Clark Construction Group Office Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 12, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 42 of over 152 interviews

Applied online14%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Clark Construction Group (Bethesda, MD) in Nov 2019

Interview

Clark Construction came to our University Campus Career fair event. After speaking with the representatives, I was invited to first round interviews on campus. A week or two after the panel style interview, I was invited to Bethesda, MD HQ for second round interviews. They flew me in and provided a hotel room. The interview event was approximately 6hrs. The day consisted of an information session, 3 separate interviews (between executives, HR management, and VP), a lunch, and a tour of a nearby project. Clark team was very kind, open minded, and seemed to genuinely care about each interviewee.

Interview Questions
  • Why Clark Construction?
    Answer Question
  • Describe your greatest achievement and what makes it so special.
  • How do you manage multi-tasking?
  • Describe a time where you had to lead a team. What would you have done differently?
  • Describe a time where you had to manage a manager. What was the outcome? What would you learn from the experience?
  • Describe a time where you did not know how to do something at work or school and how did you approach the situation? What was the outcome?
  • Are you willing to move? If so, where?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Clark Construction Group (Washington, DC)

Interview

Initial video interview screening with a recording software. 3 behavioral questions. Site Visit with both an behavioral interview and a formal interview component, tour of a construction site and an explanation of project management positions in the field. Office formal interviews with a number of engineers from other departments (project engineers, budgeting, etc.).

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Clark Construction Group

Application

I interviewed at Clark Construction Group

Interview

All day, we had lunch in the office and then we had round robin style interviews with about 6 in total. Pretty much just behavioral questions asking why I was interested in the company. Overall it went very well and I really liked the people I talked to.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Clark Construction Group (Bethesda, MD) in Dec 2015

Interview

A very involved interview process that gives some great insight into the culture of the company. The first stage involves a video screen. It's not a live Skype chat, but a video recording where you are shown some prompts and then record your responses. There are 4 prompts (what are your greatest strengths?, why did you choose your major?, etc.). You have 30-seconds to prepare your answer for each one and are given 60-90 seconds to respond. It can feel a little awkward talking to yourself, but this kind of screening is becoming more common so it's best to embrace it. The next stage is a full-day interview at Clark HQ in Bethesda, MD. I interviewed with a group of 5 other candidates, all still in school. We met at HQ at 8:30 AM for an orientation to the company and to meet a few employees. Then, we split into 2 groups. One group went to tour a job site, and the other stayed in the office for four 45-minute 1:1 interviews. We then reconvened at HQ for a round-table lunch where we could meet more employees and ask questions. The groups then switched places in the afternoon. I toured a job site in Arlington in the morning. We had a quick meeting in the field office where we met the project staff and could ask questions about the work they do. Then we were given a tour of the job site which was really cool. It definitely gave you a sense of how hectic managing a project can be. After the tour, we went back to HQ for a round-table lunch with more opportunity to ask questions, and then I went into the four 1:1 interviews. The four interviews are certainly a bit draining, but I found them to be an incredible opportunity to ask what it's really like to work at Clark. I got great insight into the interviewer's career progression at the Clark, where they started, how they are evaluated, challenges the company is facing and how they are addressing those challenges. By the time the interviews ended at 4:30 PM, I was exhausted but had a notebook stuffed with valuable information. About two weeks after the interview, I was presented with an offer which I accepted. They're pretty firm on starting salary, preferring for you to prove your value to the company before adding additional compensation, which makes sense. I was able to negotiate the signing bonus, however, so there is some flexibility with that piece.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself.
  • In our line of work, we often have to manage subcontractors over whom we have no direct control. If you were having a problem with a subcontractor, how would you handle it?
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clark Construction Group (Bethesda, MD) in Dec 2015

Interview

The interview was very smooth. I got an email from them for the first video record interview. There were 4 questions and its about 1 minute each to answer those question. After a week, they flew me into Bethesda for a final round interview. 4 Interviews in the morning. Site tour in the afternoon. 2 (20 mins) interviews during the site tour. Total 6 interviews from 8:30-4:30.

Interview Questions
  • How do you manage your time to work with your busy work schedule?

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Clark Construction Group (Bethesda, MD) in Nov 2015

Interview

Spoke with them at my college job fair, left my resume and was later contacted about doing an interview. The first interview was a virtual one where recorded questions were asked and I gave an answer that was recorded for review by the Clark team. These questions were very typical of standard interview questions. About a week later I was contacted by the Clark Recruiting Team, telling me I had made it to the next round for an interview at the headquarters in Bethesda. They offered to pay for a hotel, flight, etc... But I was local so I decided to just drive over to Bethesda the morning of the interview, which started promptly at 8:30. I was not aware before hand that I would be one of ten interviewees that day, but I quickly realized once I saw the other candidates there that this is a very competitive process, because Clark is the best of the best in the industry. The day at the office consisted of four 45 minute interviews with young project engineers, which were not technical, but instead very personal and mostly talked about general things and the kind of things that make me click. We then had lunch after the round of interviews and then had a job site visit where there was another interview with one of the employees at the job site. By the time we left the job site it was close to 4pm so the day was nearly over. We were told as we were leaving the HQ in Bethesda around 4:30 that we would hear back within to weeks whether or not we would be offered a position. After a week and two days I was called by Clark and told they were making me an offer, which would be emailed to me the following day with all the details. The offer was great and I accepted within 5 days, even though I had 2-3 weeks to decide.

Interview Questions
  • Why Clark? What do you bring that others don't? What kind of experience do you have?
6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Clark Construction Group (Bethesda, MD) in Nov 2015

Interview

I interviewed with an HR representative after the career fair at my school. Next step was to go onsite in Bethesda for an interview. This consisted of four conversation, behavior based interviews in the morning and then a site tour in the afternoon. Almost everyone I talked to was friendly and seemed to be genuinely trying to get to know me and how well I'd fit in in the company, as well as feel out my skills and abilities.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Clark Construction Group

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Clark Construction Group in Nov 2015

Interview

standard smooth interview. it started with a phone screen then progressed to 2 later stages. Each of the later stages was in person with managers. Main questions were why Clark? Talk about your background and skills, etc.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Clark Construction Group (Bethesda, MD) in Oct 2015

Interview

I spoke to them at our college fair. From there, they contacted me to do a video interview which was basically recording myself answering several questions they asked. They then contacted me to attend a day interview at their headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland. the interview lasted from 8:30am to 4:30pm. During the day, we visited a construction site and then we had a trailer interview. We then returned to the office had lunch with several Clark employees and asked questions throughout the lunch. We then had four 45 minutes interview. It was a great day and I felt like a definitely got a feel for the environment of Clark. I am still waiting to hear back from them

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Clark Construction Group (Bethesda, MD) in Oct 2015

Interview

1st round interview was on my university's campus with a representative from HR. Interview was an informal, 1-on-1, 30 minute interview. Why Clark? Tell me about yourself and involvements. What do you want to know? A week or so later, was emailed to make travel arrangements and then flown out to the headquarters in MD for the 2nd round. Interview lasted from 9-5 and consisted of four, 1-on-1, 40-minute interviews, a luncheon with young employees and a really interesting job site tour. The interviewers were very nice and I enjoyed talking to them all. Was a great experience overall and I really like the company. Received an offer over the phone and email two weeks later. Still deciding so haven't accepted yet.

Interview Questions
  • Why Clark? Behavioral questions. Biggest strength/challenge? Campus involvement? Leadership roles? Know your resume. Be sure to do research and ask them questions!
Viewing 1 - 10 of 42 Interviews