Clark Construction Group Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.6

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Clark Construction Group (Bethesda, MD) in November 2017.

Interview

Very straightforward, direct, getting to know-you type of interview, speaking about your resume and general behavioural questions. A lot of nice staff to interact with. Toured the company premises, and had lunch with the two of their executive members. Afterward we toured a job site for the purpose of getting up close knowledge of their activities and job type.

Interview Questions

• What informed your interest in Clark ?   3 Answers

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Clark Construction Group (College Park, MD) in October 2017.

Interview

From my recent personal experience, I was sent an invitation to complete a video interview for Clark through TakeTheInterview. I was given 72 hours to complete the process but due to personal conflicts (travelling), I was able to ask for an extension for that deadline. I highly recommend starting with the practice interview that the website provides. It helps you get a sense of what the camera can see in the room behind you and how you should typically pace yourself. There is an unlimited number of times you can do the practice interview. The practice interview includes a written response example, but Clark's interview only required video responses. Once I started, I had about 30 seconds to read the question and prepare my thoughts, then it counted down from 3 before starting the recording. Depending on the question, I had between 1.5 and 2 minutes for each of the three questions. All three are behavioral in the first round. Finally, once you start the actual interview, there isn't a way to redo your answers or pause in the middle of your responses. Make sure you feel prepared, have water nearby, your environment is quiet and not distracting, and click onto the next question whenever you are ready.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Clark Construction Group (Bethesda, MD) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was in Bethesda after a round of interview on campus after the career fair. It was basic behavioural questions with lunch and a site visit after lunch.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clark Construction Group (Bethesda, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone and then 2 1/4 hour in person interview, met with two VPs who were encouraging, positive. The discussion was extensive covering the project they were hiring for and my relative experience.

Executive Assistant (Bethesda, MD) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Clark Construction Group (Bethesda, MD) in December 2016.

Interview

I found listing on SimplyHired.com but thought it was strange from the beginning (and still do) as the job continues to post as NEW every hour on the hour, and has been for over two months now. I think they are just weeding through a LOT of candidates in search of who-knows-what! Did go in for an interview, and first HR person I met with had all names of current candidates written on white board in office that I could easily see. There was also a stack of resumes on desk. Then when I interviewed with VP, half of interview spent with VP listing all of Clark's projects. Kinda strange vibe going on.

Interview Questions

• They were worried that the commute would be too much for me as I did not live in Bethesda, and they told me Bethesda traffic could be pretty bad. How do you respond to this? I seriously think employers should leave commuting issues to the interviewees. If interviewee did not think it was a viable commute, they would not be there!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clark Construction Group (Bethesda, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

From the day I applied to the day I had my interview was about 2 weeks. I submitted my application online. About a week later I was emailed to take there virtual interview where the screen gives you a question and you answer it by talking into the webcam. The responses are recorded and you have 60-90 seconds to answer the four questions. Then I was emailed two days after to go to the headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland for an all day event/interview (8:30am to 4:30pm). They paid for my flight and hotel stay.

In the morning, all the candidates were split into two groups. One half went to tour a job site in Washington D.C. and the other half started their interviews. Then at noon, everyone met back up at the headquarters for lunch. After lunch, the group that had interviews switched and toured the job site in the afternoon, and the group that toured the job site had their interviews in the afternoon. There were 4 interviews all lasting 45 minutes each. They were one on one interviews with various employees that had the same position in your career path (office engineer, superintendent, project manager, etc.). The interviews were more conversational instead of the interviewer asking questions and you're the one answering. It was very back and forth and relaxing. Be prepared to talk about your resume, why clark, why construction. Any experiences you have try to tie them into construction management and/or general contracting.

After the interviews, they bring you back upstairs and the HR recruiters tell you that we will let you know something in 2 weeks, whether we offer you or not you will hear something back.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Clark Construction Group (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

Met at a career fair. Was contacted soon after for web recording interview. Then invited down for full day. Half the day was spent doing interviews. Then we visited job sites to get a sense for what they were working on.

Interview Questions

• They mainly asked about my experiences. More a get to know you conversation to make sure you're a good fit.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Clark Construction Group (Bethesda, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and via school career fair and was invited to complete the initial video-recorded answers to basic questions about myself and why I was applying. I was then invited down to a day at the Bethesda Headquarters. All of us there for the interviews met with our personal HR rep and some older employees. We then split up into rooms where we had 4 45 minute interviews with a variety of employees, generally on the younger side. The essentially just wanted to have conversations with us to get a picture of if you're an intelligent human being capable of doing the job, as well as if you're really interested in the position and would excel. After the 4 interviews, we had lunch, and then took the Metro on out to a job site to get a full tour of everything going on there. When we got back to the HQ, we were told we'd hear back within two weeks, which I did.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about yourself, resume, experiences, why Clark Construction etc   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Clark Construction Group (Bethesda, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

Clark came to college career fair and reached out the following week for a first stage interview. This interview was done online. Questions were asked and timed answers were recorded. After the first stage, Clark offered a onsite interview where I got to visit their main office in DC. I have four interviews in the office and then they took me to a construction site. On the site, I had two more interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Clark Construction Group (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

I first had a video interview that had basic questions. After, I was invited to the corporate office for a day of interviewing where I toured to a job site in DC, had lunch with Clark employees, and then had four one-on-one interviews. It was a long day but meeting everyone at Clark really sold me on the company.

Interview Questions

• Why construction? Why Clark? Describe a team where you were a leader. How would you handle a time when a subcontractor was being difficult? Describe a time when you had a difficult team member and how did you handle them.   Answer Question