an onsite cultural and behavior interview. The technical went well, interviewer was an associate consultant. They email you questions and give you 10-15 mins to work on then let you talk about your thought process. The onsite cultural and behavior interviews were done by LDP director and another associate(both one-on-one). The associate was nice and willing to share his experience. A bit scared by the LDP director though. The director seemed arrogant and not willing to spend time on recruiting. I managed to be myself with the director's unfriendly attitude, and thought even though the director makes people nervous but was indeed logical and analytical based on our conversation. Then the next day HR asked for a business case interview. This was when the process became annoying. Basically, I did not know when they wanted to have the interview until a week later, HR emailed and said that the interview will be held the next day. The business case interview went well, the interviewer was also an associate who is friendly and helpful. A week later, HR called and rejected me without any feedback.

The only technical part is the technical interview. I did great and the interviewer confirmed that my answers were right and thought process were clear. Business case interview is a joke, it is not typical case interview that you would practice to get in big consulting firms but has a few general business questions that gauge very basic business acumen. Since the technical and business case interviews were so basic, and they use inefficient experience as a reason to reject me, I felt underestimated by their hiring system and that most people probably can do very well on both technical interview and business case study.

Overall, the interview experience was not good. They seem to have a hiring system but you only know it after you go through everything. I was not informed proactively by HR about the possible next steps and all of their interviewers pointed me to HR regarding the hiring process. The interview feedback provided by HR is fake and the same as providing nothing.

Interview Questions

• Accomplishments, Y chose your major, basically a series of questions regarding how did you end up to be interviewed by them.

Technical part is not hard but you do not know what they want to test you on until you see the questions. So be sure to go through at least the basic skills listed on your resume.

Clarity Insights Response

Aug 25, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition - Financial Services & Insurance

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive interview experience. Your feedback is important to us and we have taken it to heart. We ... More

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Clarity Insights in June 2016.

Interview

I just went through the initial phone screen. I had submitted my application about three weeks earlier when the recruiter contacted me for the interview. The recruiter was punctual and very nice, though she called from a noisy place (possibly home? there were dogs barking and a doorbell rang in the middle) so I had to repeat myself a couple of times because she couldn't hear. Only one person called. I'm not a fresh undergraduate grad so no questions from high school and no questions about addressing a challenge, most of the questions were about my job before grad school and my experience in grad school. At the end of the interview she said she would discuss my application with a hiring committee and let me know in two weeks. A week later she emailed to say that they filled the August class so they would not be proceeding with my candidacy at this time.

Interview Questions

• - What is your greatest achievement?
      - Tell me about yourself.
      - Why Clarity?
      - Are you OK with travel?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Clarity Insights (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for Clarity in June and they got back to me in a couple weeks for a phone screen. After that, I was cleared for their technical interview a few weeks later which consisted of an easy analytical thinking test. Next came a business case interview which was a bit more challenging and finally there were two behavioral/culture fit interviews. I went through all of those over the course of 4 months to find out they had decided not to hire a class for the fall.

Interview Questions

• If there are a bunch of people at a reunion and a couple people don't get along how many handshakes are there?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Clarity Insights (Redwood City, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone screen interview with two interviewers. Had some oddball questions but was pretty average. Was a bit surprised about having two interviewers. I was contacted by a recruiter a couple weeks after I had turned in my application through a college career fair. Recruiters were informative about the position and answered question after the interview was over.