Clark Construction Group Office Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Clark Construction Group Office Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Clark Construction Group

2.7

Office Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Clark Construction Group in November 2015.

Interview

standard smooth interview. it started with a phone screen then progressed to 2 later stages. Each of the later stages was in person with managers. Main questions were why Clark? Talk about your background and skills, etc.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Clark Construction Group

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Clark Construction Group (Oakland, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

The overall interview process was positive. My initial interview happened after a referral at an industry event which resulted in a 3 hour dinner with a Project Manager. After the dinner, I later interviewed with the human resource department, who then lined up an entire day of interviews at the headquarters in Washington DC. After the interview process, the communications between myself and HR went cold and I didn't hear anything back. I then utilized my initial connections to get HR's attention to issue an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• How will your line of study be of value to the company in the field? What would you say to someone if they didn't want you working for them because of your line of study?   Answer Question

Negotiation

At the time I received the offer, leverage to negotiate was very slim due to the economy. However, I feel I received a fair offer due to the fact that I had an exact same offer from a competitor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Clark Construction Group (Washington, DC) in December 2011.

Interview

An HR representative came to campus and interview many candidates in a 1 on 1 format. After that it took about a month to hear back from HR if I was invited to a second round interview. I then got the good news of being invited to DC for a 2nd rounder and scheduled it for 3 weeks later. They were very flexible in terms of the travel plans. I am from the region and was able to schedule my interview right before thanksgiving and schedule my return flight for after thanksgiving. This afforded me the opportunity to come home for the holidays. I then found out a week and a half later about my offer and expressed gratitude. I waited a week to discuss specifics of the offer and ran the numbers. I then negotiated a higher singing bonus but the salary did not move.

Interview Questions

I had a better offer from a different company in terms of job description, compensation, bonus opportunities, stock purchasing options, 401k matching contributions, and much better health benefits.

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clark Construction Group (Bethesda, MD) in January 2011.

Interview

Submitted a resume online and a few weeks later was called about flying to DC to interview at HQ. Flew in and out in the same day (very long day). Interviewed with three executives in the division hiring for about a half hour each and finished with a half hour with the VP of HR.

Questions about previous experience and activities.

Was offered a position verbally day of the interview and the next day the details of salary and benefits was sent to me.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you without construction experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-negotiable. DC is very expensive so try to get as much as you can but keep in mind lots of other people probably will take what you were offered so it probably won't happen.

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clark Construction Group (Costa Mesa, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Clark flew me to Costa Mesa on a Thursday evening and put me in a nearby hotel. I met with several other recruits and Clark's Human Resources representative and visited a project. The next morning I met with the other recruits again at Clark's office for interviews. It was a round robin style interview and I met with seven Clark employees ranging from a second-year employee to a Vice President. Each interview was about a half hour long.

Interview Questions

• A penguin walks through that door right now wearing a sombrero. What does he say and why is he here?   84 Answers

Negotiation

There wasn't much in terms of negotiation. I received a letter in the mail a couple weeks after the interview that provided details of my offer. When I counter-offered, I was told that would not be possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Clark Construction Group (Bethesda, MD) in January 2010.

Interview

After submitting my resume I was contacted by the HR department who set up a day of interviewing. They put me up in a hotel across the street which was nice considering I was only coming from 2.5 hours away. In the morning there was a brief overview at headquarters and then I was taken to a job site for the day by metro.

I was shown around the job site(seriously, a suit isn't necessary and you'll be better off without nice shoes) by a current office engineer for the remainder of the morning which was interesting. I ate lunch with a few of the younger people on site and after lunch I interviewed with the project manager on site.

The people were very nice, but it seemed like a very mediocre kind of place.

Office Engineer Interview

Interview

I had a pre-interview meeting with Clark. Was an informal conversation. Felt very comfortable but my lack of experience was clearly issue. The meeting was held at my university and I received a response two weeks later about the outcome of my interview.

Office Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Clark Construction Group in September 2014.

Interview

Clark came to my campus to hold an information session as well as attend our career fair. Upon giving them my resume at the career fair, I was contacted later that day for an interview the next day. They called back a lot of people to interview. The interview itself was not very challenging. It was mostly a conversation of my experience with construction and my activities on campus inside and outside of class. At the end of the interview, my interviewer said "I'm showing you my cards here, but I'm going to push you through to come down to our office in Bethesda (their HQ)." I just received a confirmation this week that I will be going down to Bethesda for a second round!

Office Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Clark Construction Group in October 2014.

Interview

Clark's interview process is great introduction into the company. I interviewed with several other candidates as part of a recruiting weekend. They split us into two groups, one group toured a job site first and then came back for one on one interviews, that second group did the opposite. We all met for lunch in between. The job site tour was really great, and gave me a much better idea of what Clark employees do day to day when they're in the field. Three of the project managers led the tour and we were able to ask a lot of detailed questions.
    When we came back for lunch we were greeted by a few upper level managers who ate with us to have a casual conversation. Again, this allowed me to ask more questions about Clark and learn more about the company.
    There were three one on one interviews with various members of team Clark who worked in different parts of the company. The interviews all lasted about 45 minutes and were all fairly casual. The questions were all more behavioral and personal rather than technical. They also opened time for me to ask them questions.
    Overall the process was very informative, I got to know the company as well as the company got to know me, which I appreciated. It was a very long day, and by the end I was very tired, but it was a good experience and a great interview.

Interview Questions

• There were very few "difficult" questions. They ranged from "why Clark?" and "why construction management?" to "tell me about what you do outside of class." All straightforward and fairly easy to answer.   Answer Question

Office Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clark Construction Group in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through University career fair and had a telephone interview and visited Maryland office for the second round. The interview was a day long process half in the office and half on the field. Took two weeks to get a reply.

Still Deciding